PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Lives posted an article on Halo 2

Knight
04-06-2003, 07:38 PM
http://www.unlimitedlives.com/special_reports/ul_spec_halo2-1.html

Knight
04-06-2003, 08:06 PM
And now you know why the wait will be so long.

LongBow
04-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Ohh, that sounds really, really fancy. And is that thing hinting towards a helicopter, or am I just stupid here.

Knight
04-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by LongBow
Ohh, that sounds really, really fancy. And is that thing hinting towards a helicopter, or am I just stupid here.

Or some thing that flys.

No Fear 23
04-06-2003, 09:21 PM
umm, now i understand why its gonna take long

VeNoMiZA
04-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by irule23
umm, now i understand why its gonna take long
riiiight i know too *plays along with irule*

Reclaimer
04-06-2003, 11:20 PM
That was a very good article. Thank you.

WynnFire
04-07-2003, 02:29 AM
The article pretty much bashes the game, does it really matter that it had graphical glitches? Most people didn't even notice them, they were having too much fun. The Game Kicks Ass!!! I just hope the second one is as much fun if not funner than the first.

Reclaimer
04-07-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire
The article pretty much bashes the game, does it really matter that it had graphical glitches? Most people didn't even notice them, they were having too much fun. The Game Kicks Ass!!! I just hope the second one is as much fun if not funner than the first.

Well, the game is such a phenomenal hit, that regardless of what kind of "bad" things you can find, it's still an awesome game. It's kind of like seeing an outtakes reel on your favorite movie. In fact, I for one, and interested in all aspects of how Halo was made. Not just the good stuff too, I'm curious to see how such a huge came about. Including all the mistakes and glitches. It's facinating. It will never change my opinion about the game. Maybe shed some light on things, like how the Silent Cartographer level came about. Or make me appreciate more Cortana and how hard it is to program a transparent character over a transparent 3d object. Things like that. I wouldn't call it bashing. Just in depth information about the world most bad ass game.

Xbox Owner
04-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Nice Article. Good find, too.:)

SPARTAN VI
04-08-2003, 12:24 AM
Wow, and I thought the loading screen was the coolesting loading screen ever. They didn't like it, the worse 2000 lines of code ever...

They're aiming at complete perfection here. With their standards that, I'm surprised they didn't just say, "Halo was the worst game we ever made! :mad: "

Steve1987
04-08-2003, 05:09 AM
Yes but the point you seem to be missing is that if Halo was rushed and Bungie wasn't impressed by the final result, then imagine how Halo 2 will turn out! :eek:

They've been given extra time, and according to that article the whole team is 100% commited to it. I say let them have the extra time, and make something amazing! :p

Reclaimer
04-08-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
Wow, and I thought the loading screen was the coolesting loading screen ever. They didn't like it, the worse 2000 lines of code ever...

They're aiming at complete perfection here. With their standards that, I'm surprised they didn't just say, "Halo was the worst game we ever made! :mad: "

I can't figure out what was wrong with the loading screen. To me, it seems cool. The lighting effect and the sound.... How could that be 2000 lines of bad code. Some of the other stuff I understand, but that one, baffles me. Oh well. I have a feeling that H2 is going to surpass everything we have ever known, and raise the bar to impossible levels for other games to follow.

kornavs19
04-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Well HALO had a flying vehicle(Banchee) but u didnt need 2 players...So this should b cool..I cant wait.

SPARTAN VI
04-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
I can't figure out what was wrong with the loading screen. To me, it seems cool. The lighting effect and the sound.... How could that be 2000 lines of bad code. Some of the other stuff I understand, but that one, baffles me. Oh well. I have a feeling that H2 is going to surpass everything we have ever known, and raise the bar to impossible levels for other games to follow.

Yeah seriously, I love that load screen. :D

Well, if they're getting that picky about their rushed materpiece, then Halo2 will be outta this world. Good thing we have other things to occupy us until that final release. Fable, KOTOR, SW Galaxies, 'n more, I'm satisfied. :]

Dyslexic Chaos
04-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer

Well, chances are, it was very hard to change it for other countries. ie: it was written poorly. It was a load screen, so chances are it shouldn't have taken 2000 lines. They probably didn't think about it enough (because of time restraints) and write it so that editing was simple and easy like it should have been. I program a little in Visual Basic, taking a class on it. I tell ya, there's almost nothing I hate more than fixing/editing poorly written code.

BattleAxe2006
04-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23
Well HALO had a flying vehicle(Banchee) but u didnt need 2 players...So this should b cool..I cant wait.

Here's that 2 person flying thing... http://www.bungie.net/images/site/halo/concept/halo2/sketch_077.jpg it's off of the official site, so i'm pretty sure it's what it was talking about.

l Maximus l
04-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Very cool article :)