PDA

View Full Version : The News All Xbox Fans Have Been Waiting For (brute Force) Ign Related

borka105
04-05-2003, 10:06 AM
WELL, IGN has just posted their 6 page hands on preview on Brute Force. It's insider only, but this is what everyone here should know:

"Brute Force is pushing the boundaries of not only co-op play, but also the Xbox hardware. Frankly, this is already one of the best looking Xbox games yet, and that is far from an easy feat to accomplish. And there is no other game that makes better use of the built-in Ethernet port, without having online play, as well as Brute Force. With downloadable content and a system link mode that must be experienced to be believed, it is games like this that only the Xbox can make a reality. Why Brute"

"Outlook
Since its announcement, Brute Force has had the weight of Halo on its back, and that is no easy pressure to withstand. With the amount of hype surrounding Brute Force, expectations levels are through the roof, as is the skepticism of the public about Digital Anvil's ability to deliver on its promises, let alone live up to the high standards that Bungie set. After spending some quality time with the game, we can confidently say that Brute Force may in fact be the best thing on Xbox since Halo, and that, my friends, is the brutal truth."

that's ign's take

-borka105

studepaber
04-05-2003, 10:18 AM
Could it be????!? An upcoming Xbox exclusive game that doesn't suck??? OMG! no really, I seriously can't wait for this game and hope it doesn't get delayed when May rolls in.

wbio
04-05-2003, 10:42 AM
thanks borka, can't wait!

EHWfedPres
04-05-2003, 10:49 AM
I cant wait. The game will surely be great, wether it has online play or not. I just hope the late May ship date sticks.

LTM360
04-05-2003, 02:16 PM
I might pick this up, but im not buying it immediatly, since for some stupid ass reason, they took online play off. Ill buy this when its in the bargain bin. Unless it ends up to be as awesome as it sounds.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
04-05-2003, 03:10 PM
I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for this game.....it had better be worth the wait.....

the_wank3r
04-05-2003, 03:13 PM
<-----Already Paid for it :) I cant wait to walk in and not have to pay :)

LynxFX
04-05-2003, 04:27 PM
And there is no other game that makes better use of the built-in Ethernet port, without having online play, as well as Brute Force.
You are barely even making use of the Ethernet port if you don't support online play. :rolleyes:

I'm really excited for this game but I still can't believe they don't have Live support. That has to be the dumbest move I've seen on a game for the xbox yet, especially since it sounds like system link is awesome.

FYI to game developers, We bought Live so that we wouldn't have to fiddle with system link ever again!! Hello!

ShannonX
04-05-2003, 04:27 PM
cant wait for this game. I have it ordered and i'm just waiting for it to ship. Even though it does'nt allow you to play online via live, i'm sure i'll still have a blast playing it.

borka105
04-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
You are barely even making use of the Ethernet port if you don't support online play. :rolleyes:

I'm really excited for this game but I still can't believe they don't have Live support. That has to be the dumbest move I've seen on a game for the xbox yet, especially since it sounds like system link is awesome.

FYI to game developers, We bought Live so that we wouldn't have to fiddle with system link ever again!! Hello!

well if you were an IGN Insider you would know why:

Answer: Making this game LIVE Compatible at this point would be "suicidal" .

It's pretty much impossible to do when the game is so late in the process. In other words, IT WOULD RUIN WHAT HAS SO FAR BEEN DONE.

heck, this game was known about soon after Halo, it's been in development for a very very long time........ Thus, is was too late to put in LIVE support.

but, d/l levels doesn't hurt......

-borka105

EHWfedPres
04-05-2003, 04:37 PM
Games dont need live support to be good.

LynxFX
04-05-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by borka105
well if you were an IGN Insider you would know why:

Answer: Making this game LIVE Compatible at this point would be "suicidal" .

It's pretty much impossible to do when the game is so late in the process. In other words, IT WOULD RUIN WHAT HAS SO FAR BEEN DONE.

heck, this game was known about soon after Halo, it's been in development for a very very long time........ Thus, is was too late to put in LIVE support.

but, d/l levels doesn't hurt......

