PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh. no kudos for me.

wotctech
12-02-2001, 11:09 PM
Most the time when racing in Kudos Challenge mode it doesn't seem to add my kudos earned to my total amount of kudos for my player. I have even won a silver metal in a race that I had previously earned only a bronze metal in, but my player's kudos stayed the same. I am having a real hard time getting above 13K kudos and I haven't earned any new cars in loooong time. I have a bunch of shiney new helmets from playing so long :rolleyes:

Is there something I'm missing? Is this happening to anyone else?

TRT
12-03-2001, 07:17 AM
Wo,
Haven't paid that much attention, but it's been awhile since I've won a new car wither....maybe that's why. I'll pay more attention and will let you know.
I have noticed on some of the races I have finished in the top 3 and it has not awarded me the medal.
TRT

l Maximus l
12-03-2001, 01:49 PM
Dude, I see that PGR is becoming tough for others, too! lol...PGR really is challenging...I have over 25,000 Kudos. I have the Nissan Skyline, though, I unlocked the Porche Esparante...it's really fast, but, if anyone nudges you in the back of either corner while you're driving it, then welcome to a 180!

My buddy has PGR, too...it's the only game he has at this point...and he has been playing it like a mad man. He already is up to the Corvette and he tells me that the game just gets better and better! I'm reallly eager to get there...but, I am having a tough time getting there. Perhaps I should spend less time playing Halo, Amped, and NFL Fever so I can get my groove on with PGR ...lol

wotctech
12-03-2001, 05:02 PM
Another thing that I noticed is that sometimes, when it *does* add kudos to my player, it does not add all of them. For example, one time a won a gold metal, with over 1000 kudos, but it only gave me a little over 200.

darianX
12-04-2001, 01:07 PM
That's really odd....I have around 32,000 kudos and it always gives me what it is supposed to. The only problem I have is passing 8 friggin' cars in 2:30 in the Pro season...AAARRRGGG!!!

leecow
12-04-2001, 01:40 PM
Yep, the challenges just keep coming! I'm at about 60k kudos and my current car of choice it the 'vette. Once you learn to be gentle with the throttle the Chevy really romps. Just wish it had a little better exhaust note :)

In answer to a couple of posts: Kudos - when you go back to re-run a race only the difference in kudos earned will be added to your total. ie if you earned 100 on the first attempt then 200 on the second, 100 will be added to the total.

Pro Overtake challenge:
First - go get the 'vette (use the Skyline, give yourself a 16 sec head start and drive like Beelzebub is after your @$$ cuz the 'vette WILL run you down by the end).

Second - learn how to drive the 'vette. Not an easy thing but once you do you can not only clear the Pro level without too much trouble but you can start going back to earlier levels to finish off gold medals (if you're interested in that sort of thing).

A Key to Driving High Output Rear Wheel Drive Cars
As mentioned above, you've got to drive these things like there's an egg under the gas pedal. Never mind getting hit and being turned around, worry about getting into the throttle eeeeaaasssyyyy. If you don't, you'll be banking frustration points rather than kudos.

wotctech
12-04-2001, 08:27 PM
Ahh, thanks for the clarification leecow.
:)