PDA

View Full Version : This sucks.

EHWfedPres
04-05-2003, 12:09 PM
I really hate when magazines and websites and people themselves review games and say it sucks because it lacks something...wether it be online play or system link, etc. People need to start reviewing games based on what they do offer instead of what they were hoping for.

Flood
04-05-2003, 12:21 PM
i understand where you're coming from, but you gotta expect it to some degree. If a first person shooter comes out and it doesnt have Live support, ehrn games like Unreal Championship and Ghost Recon already offer live support, they're going to be like "games just like this one are on Live, why couldnt they have added it?"

although sometimes it may be unnecessary, sometimes it is and is to be expected

Snapple
04-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I really hate when magazines and websites and people themselves review games and say it sucks because it lacks something...wether it be online play or system link, etc. People need to start reviewing games based on what they do offer instead of what they were hoping for.

i dont see nothing wrong with it:) after all its just their opinion

Kraft
04-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Xenocide
i dont see nothing wrong with it:) after all its just their opinion

This is very true. You do need to learn to take other people's opinions with a grain of salt, after all... everyone is human. Heck, even media that is supposed to be unbiase (i.e. the news) is often just as biased as the rest of media.

Hermes Pan
04-05-2003, 02:23 PM
well, what's lacking COULD make a big difference. look at Capcom vs SNK2. without Live it would suck to me, the way Marvel vs Capcom sucks.

SPARTAN VI
04-05-2003, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I think the only reason why Capcom vs SNK 2 EO was saved was because they added LIVE support. TheCovenant (or Ninja) sure wouldn't just sit there playing against bots all day if they weren't going to eventually play a human player. It's a factor, now.

Kraft
04-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
Yeah, I think the only reason why Capcom vs SNK 2 EO was saved was because they added LIVE support. TheCovenant (or Ninja) sure wouldn't just sit there playing against bots all day if they weren't going to eventually play a human player. It's a factor, now.

Actually, this game would still have a huge niche for people who absolutely love 2d fighters. Anyone who has played this game can vouche that it is definately the most involved and complicated 2d fighter ever.

Hermes Pan
04-05-2003, 08:44 PM
it is a great 2d fighter, but we're now living in a 3d world. i don't know how well it sold, but i'm sure it woulda been less if it hadn't been Live enabled.

Master Gracey
04-05-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Hermes Pan
it is a great 2d fighter, but we're now living in a 3d world. i don't know how well it sold, but i'm sure it woulda been less if it hadn't been Live enabled.

We're in the 3D world now??? Geesh... my 2D/3D translator must have been lost in the mail. I'm glad someone told me or I might have slipped on a cat. :D

OppiumNitrates
04-06-2003, 10:46 AM
I dont know man, the biggest problem with alot of games is lack of GOOD options. . . . I'm not talking about somthing major like LIVE support I'm talkin bout the little things. . . . . like a totaly coustomizable control scheme as opposed to only a limited number of preset ones. if you cant play the game the way you want why play it?