PDA

View Full Version : Grab some spare underwear because what we have in store will make you s*it your pants

wweomaniac
04-05-2003, 12:01 PM
OK.... What does that banner at the top of the xboxaddict.com website mean? Is it for microsoft, or is it for xboxaddict?

its misleading... but it does create a lot of hype about nothing.

well.... if for some reason, you didn't see the big banner on the front page: here it is... http://www.xboxaddict.com/evilbarcountdown.swf

Highlite23
04-05-2003, 12:26 PM
It is XBA related.

You'll just have to wait and see................tick,tock,tick,tock.;)

Highlite23
04-05-2003, 12:28 PM
LOL...Although if it were a Microsoft add it would be pretty damn ballsy and funny as hell.

I could see that add flashing accross my TV screen....LMAO:D

Kraft
04-05-2003, 12:30 PM
wwe, I would seroiusly rethink calling it a 'lot of hype about nothing'. Just because you don't know what it is doesn't mean it won't be much. Hell, if it were only something minor we wouldn't have bothered wasting space on the front page to promote it :D

OuFtb
04-05-2003, 12:34 PM
A while ago there was a thread saying change the front page, a mod got on and posted a picture saying a change is coming. So what I belive is they are changing the front page. I could be wrong and I guess we will see.

Nameless
04-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
wwe, I would seroiusly rethink calling it a 'lot of hype about nothing'. Just because you don't know what it is doesn't mean it won't be much. Hell, if it were only something minor we wouldn't have bothered wasting space on the front page to promote it :D

I think he said that because there is no info given.

Kraft
04-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Nameless
I think he said that because there is no info given.

If we told you exactly what it is it wouldn't be nearly as suprising or cool. We are trying to achieve a guiness book of world records by creating at least 8,000 soiled underpants in one day.

maneatingcow
04-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Stay tuned later tonight... some more information will be revealed :)

Variation-XBA
04-05-2003, 12:59 PM
They are giving free Xbox's for everyone! ;)

wweomaniac
04-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Variation
They are giving free Xbox's for everyone! ;) but I already bought one :(

And when I said hype about "nothing" I meant something that hasn't even been announced yet...

Nameless
04-05-2003, 01:22 PM
If we told you exactly what it is it wouldn't be nearly as suprising or cool. We are trying to achieve a guiness book of world records by creating at least 8,000 soiled underpants in one day.

Lol, what a great record.

wbio
04-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Yes! I have always wanted to break that world record!:eek: lol

No Fear 23
04-05-2003, 01:25 PM
i already posted this in the OTL. o well, i should've post it here. mods, feel free to merge it together :)

Kraft
04-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by irule23
i already posted this in the OTL. o well, i should've post it here. mods, feel free to merge it together :)

Ehh, something like this can be hyped in multiple threads :D

MerimacHamwich
04-05-2003, 01:57 PM
Mmmm, yes, the potential is evil...evil indeed.

wweomaniac
04-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by irule23
i already posted this in the OTL. o well, i should've post it here. mods, feel free to merge it together :) no you stay out.

but now we all know that there will be games given away... but what about this thirty dirty day giveaway?What will be given away? Maybe the 30 day giveaway will giveway a chance to win the ultimate giveaway ;)

Snapple
04-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by OuFtb
A while ago there was a thread saying change the front page, a mod got on and posted a picture saying a change is coming. So what I belive is they are changing the front page. I could be wrong and I guess we will see.

i doubt it will just be the front page! there prolly gonna remodle the whhhhhhhoooooooolllllllllllleeeeee xba:)

wweomaniac
04-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Xenocide
i doubt it will just be the front page! there prolly gonna remodle the whhhhhhhoooooooolllllllllllleeeeee xba:) maybe it wil be changed into a ps2 site.

bahhhhhhhhhhh

the look of this site was getting sorta last year anway. txb, and ************ layout will never get old. xba needs to be blacker... b/c once you go black, you never go back.