-borka105
That excuse is pure BS. They knew about Live, they had the dev stuff for Live well before Live was even out. They chose not to put it in way before the game was 'almost completed' or beyond the 'suicidal' point. Unless Brute Force has been done for 18 months now and they have just been sitting on their asses waiting for a good time to release it, then I don't believe that excuse for a minute. They dropped the ball.

I still am excited for it and will buy it but come on, they could have come up with something better than that.

borka105
04-05-2003, 05:12 PM
it's the truth....

they did their best, they added in free d/l levels.....
I don't think a company would ever not do something that would help the future of its game......

especially since this is a FIRST PARTY GAME!

I mean common...........

*that's not the point, the point is that all this hype, all these delays, they were all worth it..........

tick tock tick tock............................ may 29th!

-borka105

SPARTAN VI
04-05-2003, 05:12 PM
If it still has system link play, I'd pick it up. Lugging around my TV and Xbox isn't too much of a price to pay for some multiplayer mayhem. But, the Live support would be nice...:(

JJaX
04-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Damn borka, care to copy & paste the article.

borka105
04-05-2003, 08:22 PM
i would, but i am afraid I will get banned for doing it........

it's freakin 6 pages long.

-borka105

JJaX
04-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by borka105
i would, but i am afraid I will get banned for doing it........

it's freakin 6 pages long.

-borka105

ijjaxi@aol.com ;)

e-mail me about...Ummmm mech assault strategy...Yah....I need some umm Tips.....

No Fear 23
04-05-2003, 09:18 PM
if it only had live......

it can rule till halo 2 comes out.

borka105
04-06-2003, 07:59 AM
bump

-borka105

ShannonX
04-06-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
If it still has system link play, I'd pick it up. Lugging around my TV and Xbox isn't too much of a price to pay for some multiplayer mayhem. But, the Live support would be nice...:(

or you could pick up a flat panel monitor and a vga adapter, probably not the greatest combo, but sure alot easier than luggin your TV around.... granted, that would only be good if it was one person per xbox though.

kornavs19
04-08-2003, 03:34 PM
When is this game coming out?

borka105
04-08-2003, 05:22 PM
btw jjax, can I get a thank you. Common dude........

limp, comes out late May..... 28th I think.

-borka105

l Maximus l
04-08-2003, 07:59 PM
I'm also bummed out that Brute Force is not an XBL game. I can care less how awesome the game is and how wonderful the A.I. is. There's nothing more unpredictable, which I prefer, than playing against real people. Even in the most complicated A.I., any gamer will start to see patterns and know exactly how to counter the enemy. With human players, it's not necessarily that easy.

I'm still bummed.........though, I may pick it up. Fortunately I have plenty of people that I know to play System Link or 4 way Co-op.

Damn! It's just inexcusable to not make a SQUAD BASED SHOOTER not XBL compatible! Hell, that's one of the biggest things that makes XBL so successful! Check out GR, for example!

JayMan36
04-14-2003, 08:19 PM
I have been wating for this game since it was announced and i know it is going to be amazing and one of the best games for the x-box!

http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/summercamps/camperwebsites/sr/week1/luke%20website/brute%20force.jpg

JayMan36
04-14-2003, 08:25 PM
http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/summerca...ute%20force.jpg

XBX_Junior_XBX
04-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Wow, I can't wait to buy it. Could this be the answer for Halo?

Brevity
04-15-2003, 08:04 AM
Man did I wish this game was system linkable. But I am getting it none the less. Listen B4 XBL and a little after my house was the game center for my area. Since xbl came I still play with alot of them but now its on xbl and not at the house leaving alot of great hard ware and some good times behind. I welcome the return of game night at my pad so I am buying this for that reason alone.

borka105
04-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Brevity- can't agree with you more.

Guys take into consideration that Digital Anvil did the best they can. Owners of XBOX LIVE are still going to recieve the opportunity to download maps for multiplayer.....

With or without LIVE, this game will be awesome. Few games have been under the microscope and worked on for as long and as hard as BRUTE FORCE. Digital Anvil and Bungie must see something special in this title and right now, I think we can trust their judgement as their resume of AAA titles don't lie.

May 5th- Return to Castle Wolfenstein
May 28th- Brute Force

I'm a happy camper! :)

-borka105