PDA

View Full Version : I'm NEW, sort of...

Hermes Pan
04-03-2003, 08:56 PM
i was actually around on "another" board till i got banned, supposedly, for calling someone a *edited*. oh well. anyway, that was after he made some annoying comments about my original post about game-makers not putting stuff out up to Xbox's quality. So, how are you lot around here? Can you handle criticism if it's well-founded and not pitch hissy-fits? Back to my brownie.

Kraft
04-03-2003, 09:11 PM
critisim, yes. flaming, no. Name-calling? no. This is a board for all ages, so while debate and critisim is totally acceptable, rampant flaming and name calling is not. If you do these things you can bet on suffering a similar fate on this site.

Hermes Pan
04-03-2003, 09:17 PM
problems usually arise because i post a truthful but negative comment and i get flamed to pieces. then i call someone a whatever and i'm the one that ends up in trouble. meanwhile i'm trying to have a normal and civil debate with the people who make intelligent arguments amidst waves of posts yelling troll and other nonsense, but that gets ignored for the one insult i give someone. ah well...

No Fear 23
04-03-2003, 09:20 PM
just be careful what u say :)

and welcome

Hermes Pan
04-03-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by irule23
just be careful what u say

careful shmareful, i say what i feel is the truth. if i like a game i say it, if i hate a game i say it. i always give reasons, though. i never just spew out empty hate comments. which is why i expect the same in a rebuttal. and i just had the best breaded shrimp ever!

EHWfedPres
04-03-2003, 09:51 PM
welcome man...im just surprised they didnt ban me too...:confused:

Hermes Pan
04-03-2003, 09:56 PM
who knows. the mod i think banned me is probably power happy. what can you expect from a Best Buy employee?

Kraft
04-03-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Hermes Pan
who knows. the mod i think banned me is probably power happy. what can you expect from a Best Buy employee?

Discriminating against best buy employee's are we?

the_wank3r
04-03-2003, 10:00 PM
yeah, you fought the law, and the law won poor bugger

Hermes Pan
04-03-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Discriminating against best buy employee's are we?

only the ones who single me out and ban me. and the ones who are too busy talking to their friends in the store instead of helping me and then get upset when i find someone else to help me and they lose their commision on the $8000 tv i just bought, or the $900 surround sound system.

Highlite23
04-03-2003, 10:46 PM
I think I speak for most of the mods, It takes quite as bit to get banned.

You can make your point, likes, dislikes, critisize, without profanity or persanal attacks.

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell. Welcome.:)

Variation-XBA
04-03-2003, 11:19 PM
only the ones who single me out and ban me. and the ones who are too busy talking to their friends in the store instead of helping me and then get upset when i find someone else to help me and they lose their commision on the $8000 tv i just bought, or the $900 surround sound system.

Best Buy employees dont earn commission.

ShannonX
04-03-2003, 11:33 PM

LOL, best buy stopped doing the commission system in 1989. Actually, when i worked there, i always hoped the "not so bright" customers would go bug some other poor employee. I was the laziest employee there, i hated it. I worked in the media department and had to put up with ps2 fanboyism from half my coworkers.

Casper
04-03-2003, 11:35 PM
grabs popcorn and gets ready for the show

shrew king
04-03-2003, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the site, sorta....

SPARTAN VI
04-04-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by casper
grabs popcorn and gets ready for the show

Digs into popcorn with a greasy handful

Needs more butter?:confused:

Welcome, again, duder. Lets just hope you don't make the same mistake twice. If someone starts flamin you, (although I don't like to encourage "tattlers") don't respond in anger, just try to make him looks as stupid as possible (without profanity). Worked on Chico/Cityson, look where he is now. :D

Hermes Pan
04-04-2003, 07:38 AM
so why the heck would a best buy employee get upset? do they get some kind of credit for helpng a customer? do they have some kind of quota? do they just get paid to BE there> no wonder most of them are so lazy! i once went in to get a PC program. i asked the floor person where i could find it and she looked in one place and told me they were sold out. i turn to leave and there's this BIG display FULL of the program i was looking for cuz it was on sale! i also remember when i first got my Xbox. this lazy chick didn't wanna get it cuz they were low and she had to go somewhere in the back and get it and unlock stuff. when she finally came back with it she kept complaining about how hwavy the Xbox is and was kinda makin to pass it to me, but i made her carry it all the way to the front register. lazy sods.