PDA

View Full Version : PS2 GAME of the YEAR!

Hermes Pan
04-04-2003, 07:07 AM
this doesn't belong here, does it? of COURSE not! why, then, do i see in some XBOX magazines, ads like this for games????? can't an ad be designed specifically for the mag it's going to be in? i dunno, but it seems like quite a slap in the face to me. or are Xbox mag publishers that greedy?

LongBow
04-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Yes. This is a business, and seeing how most PS2 games get ported to the box, why not. Money makes the world go round.

Flood
04-04-2003, 07:50 AM
because rival counsoles sometimes do that....buy ad space in another console's magazine to make the reader think

or it might be because they have the same publisher. if im not mistaken, Offical Playstation Magazine and Xbox Nation are both published by the same company.

Viper87227
04-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
because rival counsoles sometimes do that....buy ad space in another console's magazine to make the reader think

or it might be because they have the same publisher. if im not mistaken, Offical Playstation Magazine and Xbox Nation are both published by the same company.

Correct. They are both published by Ziff Davis Media. The question is was this add in XBN or OXM?

The world may never know ;)

Hermes Pan
04-04-2003, 08:23 PM
i've seen this type of ad in both mags. i just don't get it. ah well...

TheCovenant
04-04-2003, 09:33 PM
yea, uhhh, you cant control what ads are shown where. they provide the money for the mag, and if they want to be shown in the first ten pages of the mag, then they will, regardless of the content.

EHWfedPres
04-05-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by LongBow
Money makes the world go round.

I thought it was the earth's spinning core or the gravitational force or some crap...

Kraft
04-05-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I thought it was the earth's spinning core or the gravitational force or some crap...

It's angular momentum that has been present since the earth's creation. The core, if anything, makes the world spin slower and we loose spin speed in the form of friction.

EHWfedPres
04-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
It's angular momentum that has been present since the earth's creation. The core, if anything, makes the world spin slower and we loose spin speed in the form of friction.

The axis...duh...:rolleyes:

Viper87227
04-05-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

dont you ever make me think that hard again, it still hurts ;)

MethodZ
04-06-2003, 10:49 AM
money will make people do anything even run through the streets naked screaming WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE:o

l Maximus l
04-07-2003, 04:42 PM
I thought the universe was spinning and the Earth was just stationary...hmmmm.... :confused:

:D