PDA

View Full Version : Why XBOX ?????????????????????????????????

Vteck3000
12-02-2001, 10:33 PM
Does anyone know why did Microsoft called their system the " XBOX " ????:confused: Is there a story behind the name ???? I love the name they used but i was wondering if it has a story or a meaning to the people who created the machine. Thank you. :D

Dr_Gonzo
12-02-2001, 11:31 PM
they were going to name it directx box but ended up changing it to xbox. I think they mad the right choice, dont you?

Vteck3000
12-03-2001, 12:37 AM
Of course i think they made the right choice on the name XBOX.......... it's just that i was wondering what was the story behind the name ............ and i think you answered the question ....... thanks :D

Heyyoudvd
12-03-2001, 01:15 AM
the best systems seem to have the worst names.

Xbox, Gamecube, Playstation (2), Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo etc... are all terrible names.

Whereas Jaguar and Saturn are cool names. There are many exceptions to this, thoug, like 32x, Sega Cd, Virtual Boy etc..., which are crappy names and crappy systems.

Actually, almost every console in History has had a crappy name, but all that matters is the games.

FpS_PhReeK
12-03-2001, 01:17 AM
Probably,,, but anyhooo.:D

Microsoft had named many of its software releases with an "X" being short for "Extreme" in the era before the XBOX arose like a mighty giant crushing the other consoles that do not deserve mention like scrawny little bugs under its shiny black and green powerhouse.

So the real question is the true name of the XBOX the "Extreme Box"?

In any case it does not matter what they call it as long as no one takes mine away from me and they keep making solid games for it.

PhReeK out!

Koolice98
12-03-2001, 03:23 PM
its not the extreme box, its named after DirectX, and further more Bill Gates wasn't even the person who had the idea for xbox, J allard and seamus blackley came up with the xbox

l Maximus l
12-03-2001, 03:28 PM
I understand that the name was supposed to be "The most bad ass innovative revelutionary box" But they just put an X in there to abbreviate it :D

~~~XboX PrYdE!!!~~~

MaxPain
12-03-2001, 03:33 PM
OK, im getting VERY VERY ****ED OFF, yes and it's because of the XBox. At first I started getting this dumb ass error "THere's a problem with the disc your using. It may be dirty or damaged" what the hell is this BS, I've had my XBox for 3 days. And I can't play Halo because this @&*^#@I&^@#&^(* error. And forget when I said all systems have an error some time or another. This thing is proving to me that all it is, is a peice of shyt!! omg *smashes his xbox*

l Maximus l
12-03-2001, 03:38 PM
MaxPaine...It appears to me that you need to clean your room, dude...if you are getting that, the disc is probably all dirty and junked up. What do you live in, man? A pig pit?

MaxPain
12-03-2001, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
MaxPaine...It appears to me that you need to clean your room, dude...if you are getting that, the disc is probably all dirty and junked up. What do you live in, man? A pig pit?

Maximus, My XBOx is sitting on a shelf all b itself and well ventilated. I keep the games in a case, so no way their getting dusty. I've tried this over and over like 20 times now, I had this for 3 days. I get to where I want to pick which guy I want to use on Halo, then its like loading.. then it goes halfway across the screen and comes back and gives me this **** error. This microsoft peice of shyt isn't impressing me very well anymore. GRRRRRRRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

l Maximus l
12-03-2001, 03:48 PM
Dust, I wasn't referring to dust. I recommend that you use toilet paper for your purposes...not your XBox video games :D hehe...maybe you had a little glitch. It happens, just not to me yet :D

MaxPain
12-03-2001, 03:50 PM
Heh, I wasn't trying to be funny, but whatever. You know I like XBox the best, but it sucks when I get these errors. I didn't plan on paying all that to sit here messing around with it likes it's an (NES) blowing in it and stuff......bah!

l Maximus l
12-03-2001, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by MaxPain
Heh, I wasn't trying to be funny, but whatever. You know I like XBox the best, but it sucks when I get these errors. I didn't plan on paying all that to sit here messing around with it likes it's an (NES) blowing in it and stuff......bah!

MaxPain...you blow your Nintendo? Whoa.......:eek:

MaxPain
12-03-2001, 03:59 PM
LoL, I mean back in the day, you know them sucky NES's after awhile had that lame blinking problem hehe :D , but if you wanna talk about blowing, ask your sister :p jk! :p

FpS_PhReeK
12-03-2001, 08:02 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OUCH!!!

Hey MaxPain, just return your Xbox for a new one and go on gaming... I mean come on get on with Halo already.... MaxPain is just around the corner, keep the faith, Xbox rocks on.

PhReek out!