LTM360
04-05-2003, 02:13 PM
I dont see why we need to get excited about giveaways, since nobody I know has gotten their Outlaw Golf yet! :mad: (im kidding its just $5...)

anyways, did anyone else notice that its only 5 days, instead of 7??? :eek:

CrazyCougar
04-05-2003, 02:47 PM
Tick, tock, tick, tock. :cool:

ARONO129
04-05-2003, 03:57 PM
It could be something to do with chili. That always affects me that way or maybe a redesign of this site.

ShannonX
04-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
maybe it wil be changed into a ps2 site.

how did you guess? :rolleyes: :eek:

wweomaniac
04-05-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
I dont see why we need to get excited about giveaways, since nobody I know has gotten their Outlaw Golf yet! :mad: so true...

Kraft
04-05-2003, 04:10 PM
so true...

*marks wwe and LTM ineligible for contests since they are soooo upset about the other contest*

Guys, just because you win a contest and a prize takes for ever and possibly doesn't show up... doesn't mean it is XBA's doing. Usually these companies offer up prizes, we hold the contests and we tell them were to ship to. Back in the days when I was eligible for contests I won an xbox skin in september, and got it in laaate november. If you haven't received a prize, contact someone from staff (best bet is Van-XBA) and let them know, but don't think it is due to staff negligence that you haven't received your prize.

studepaber
04-05-2003, 04:11 PM

D@mn, and I just had my pants dry cleaned :( At least they're brown :D

Kortiz
04-05-2003, 04:26 PM
looks cooooo to mee cant wait til i see what happens.......

wweomaniac
04-05-2003, 04:40 PM
*marks wwe and LTM ineligible for contests since they are soooo upset about the other contest*

Guys, just because you win a contest and a prize takes for ever and possibly doesn't show up... doesn't mean it is XBA's doing. Usually these companies offer up prizes, we hold the contests and we tell them were to ship to. Back in the days when I was eligible for contests I won an xbox skin in september, and got it in laaate november. If you haven't received a prize, contact someone from staff (best bet is Van-XBA) and let them know, but don't think it is due to staff negligence that you haven't received your prize. why is everyone misinterpreting me in this thread? so true... as in oh yeah... as in I totally forgot about that... as in kraft is communist.

Kraft
04-05-2003, 04:50 PM
why is everyone misinterpreting me in this thread? so true... as in oh yeah... as in I totally forgot about that... as in kraft is communist.

Hmm... I could have sworn I interprited it just the way you wrote it. Here is the way I translated it

LTM: what is the point of contests if we don't get the prizes?
WWE: i agree

well if you want to agree with someone who is implying that contests are pointless then go right ahead.

SPARTAN VI
04-05-2003, 04:56 PM
I don't plan on wearing underwear then. :]

Instead, I'll wear a nice big diaper!:cool:

canadianboi3
04-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Hmm sounds cool. I can't wait!!!

LynxFX
04-05-2003, 05:04 PM
A-N-T-I-C-I-P-A-T-I-O-N

http://home.attbi.com/~lynxfx/xba/anticipation.jpg

ALC
04-05-2003, 05:58 PM
haha

I personally can't wait to see what's in store. This is the only xbox related website I visit anymore :)

Snapple
04-05-2003, 06:05 PM
i cant wait either!!!

ARONO129
04-05-2003, 06:51 PM
I was right about the site being designed.

BTW In case anyone is interested, chili actually does have that effect on me about half and hour after eating it.

wweomaniac
04-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Hmm... I could have sworn I interprited it just the way you wrote it. Here is the way I translated it

LTM: what is the point of contests if we don't get the prizes?
WWE: i agree

well if you want to agree with someone who is implying that contests are pointless then go right ahead. no man, you got it all wrong again :D

i even quoted the part i replied to. tsk tsk.

Master Gracey
04-05-2003, 07:00 PM
One thing I find strange....

We're asked to watch our language on these forums, right?

We're asked to not do things to skirt the censors, right?

So why is "s*it" so prominently displayed on the front page? :D

Kraft
04-05-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

That perplexed me myself. My idea for the titles was XX:XX:XX until you will need a fresh pair of underwear.

