PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo abandons the console race!!!

Dream Theater
04-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Nintendo has finally announced what many people have been expecting; the company will be leaving the hardware business. Stating that they cannot compete with Sony, Microsoft, and Nokia's N-Gage, Nintendo's current GameCube and Game Boy Advance will be its last console systems.

The veteran video game manufacturer will focus its time and resources on game development, much as Sega has done. Nintendo spokespeople have stressed that gamers will still see more of Mario, Zelda, and all of the rest of their favourite Nintendo characters, and in the future they will be able to enjoy those games on mulitple platforms.

Despite the announcement, Nintendo has stated that they fully intend to support their two current console systems for at least the next three years, with a full range of games in development for each, so current gamers need not worry about their systems becoming obsolete anytime soon. Furthermore Xbox and Playstation 2 owners can look forward to one day playing the latest Zelda game on their system of choice.

RudedogX
04-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Link? Sorry, I don't trust much stuff reported on the Internet from people I don't know too well.:D

Dre
04-04-2003, 10:10 AM
post = total B.S.

Tell me why someone in this (follow link) situation would do such a thing?

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6024609.html

RudedogX
04-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Thanks Dre...figured as much.:)

Variation-XBA
04-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Dream Theater
Nintendo has finally announced what many people have been expecting; the company will be leaving the hardware business.

http://www.ileet.net/images/AnswerIsNo.jpg

Viper87227
04-04-2003, 03:29 PM
haha what a n00b!!!

Did you sign up here just to make up false roomers? :confused:

Zion
04-04-2003, 03:53 PM
You're about 4 days late for April Fools, ya twit.

I hereby order you to lose the 'Dream Theater' name and pick a name from band that more suits you. You are hereby known as 'Spandau Ballet' as that is the weakest, gheyest band I can think of right now.

You don't deserve the Dream Theater moniker.

Nintendo has finally announced what many people have been expecting; the company will be leaving the hardware business. Stating that they cannot compete with Sony, Microsoft, and Nokia's N-Gage, Nintendo's current GameCube and Game Boy Advance will be its last console systems.

The veteran video game manufacturer will focus its time and resources on game development, much as Sega has done. Nintendo spokespeople have stressed that gamers will still see more of Mario, Zelda, and all of the rest of their favourite Nintendo characters, and in the future they will be able to enjoy those games on mulitple platforms.

Despite the announcement, Nintendo has stated that they fully intend to support their two current console systems for at least the next three years, with a full range of games in development for each, so current gamers need not worry about their systems becoming obsolete anytime soon. Furthermore Xbox and Playstation 2 owners can look forward to one day playing the latest Zelda game on their system of choice.

Dream Theater
04-04-2003, 07:34 PM
It may be a joke. I don't know. Just trying to be informative. Zion you can suck ass. Just because my post count is low doesn't mean I'm stupid. You are very dumb for thinking you know people in here by how many posts they have. Get a life

http://www.videogamereview.com/dailynews/comments/1049208595,23751,.asp

Zion
04-04-2003, 07:45 PM
It may be a joke. I don't know. Just trying to be informative. Zion you can suck ass. Just because my post count is low doesn't mean I'm stupid. You are very dumb for thinking you know people in here by how many posts they have. Get a life

I didn't say a single thing about how many posts you have, I didn't even look. Sounds like you're a wee bit insecure.

When shall we expect your name change? Don't make me call Mike Portnoy to come put the beat down on your buttocks.

Viper87227
04-04-2003, 07:49 PM

fist of all that was me you twit. Second off all telling respected members to suck ass is not going to get you a very good rep. think before you post :mad:

LTM360
04-05-2003, 09:14 AM
The only reason I don't. nor ever will belive THIS, post about this topic, is the fact you just said "...Gameboy Advance Will Be Nintendos Last Systems", had there been no GBA, I would belive this maybe 20% more, but Nintendo isn't giving up since GC is getting better monthly sales than PS2.

Highlite23
04-05-2003, 10:00 AM
Boy, nothing like making someone new feel welcome.:rolleyes:

Dream Theatre, first off Welcome.

The rest of you, calm down. I'm sure he's not the first to not notice the date on an article and put 2 and 2 together. As far as name calling, seems you guys started it.

Let's show a little patience with new members, shall we.:)

Dream Theater
04-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
Boy, nothing like making someone new feel welcome.:rolleyes:

Dream Theatre, first off Welcome.

The rest of you, calm down. I'm sure he's not the first to not notice the date on an article and put 2 and 2 together. As far as name calling, seems you guys started it.

Let's show a little patience with new members, shall we.:)

Thank you. Your right. I did not start name calling. I get sigs of someone throwing me the finger and people jumping all over my back. You guys just make yourselves look stupid. I don't care anyways. I was just trying to be helpful. By the way Zion, Tex Avery sucks!!!

wbio
04-05-2003, 10:39 AM
yeah, the article was posted on April 1st.

Zion
04-05-2003, 11:44 AM
By the way Zion, Tex Avery sucks!!!

Okay then, please post a link to the cartoons that YOU'VE made that are any better.

Oh yeah, Dream Theater sucks as well. Tell them that 1984 hair metal died 20 years ago.

Highlite23
04-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Thank you. Your right. I did not start name calling. I get sigs of someone throwing me the finger and people jumping all over my back. You guys just make yourselves look stupid. I don't care anyways. I was just trying to be helpful. By the way Zion, Tex Avery sucks!!!

See, now i go and defend you and you through Zion a zinger. Is it really true that the members around herer are THAT immature.....hmmmmmmmmm. Just couldn't help yourself at the end there.

Personally any argument that anyone makes and uses, sucks, stinks, etc...without any redeeming info is a waste of time.

I'll leave you guys to play in the sandbox, don't get too out of hand.:rolleyes:

Variation-XBA
04-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA

I'll leave you guys to play in the sandbox, don't get too out of hand.:rolleyes:

You kicked over my sandcastle! :(:(

Casper
04-05-2003, 01:55 PM
Why not just close the thread...I mean, look at the date on the source..it's April Fool's....good lord :rolleyes:

AmpedRider
04-05-2003, 08:39 PM
http://www.xboxlegacy.net/images/trash.gif

MethodZ
04-06-2003, 10:45 AM
the only reason why the gc was bad is nintendo only relied on there own games there were very few 3rd party games on that system

Nameless
04-06-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by MethodZ
the only reason why the gc was bad is nintendo only relied on there own games there were very few 3rd party games on that system

Why are you talking in the past tense? The Gamecube is still around bud.

MethodZ
04-06-2003, 07:29 PM
not for me i sould min ea long time back