PDA

View Full Version : 3 yrs from now poll

Alec
12-02-2001, 05:11 PM
Ok guys I got a poll for you. Where do you think Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo will be 3 yrs from now? Who will be dominating the market?

SciFi
12-02-2001, 08:36 PM
can't tell so soon, but you can always hope it'll be M$

Jason1010
12-02-2001, 11:06 PM
i wish it would be ms and nintendo but in reality... it will sadly be sony most likely... all their customers have been brainwashed into thinking that anything with the word playstation in it is the best...

SACK
12-03-2001, 06:58 AM
Just some history about me before reading:

I am an IT professional for a major corporation and deal with all sorts of Microsoft "Problems" etc, etc. I have in the past found myself tempted to badger Microsoft on repeated times for having to work in the wee hours to apply Security patches to our Web Farms running Internet Information server due to all of the holes that constantly get published on the web... yaddy yaddy, then at home I complain about constantly having this lock up, or "AHHHRGH!!!... I do this all day at work and why can't my system run this game!!!!???" (How many of you have had that happen LOL) how many fatal exception (bluescreens) I have sat through in the past. OK I am rambling.

OK:
Think about it, Microsoft has had to code for EVERY Tom, Di-ck, and Harry's computer configuration (and then some on top of that too.) Same with game developers writing for any WinX platform.

NOW the opportunity arrises for Microsoft to code for ONE hardware platform! No compromises for anything, just the xbox. Do you think their VAST experience with dealing with what I mentioned above will help them in THIS scenario??? .... YOU BET!!

I was speaking with our Technical Accounts Manager from Microsoft here onsite at work and asked him about the xbox and how much they will have to sell to make a profit.... I asked if each person bought 3-5 games would they be in the plus... and he stated:

"......if each xbox owner bought 5 games we would be DOUBLE the company we are now!"

Imagine that guys.

Maybe now I might buy some MS stock :)

Plewis
12-03-2001, 08:26 AM
Everybody knows Nintendo is in their decline, and they are going to turn out like Sega in a year or so. Microsoft and Sony are going to duke it out, and Microsoft will win because they can underprice the competitor then overprice once their gone. It wont be good for the gamer once Microsoft has the monopoly, but right before it will be fun!:D

Hugh_Jass
12-03-2001, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by SACK

"......if each xbox owner bought 5 games we would be DOUBLE the company we are now!"

How can this be true?

5x$50=$250

Even if they are talking 1.5Million XBOXes, that is still only $375Million dollars. That doesn't even cover their ad campaign!

SACK
12-03-2001, 12:49 PM
I'm not talking only in dollars but in market share terms. If each xbox owner bought 3-5 games they would have an incredible market share in the console market.