PDA

View Full Version : Arx Fatalis should be a good RPG

yall
04-04-2003, 07:54 AM
PC gamer gave it a score of 85% (i think) which from them, is pretty high. I must say once that and fable are released, the xbox should ahve some real quality RPGs.

But, just to let you know, it is not a japanese style RPG, sorry FF fans.

LongBow
04-04-2003, 08:07 AM
And thank god for that! Im going to check this game out.. I dont really see what sets it apart from other games. sounds kinda cut and dry.

Kortiz
04-04-2003, 04:04 PM
i got the demo for PC....it is pretty good. the graphics are not nearly what they should/could be. but the gameplay seems to be pretty good.

Shadow20002
04-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
i got the demo for PC....it is pretty good. the graphics are not nearly what they should/could be. but the gameplay seems to be pretty good.

Can you describe a little bit what is look like (how many characters, worlds are vast or not, about creatures, weapons, etc). :cool:

Kortiz
04-05-2003, 10:51 PM
it reminded me of thief.......only with spells and stuff. the color lighting and way you cast spells is pretty cool.

the graphics arent the best if you ask me, but the gameplay was pretty good.

basically about the way the world ends up after the sun burns up or sompin and everyone has to move underground. you configure your body, class kind of configuration with stats. you basically need to find out who you are. your character has amnesia.......or something to that effect. you dont remember who you are.......so you are on search to find that out......

all i have done in the game has killed some troll guard that put me in a jail type area. and then it was taking me into kind of a tuturial/search type thing. killed some rats and some spiders and that was the extent of my playtime.

i couldnt figure out how to cast spells, so i quit playing.