PDA

View Full Version : Halo on LAN!!!!!! :D

Ghoohie
04-06-2003, 11:38 AM
:D Saturday, I was playin some 8 person Halo @ my house w/ a cross-over cable, 2 xboxes, 8 controllers, 2 halos, 2 big tvs, and 8 other friends. This was some of the most fun I ever had with an xbox. Everyone whos got an xbox and some friends (w/ an xbox) should play some halo w/ a LAN connection.

Slayer02
04-06-2003, 01:19 PM
I would, but im the only one with an xbox.

Variation-XBA
04-06-2003, 01:32 PM
My birthday abit after halo came out, 4 tvs, 4xbox, 16player heaven....Even all my quiet friends got into it and were shouting "suck my plasma" ;)

Ghoohie
04-10-2003, 05:22 PM
that's gotta be sweet

LongBow
04-10-2003, 10:35 PM
Ever since the box came out, me and my three friends play Halo 2 on 2, on two xboxs almost ever weekend. We are looking for some more players so we can go 3 or 4 way with a hub.

Halo kicks ass on a LAN.

ScorpionX
04-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Yea Halo LANs are very cool, I have had one with 12 players, but always get 8 players together. The only problem is most of them suck ;)

bretman1234
04-11-2003, 06:50 PM
hey you guys. just wondering if you guys have ever played halo online. Its tons of fun and all you have to do is download gamespy arcade at gamespy.com. you need a broadband connection and you can play up to 16 players. It rocks.

ScorpionX
04-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Please do not use LagSpy everybody, use XBC which can be downloaded at www.xbconnect.com

Enjoy :D

LongBow
04-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Yah, I have played a lot of xbox connect. Its sweet. Halo is good If you can get a low ping. Me and my buddys some times go on that. It just makes me think how good Halo2 will be!

studepaber
04-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Yea I use XBConnect sometimes, but I have never experienced Halo LAN since my friends are all cheap arses and won't buy an xbox. :(

xboxman_1
04-11-2003, 11:39 PM
Ahhhh...16 players...it rocks where I'm sitting, cause we have 16 good players. Its way more fun than online, cause your all sitting there in the room, and you know everyone. Online does kick ass if you cant get all the TV's together. After the first halo LAN with just 2 xbo's, I now have 25 friends that have xbox's.

LongBow
04-11-2003, 11:46 PM
We play 2 on 2 teams alot on the lan.. and we think us faily good players.. but some people on XBC just kick as8 like its going out of style...

I need a bigger TV for the Lans.. Big TV = better snipeing

Ghoohie
04-13-2003, 08:14 PM
yea, but some of the people on XBC can cheat.

skorp
04-17-2003, 10:51 PM
gonna try this weekend...gonna lan my box to my bros own in the next apartment over...gonna crimp me a big ass cable tonight..woo woo...plus I gotz me a 52" tv:D

CARDINALS RULE
04-22-2003, 05:53 PM
i've never done any lan with halo....i should try sometime...it sounds like loads of fun

LongBow
04-23-2003, 07:51 AM
It sure is Canadians Rule, it sure is.

Slayer02
04-23-2003, 12:26 PM
Here's how you **** your buddies of on a lan, do the Sidewinder (Snowy) level and put all veichles on, grab a tank and make a mad dash for the hill that has two tunnels and the complex near it (across the ice if your at the blue base I think) if your facing that mountain, go up it and back the tank up against one of the tunnels (left works best for me) now run and grab a ghost, take the ghost up and ram the tank head on with it, if you did it right you will fly off the level, if you get close to the edge (towards being back in the level) you can shoot out but cant be shot at (only every few shots will hit you, but rockets will kill.) Enjoy, works best with Pistol/Sniper combo or Sniper/Rocket combo.

HaloPlaya
04-23-2003, 05:36 PM
Oh yeah! I've done that many times :) It's definitely a blast, especially when you slaughter the noobs while they're just learning :D

l Maximus l
04-26-2003, 03:55 AM
I play on XBConnect like it's my religion. Ever since I upgraded my DSL, I'm getting a solid 608K upload. Last night, I was the only person that had one person on my XBox. A team of four jumped in, a team of three, and another team of three all running on my connection. They said it so smooth, it made a baby's ass feel like sandpaper :D

As for LAN games, I play them once every two weeks. And, about once a month, we get 16 dudes together for a slaughterfest. In one game of CTF at BG, I had over 200 kills :D

Covenant Comm.
04-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Halo over lan is one of the greatest experence i ever had with my xbox(not really becasue all the games kick ass) ....... but theirs so many good game i still gotta try over lan. one word sums up
halo lan AMAZING.:D

squier420
04-30-2003, 09:15 PM
Halo is a great game.
On the weekends I host xbox link gatherings. This is a fun thing. You can have up to 16 players in your multiplayer games. This is especially fun with team games, such as Capture the Flag and King of the Hill.
We have a customized game types that we play. I'd reccomend using the "Edit game types" function in the Multiplayer Menu in Halo. It lets you choose and change all the neat options for nav points or motion tracker, shields, game types, number of kills or captures or time to win (oddball, king o hill)

What you need to have a fun link party:

Xboxes (you can have up to 4 boxes linked at once)
Controllers (you need one controller for each guest)
Televisions (you need a television for each xbox)
CAT5 ethernet cable, with RJ45 connectors (one cord for each box)
Hub (you connect the ethernet cable from each box into the hub)
(note: You can buy the special link cable at the store to directly hook up two xboxes. I believe they make a hub too, but any hub should work)
People (like i said, you can have up to 16 people playing halo at a time)

invite all your friends, especially the ones who are willing to load up all their electronics (xboxes, tvs, etc...) and tell them that you're having a halo party. If they're as dedicated to this project as I am, they'll jump at the opportunity.

Good luck. oh yeah, order some pizza or make some snack food to keep your teammates in good spirits.

If you're really hardcore about it, you can assign rank to each of your players. Each team (halo only have two teams Red and Blue) should have a team leader. The leader will tell other teammates what their specific job is, defend the flag, capture the enemy's flag, snipe, or go find the warthog ya grunt!

Recently there was a Sci/fi fantasy convention in my town. We also promised to have network gaming (starcraft, counterstrike) and network console gaming. The Xbox (i love my xbox) is the only console system that makes it easy for you to network the systems. It's possible to do it with playstation, but who would want to do that? not me. So I brought my Xbox and my controllers for them (the s-type controllers are the way to go), and i brought my 16 port hub. We had a great time. It was a huge success. The convention lasted from 9am to 9pm and there were people lined up to take a crack at playing Halo on our little gaming LAN durring the whole time.

I'm new to this forum, so go easy on me.

If anybody out there likes to link their xboxes, Post a reply! Tell me about your experiences. In the future I'm going to post some of my favorite custom game types and levels that they work well with. I've got a great capture the flag set up that I know you'll all love. Ohhh the anticipation...

Expect the custom game type posts to flood in by this weekend (may 2 or 3)

i supposed xbox live is cool. i wish i could afford it. donations accepted.
peace out

Please post!
ChrisP aka squierPlease POSTt!! Please post! Please post! [B][I][U]

Reclaimer
05-09-2003, 02:48 AM
You better believe when I get my this computer built and I get my earthlink cable happening, I'll be on XBC. No doubt it.
And Live. I've been dying to get out there on Ghost Recon.