PDA

View Full Version : Dance Dance Revolution

ALC
04-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Has anyone heard anything about wether or not us xbox'ers can look foreward to a DDR game being released on the xbox?

I sure hope so, and I'd say it's entirely possible.

xboxmaster2002
04-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ALC
Has anyone heard anything about wether or not us xbox'ers can look foreward to a DDR game being released on the xbox?

there are rumors saying it will but nothing official as far as i know, that would be soo much better than the PS2 version because they could use custom soundtracks or have downloadable content. i hope the decide to bring it to the xbox i just got done playing it on ps2 for like 3 hours its one of the funnest games ever.

Xbox Owner
04-07-2003, 09:53 PM
ummmm...:confused:

CrazyCougar
04-07-2003, 10:38 PM
You gotta be kidding me....LOL! Ok, then.

Casper
04-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by ALC

Dude, you're joking...right? :confused:

shrew king
04-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Can't say I have ever had the urge to dance on a pad.. could be a weird situation if your parents came in while you were dancing away... too weird. :confused:

Snapple
04-07-2003, 11:05 PM
uhhh....dude they have their own website:) and i doubt it will come out for xbox or ANY system

btw: uhh DDR sucks anyway after you beat it like 1000 times;)

CrazyCougar
04-07-2003, 11:06 PM
I can't believe folks actually come to a public forum and talk about this...LOL! I'm rollin!!!!

ALC
04-08-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Xenocide
uhhh....dude they have their own website:) and i doubt it will come out for xbox or ANY system

btw: uhh DDR sucks anyway after you beat it like 1000 times;)

playstation, dreamcast.

You've hurt my feelings now :p I happen to think the game's fun.
lol It certainly doesn't seem to be popular around these boards.:p

GokuX
04-08-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by ALC
playstation, dreamcast.

I saw a crowd of people in the arcade at every DDR machine the last time I went several months ago and yes some of the people looked like bafoons while some looked like they were actually dancing. I don't see why it's viewed so negatively though, if someone is enjoying the game and actually has the guts to get up and look ridiculous then that's all that matters isn't it? I haven't tried it myself because I don't like getting all sweaty at the arcades. I'd probably try the home version if I actually had a PS2.

Hugh_Jass
04-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
there are rumors saying it will but nothing official as far as i know, that would be soo much better than the PS2 version because they could use custom soundtracks

I didn't think about that...very cool. Not only would that allow you to customize the game to your own preference, but it also makes it infinitely expandable. The game never has to end!

I think it would be tricky to analyze the song, determine the beat, and come up with move programatically. It would be cool if they could pull it off.

Variation-XBA
04-08-2003, 12:54 PM
In old versions its actually quite easy to get the beat to the song and make edit steps, you just pick 1/4, 1/8, 1/12, 1/16 steps etc etc....quite easy if you've played for awhile.

As to being on Xbox, dunno, would be nice but I wont hold my breath

LTM360
04-08-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by ALC
playstation, dreamcast.

It is fun, you people might find it weird some people like it, just as I find it odd people like Grand Theft Auto. We all have our own taste. I hope this would come out for Xbox. Its a great addictive game. I play a smaller version at www.flashflashrevolution.com

Nameless
04-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
Can't say I have ever had the urge to dance on a pad.. could be a weird situation if your parents came in while you were dancing away... too weird. :confused:

But talking to invisible people in a room in much better ;)?

Anyway, ugh, DDR is too hard. I guess I have no rythm or whatever.

Snapple
04-08-2003, 05:01 PM
well i dont exactly hate the game...its just that after you played it a lot and beat it a lot it gets old and boreing

xboxmaster2002
04-09-2003, 11:57 PM
looks like DDR will come to xbox

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/392/392998p1.html

April 09, 2003 - In what comes as a something of a surprise, information about a handful of still-unannounced Konami games has popped up on the usually reliable Ebworld.com.

According to the website, Dance Dance Revolution Xbox is tentatively scheduled for a late October release, complete with Xbox-exclusive modes, all-new songs and the ability to download tracks, characters and dance steps off Xbox Live. Sweet.

ALC
04-10-2003, 12:26 AM
nice :) Thanks for the linkage dude :) :cool:

xboxmaster2002
04-11-2003, 06:26 AM
its offical there is an xbox version of DDR in the works and it was announced that it will have live support head to head dance offs thats great.

http://www.spong.com/detail/news.asp?mode=full&prid=4749&type=n

Snapple
04-11-2003, 07:29 AM
it's actually comeing out!!!!

That's weird...not really but it is supriseing:D

canadianboi3
04-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Are you serious? You seriously want this game? Whatever floats your boat.

Ronin2004
04-11-2003, 12:29 PM
I love the DDR series. I play them in the arcade but i feel stupid cause these little kid can always beat me. I would buy this game in a second.

Shadow20002
04-11-2003, 04:06 PM
I am waiting for it. I think Konami is no more only on PS2 with the DDR.

Variation-XBA
04-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Ive already bought a hard and 2 soft pads, doubt I'll get another, unless I can find an adapter for em... :)