Snapple
04-05-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

lol, well...these forums have a lot of cussing since on the rules its saying not to cuss and **** like that:D

btw: what should they put......poo!?:D

bbchs_trash
04-05-2003, 07:17 PM
b/c once you go black, you never go

LoL... Steve Martin is awesome...

As for this... it has to do with the dissapearance of Van-XBA... they probably killed him like feardotcom...

JERKS!

You think SEGA games can make up for the loss of VAN?

Well... I suppose it will do...

PapaSKooT
04-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
As for this... it has to do with the dissapearance of Van-XBA... they probably killed him like feardotcom...

actually, i just played w/ van on xbl :eek:

LongBow
04-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Ohhh, goody! Another count down. Wonder what's it goina' be *sets it up on a shelf beside a Matrix Reloaded countdown*:D

I hate contests .. I never win anything *cries, hoping to guilt someone in to giving him free stuff*

Master Gracey
04-05-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Xenocide
btw: what should they put......poo!?:D

It's a scatalogical quandry!!

Damned if you doo, damned if you don't. Hehe... :D

Shadow20002
04-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Just in time or least a start. A long 30 days giveaways with additionnal games from Sega, Ubisoft and Microsoft Game Studios. Prepare to hunt XBA. ;)

Snoopy7548
04-05-2003, 09:05 PM
i hope i win something:D :)

No Fear 23
04-05-2003, 09:31 PM
im gonna win, im gonna win!!

lol, its gonna be fun

canadianboi3
04-05-2003, 09:44 PM
I really hope I win some games. If that's even what is happening. I've gotten quite confused throughout these posts.

EDIT: I watched the whole ad on the front page, and all I have to say is, IM BUYING NEW BOXERS TOMORROW! :) I want to know when this is gonna start.

Also, previous XBA winners, how do you get informed? Do you just get emailed? And mods, how do you guys pick who gets what? Just randomly pick somebody?

Dyslexic Chaos
04-05-2003, 10:13 PM
This just proves once again that this is the best xbox site around. I've never seen any other Xbox sites care so much about a contest and keep it such a secret, usually u can squirm it out of them. I hope i win something, but my chances are pretty slim i think, because i dont post nearly enough. Heck, its pretty much an honor to get me to post in a topic. Well, either that or luck of the draw, you decide... anywho, good luck with the contest (if thats what it is) you guys, I hope we all have a blast.

Flood
04-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B
This just proves once again that this is the best xbox site around. I've never seen any other Xbox sites care so much about a contest and keep it such a secret, usually u can squirm it out of them. I hope i win something, but my chances are pretty slim i think, because i dont post nearly enough. Heck, its pretty much an honor to get me to post in a topic. Well, either that or luck of the draw, you decide... anywho, good luck with the contest (if thats what it is) you guys, I hope we all have a blast.

its not just about forums post, its about entire site partisipation....posting reviews, excitement comments, going to the chat room, etc...

Dyslexic Chaos
04-05-2003, 10:47 PM
lol, again, i am staying with my original incite. I dont post reviews much (i think ive done 1), I've never been in the chat room. Sorry man, i work and go to school, so i have maybe 3-5 hours a day of free time. I usually spend that time outdoors ,doing homework, or playing my games. I wish i had more time to spend at this awesome site. But alas, I do have 1 question for ya though, when it says it depends on your participation, is that on a whole, or just during the contest?

Master Gracey
04-05-2003, 10:52 PM
doing homeworf

If you spent more time on this, maybe you could actually learn to spell... :D

J/K! :)

Dyslexic Chaos
04-05-2003, 10:55 PM
D***, i would be mad, but its so ironic, i cant stop laughing.

Master Gracey
04-05-2003, 11:04 PM
D***, i would be mad, but its so ironic, i cant stop laughing.

Sure gave me a good chuckle! :D But I know how it is... when I was in college, I had between 60 to 80 hours of homeworf a week, and sometimes I couldn't spell either.