PDA

View Full Version : First Generation XBOX Buggy?

Tk421
12-02-2001, 11:07 PM
I'm buying a console after Christmas. I've rented both the XBOX and the PS2 to help decide. I like the XBOX better but I heard that there were a lot of problems with the XBOX being buggy and freezing up on people. Now I know that any system will occasionally have a bad one in the lot but I'd like to hear how any of you have faired with your XBOX's. (BTW when I rented one, I played it non stop all weekend and it worked fine.):)

Myth-One
12-02-2001, 11:10 PM
ive palyed for two weeks only stopping for work bathroom dinner school sleep and the occassional movie. Not one problem or freeze up.

BigAl
12-02-2001, 11:20 PM
Yep, I've heard the rumors too. I also remember reading last month about how all of the demo machines were freezing up.

All I can tell you is that I have had my Xbox since the 16th, and it has seen a fair amount of use... especially over Thanksgiving and the past few weekends. I have yet to experience even one problem or lockup. It has performed flawlessly.

:D

smack119
12-03-2001, 01:30 AM
ive had mine since launch and had 1 small problem....once while playing munch the game froze while loading.....i was not playing my brother was, but he told me it happened.....whether he is a moron or not is hard to tell though. but i wouldnt consider the game freezing once a bug. once out of like the 500 times its loaded stuff.

FpS_PhReeK
12-03-2001, 02:00 AM
Had mines for about a week.... I have loaded around 30 of my favorite CD's on it and played Halo pretty hard.... NOT A FLINCH from the darn thing.

I too was very concerned before my purchase I decided to wait a couple weeks after launch.... but I have not seen any problems with it.

There are three things that I was very disapointed with in concern with my Xbox.

No. 1 - Short Warranty... a month? Geez, can't we atleast have a year? Espeacially when investing 3 c-notes into a new system with no track record.

No. 2 - No out of the box DVD playback ability...that was just cheap and greedy folks. At least let us use the controllers to make it play and stop. Make the remote an accesooy for controlling additional features with convienience.

No 3. - No demo disk..... what the hell is wrong with these console makers. Back in the day I got my first Nintendo I got Mario and Duck Hunt with a flash gun and two contollers. My PS even game me a demo disk.... In this next generation of consoles there just are no freebies.

Consoles are like women, the more expensive they are the better looking they are, and my Xbox is one sexy b!atch.

PhReek out!

SACK
12-03-2001, 05:26 AM
Don't forget the amount of money you are paying for an xbox is at a serious loss to the manuf. The hardware capabilities in that thing are a steal at $299. I wouldn't worry about it, you'll forget about it after you have it for a while :) and are actually jamming away having a good time with it. Don't forget you have a HD in there, broadband ready and it's better looking than the competition too LOL!!!

SACK
12-03-2001, 06:47 AM
I bet it is because of the HD! I got the extended year warranty from Electronics boutique when I bought mine ($15 I think.)

batman46st
12-03-2001, 09:08 AM
umm i think wat made all those freezes before at stores like toysrus, are idiots reseting the system a lot instead of quiting it from its main menu... anyways ive played my xbox about6 hours a day since the 15th n im pretty sure when im off at work my lil 13 year old brother plays it a hole lot.... n u know wat no freezes guys.... to avoid your system getting ****ed up just keep it clean cause itllmae the laser make games skip,system freeze im sure we all know that but just in case.........

Plewis
12-03-2001, 09:39 AM
No freezes or anything here! I'm really happy with my XBox!

l Maximus l
12-03-2001, 11:17 AM
I have loaded over 50 CD tracks, about 30 game saves, and I have played several hours at a time and not even a glitch that can be measured by the perameter of a butt hair :D It's solid!!

Hugh_Jass
12-03-2001, 12:34 PM
The warranty is 90 days, not a month.

xboxlover
12-03-2001, 12:36 PM
Am in the uk so they should clear up bugs in the xbox so big up to ya.

ShannonX
12-03-2001, 01:17 PM
its 3 months of warranty, and i got the 2 year PRP from best buy so if the unit has a defect due to "Manufacturing" i will get it replaced for free.

I've also had about 5 - 8 days or so of 10+ hours of gameplay from either me or my roommate. And it hasn't frozen or crashed yet. Just keep it in a well ventilated area so it can get rid of the hot air and you shouldn't have any problems at all.

GokuX
12-03-2001, 01:59 PM
One freeze so far in DOA3 for me. The GC also has lotsa freezing problems too so it isn't just an X-Box thing.

MaxPain
12-03-2001, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK
Had mines for about a week.... I have loaded around 30 of my favorite CD's on it and played Halo pretty hard.... NOT A FLINCH from the darn thing.

I too was very concerned before my purchase I decided to wait a couple weeks after launch.... but I have not seen any problems with it.

There are three things that I was very disapointed with in concern with my Xbox.

No. 1 - Short Warranty... a month? Geez, can't we atleast have a year? Espeacially when investing 3 c-notes into a new system with no track record.

No. 2 - No out of the box DVD playback ability...that was just cheap and greedy folks. At least let us use the controllers to make it play and stop. Make the remote an accesooy for controlling additional features with convienience.

No 3. - No demo disk..... what the hell is wrong with these console makers. Back in the day I got my first Nintendo I got Mario and Duck Hunt with a flash gun and two contollers. My PS even game me a demo disk.... In this next generation of consoles there just are no freebies.

Consoles are like women, the more expensive they are the better looking they are, and my Xbox is one sexy b!atch.

PhReek out!

1.) The warranty is 3 months not 1, but I think we allready cleared that up

2.)I agree, their just out for our money :D

3.)I don't know about all the games, but the 3 games I've got have demos on them :D :D

skoot182
12-03-2001, 05:35 PM
nuthin wrong here

FpS_PhReeK
12-03-2001, 08:10 PM
Ok I admit I was wrong about the warranty, but geez three months is short. I think Walmart will take it back though if it has a manufacturing problem.

MaxPain you misunderstood point three. When I say there was no demo disk, I meant that there was no demo disk included with the system. It would have been nice if they had spent the 20 cents to put the demo disk that is playing on the store kiosks inside the box that held the Xbox so the consumer could have a extended period to judge the titles.

Anyhoooo it is a moot point....

PhReeK out!