PDA

View Full Version : will PSO be worth the monthly fee?

DefilersHand
04-04-2003, 11:46 AM
I'm thinking of getting this game and was wondering if anyone played the DC version and what you thought of it. Will this be worth my time and money?

RudedogX
04-04-2003, 12:02 PM
I've heard mixed reviews of PSO. Either way, I think I'll just wait for the Star Wars games that come out. From what I understand there will probably be a montly fee for those too, but oh well, what can you do...

studepaber
04-04-2003, 12:22 PM
I played PSO on Dreamcast like it was the end of all games. But seriously I plan on getting it and paying the fee. If anything I'll pay for a few months worth, take a break from the game, then maybe pick it up again after awhile. Bad thing is you can't trade this game since each game has its own unique online account. I still think it's worth the fee contrary to most other people's beliefs.

Variation-XBA
04-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
wait for the Star Wars games that come out. From what I understand there will probably be a montly fee for those too, but oh well, what can you do...

It will, just like the PC version

Duke
04-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Variation
It will, just like the PC version

Didn't realize the PC version was going to be pay-to-play. At least we won't be hearing all of the "I'll just play it on PC for free" arguments. I guess technically you're paying more when you add in the $50 for XBL and whatever you pay for broadband, but those are costs that aren't going away no matter what platform I play a game on.

Variation-XBA
04-06-2003, 01:31 PM
Exactly. And isnt the Xbox version supposed to be using the communicator for voice chat as well unlike the PC one? :)

Slayer02
04-06-2003, 01:31 PM
Since when is there a semi-decent MMORPG That is NOT pay-to-play? *Besides free UO shards*

Cryogenic Pyro
04-06-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Slayer02
Since when is there a semi-decent MMORPG That is NOT pay-to-play? *Besides free UO shards*
When will people learn? PSO is NOT, I repeat, NOT an MMORPG.

VeNoMiZA
04-08-2003, 10:27 AM
a freind of mine dosnt have XBL but he wants to buy this game.. will he be able to play it?

Brnthngs
04-08-2003, 12:46 PM
No, I'm afraid that your friend will not be able to play PSO because you must have a live account to get the game to start up on you're box. That's what I've heard anyway. I'm a little concerned about this due to the fact that I would love to play this game, and I don't have a connection, or I would get XBLive. It's a little upsetting, but I'll get over it.:cool:

therock21
04-08-2003, 10:02 PM
I think PSO woll be a fun game. Espesially online. As for the fee, I dont know weather or not I would pay it. I guess it depends on how fun the game actually is online itself.:cool:

shrew king
04-08-2003, 10:18 PM
I am not going to pay monthly fees for a four player game. A MMORPG I might pay a monthly fee, but that is doubtful. This game doesn't even have me interested.

Yannie Boy
04-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
a freind of mine dosnt have XBL but he wants to buy this game.. will he be able to play it?

this is what you do......

get a memory card copy your account and place your account on his box so that when he wants to play pso he'll just "use" your account for the game and since he doesn't have live you don't need to worry about he useing it on live:)

atrox
04-09-2003, 08:16 PM
An Xbox Live account is required to play Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II. To play the game online, Xbox Live subscribers will be required to buy a Hunter's License, which will give gamers the ability to travel on wild adventures with other Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II gamers. It also provides access to a plethora of online exclusive content, such as seasonal quests, downloads, and rare, in-game items. The Hunter's License is free of charge for the first two months and, after that, will carry a service fee of $8.95 per month.

There is all the info you need to know from www.xbox.com