PDA

View Full Version : I must be an Xbox fan boy to beileve this but I really do. The Xbox has better JRPGs.

Bigwig
04-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Japanese RPGs. I dont like them much and I think Crimson Sea is trash but after watching the True Fantasy and Sudeki trailers I'll take those two games with PSO and Shenmue over that sad .hak, Xenosaga, Star Ocean Final Fantasy lot on the PS 2. Lol and thats just Japanese RPgs. Dark Cloud 2 is cool though.

japes1
04-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Sudeki does look like a sweet game and it's not a port from the dreamcast, can you believe that?

Bigwig
04-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Yeah to me Sudeki looked like a wanna be anime game, and I dont like anime but the concept of a realtime action combat and out of this world graphics makes this title look pretty interesting.

japes1
04-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Well hopefully it will come out this year.

Dre
04-08-2003, 01:08 AM
Ya you were right, you would have to be a fanboy to say that :)

Xbox doesn't have a single decent jrpg out at the moment, so how you can claim its got better ones, is beyond me! In fact, I think there's only 2 jrpgs out and they both suck (metal dungeon and blackstone)

Sudeki is not a JRPG btw, its being developed by Climax UK (in the united kingdom) and has more CRPG than JRPG components to it. I do agree that its going to be an amazing game once it comes out though!!

MerimacHamwich
04-08-2003, 03:17 AM
Crimson Sea = Worst game ever.

Viper87227
04-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Dre
Ya you were right, you would have to be a fanboy to say that :)

Xbox doesn't have a single decent jrpg out at the moment, so how you can claim its got better ones, is beyond me! In fact, I think there's only 2 jrpgs out and they both suck (metal dungeon and blackstone)

Sudeki is not a JRPG btw, its being developed by Climax UK (in the united kingdom) and has more CRPG than JRPG components to it. I do agree that its going to be an amazing game once it comes out though!!

Shenmue 2 is an RPG and a fantastic one at that. Its a bit slower paced and its not a *** turn based RPG even tho its japanese.

JJaX
04-08-2003, 07:21 AM
The trailer i saw for Sudeki led me to believe it was a JRPG, but than they snuck in some gameplay and it looked like gauntlet. I think sudeki will be weak and never live up to FF or Dragon warrior.

On the other hand, that XBL MMORP True fantasy or whatever. The cell shaded online RPG looks like it will be amazing. But that probably wont be out until 2005 :rolleyes:

Why couldnt square just make a game for us :(

Snapple
04-08-2003, 07:39 AM
im sort of a big fan of RPG's but so fare i dont think xbox has the best RPG's but they do have really really good ones:D

btw: i think the best RPG will come out for the xbox and thats fable!!!

LongBow
04-08-2003, 09:27 AM
Fable and Morrowind are awesome examples of Western RPGs. I don’t like JPRGs, If I wanted to sit and watch a story Id go see a movie. Lets leave the Japanese game to the Japanese Thankyou.

Variation-XBA
04-08-2003, 12:56 PM
Hopes Shadow Fox doesnt see this thread

Shadow20002
04-08-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Variation
Hopes Shadow Fox doesnt see this thread

Why ? Do he like JRPGs games ? I don't know but some JRPGs will keep me play it in the time. ;)

Corona
04-08-2003, 07:58 PM
If i were Japanese (though i do understand their culture), i would't want western culture, especialy america, to dominate a corner of the market in wich they have dominated for so many years... Though rightfuly so the japanese have ridded the competition throughout the years consistantly so i would not be shocked if that is the case.

That japanese economicly are similar to us, but the biggest difference is that they are more efficient bussines advocates than our selves, and the proof is in the pudding! Just look at the international Exchange rate for our Dollar to the Yen!!!

ps. I hope Konami makes more quality games in the future for the Xbox (so i say screw them)

shrew king
04-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Crimson Sea = Worst game ever.

If that is what the Japanese call an RPG than I think I will pass on any that come in the future. What a horrible game.

Shadow20002
04-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Crimson Sea, i think it's like GunValkyrie with some elements of RPG. More like shooter-action game than RPG.

VeNoMiZA
04-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Crimson Sea, i think it's like GunValkyrie with some elements of RPG. More like shooter-action game than RPG. but gunvalkeryie rocked... crimson sea is like a beatdown toyota with squared tires. my brother bought for me on saturday and man its ok.... :(:(:(

MerimacHamwich
04-09-2003, 01:18 AM
Gunvalkyire = 2nd worst game ever

JimmieDoogan
04-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Acutally, Sudeki is being made by Europeans... like most of the RPG's we get on Xbox... or are getting ;)

MerimacHamwich
04-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
Acutally, Sudeki is being made by Europeans... like most of the RPG's we get on Xbox... or are getting ;)
Thank god for that.