PDA

View Full Version : Tork is No longer a 1st party game

Knight
04-06-2003, 08:31 PM
April 03, 2003 - Tork was supposed to be one of Microsoft's big games of 2003. Not anymore. The Tiwak developed platformer, where you control a minute caveman with the abilitiy to transform into various creatures, has been officially cancelled by Microsoft. At one point we were told to be prepared to be amazed by how much Tork has progressed. But if Tork's to become a reality, it won't be from Microsoft.
Microsoft's official statement read as such:

"Microsoft Game Studios has made the difficult decision to end development on Tork. We recognize that Tork is a great game and value our developer relationships, so we are doing everything we can to help Tiwak bring their ideas and development of Tork through another publisher. We currently have a huge portfolio of titles in development, including a number of exciting platformers and great new games from Rare, and made the decision to focus our resources on other games."
Whether Tork will land with another publisher is unknown. However, the little platformer that couldn't now adds to the slowly growing dead pile of games seen at E3 2002 only to be cancelled before seeing the light of day (Tork joins The Unseen). Which games of E3 2003 will end up on the scrap heap? We'll have to wait and see.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/392/392237p1.html

Xbox Owner
04-06-2003, 08:38 PM
<--Heartbroken.

MixMasta
04-06-2003, 08:44 PM
damn, i was really looking forward to this game, well, at least psychonaughts(sp?) is still coming out.....we can only hope that it too doesnt get cancelled. lets hope they cancelled it for a good reason like it sucked or something.......or otherwise please let someone else pick it up!!

Knight
04-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Hey it's one more left over game for Xicat to buy the rights to.

Xicat is the Publisher that buys out games that the real Publishers don't want. :) :rolleyes:

I bet you that at E3 Xicat will be showing off both Tork & The Unseen.

Knight
04-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Xicat needs to rename it self to The Left overs Interactive.

VeNoMiZA
04-06-2003, 09:08 PM
oh well its multi-platform now watch people say it was ported from the ps2 to the xbox, gad the internet is full of morons. can someone tell me if a game is multi-platform how is it a port? LOL

No Fear 23
04-06-2003, 09:15 PM
at least we have BC
o well

VenoM
04-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
oh well its multi-platform now watch people say it was ported from the ps2 to the xbox, gad the internet is full of morons. can someone tell me if a game is multi-platform how is it a port? LOL

this just sucks :( was looking forward to this game...anyways...the reason a multiplatform game is called a port is cause developers usually work on a specific system from the ground up and then release it on other systems.....for example ...splintercell was made on xbox for xbox from scratch on the xbox console then they later tweaked it to make it run on the other systems (ps2,gamecube) so splintercell isnt a port for us xboxers cause it was designed to take full adavantage of the xbox console:D .....now look at blood omen 2 or lord of the rings two towers....yes those games are multiplatform but there considered ports cause they were designed from the ground up on the ps2 system(which wont take full advantage of the xbox hardware)..same goes for metal gear solid 2...know what i mean :D

shrew king
04-06-2003, 09:44 PM
This game didn't look too great from the beginning IMO. I am just hoping Psychonauts comes out soon.

Unreal
04-07-2003, 03:00 PM
I was looking forward to this game, but something tells me that a little first party company called Rare might have had something to do with it.

japes1
04-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Well everybody acted like they hated Blinx. They finally had to start giving that game away for $30 to get people to buy it. Same with Quauntum Redshift. Some people.

VeNoMiZA
04-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by japes1
Well everybody acted like they hated Blinx. They finally had to start giving that game away for $30 to get people to buy it. Same with Quauntum Redshift. Some people. umm thats because the majority of it didnt sell? whats you point? i think it wouldnt make a difference if it was mulitplatfom it still wouldve sucked.:rolleyes:

Shadow20002
04-07-2003, 06:25 PM
No not again. Cancelled another game ? Now The Unseen and Tork is out of match. :rolleyes:

wweomaniac
04-07-2003, 08:10 PM
MS probably did it b/c they already have too many 1st party games, and most of them are in low demand anyway. inlcuding tork.

ITS ALL ABOUT PSYCHONAUTS!! Why would MS need Tork when it has another EVEN BETTER platformer called psychonauts?