PDA

View Full Version : Sega GT online is coming.

GokuX
04-08-2003, 05:07 AM
Good news if you're a racing fan who happened to like Sega GT. I know there were some reports that it might be online but now it looks as though it will according to Gamespot. This may be old news for some, but others like myself may have not been aware of this.

From Gamespot-

"An online version of Sega's Xbox racing game is currently in development.

Sega of America has announced that Sega GT Online is in development for the Xbox. Naturally, the game will feature support for Xbox Live, enabling up to six players to race against each other at once online. Players will be able to customize and tune every aspect of their car before taking it online to compete against other drivers around the country. The game features 160 cars from three different eras, as well as prototypes from well-known automobile manufacturers--all of which can be traded or bet on before the start of a race.

"Sega GT Online takes racing for pink slips to a whole new level," said Mike Fischer, vice president of marketing, Sega of America. "If you think you've got what it takes to be the best, you can put your hard-earned car on the line and square off with thousands of gamers online via Xbox Live. Hey, if you lose big you can always talk trash--or grovel and beg for your car back."

Sega GT Online is scheduled for release this fall"

Cryogenic Pyro
04-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Sound awesome! I'm a HUGE Sim/Racer fan, and being able to get a huge ass mofo car and then racing it online would rule. Not a lot of online racing games out there, especially on console systems.

Variation-XBA
04-08-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
"If you think you've got what it takes to be the best, you can put your hard-earned car on the line and square off with thousands of gamers online via Xbox Live. Hey, if you lose big you can always talk trash--or grovel and beg for your car back."

I loved that In Gran Turismo....cant wait to beat someone and hear them crying they took your car ;)

SiGuy
04-08-2003, 03:14 PM
this sounds awesome......God I wish I had XBL

Dyslexic Chaos
04-08-2003, 06:15 PM
I can't wait. I'll soon have Moto GP 2 for the Bike Races, Midnight Club 2 for the Arcade/Sim catergory, Midtown Madness 3 for the Total arcade feel, and now Sega gt online rounding out the selection will it's sim..um...sim-nitude i guess. or Simninity or something. Neway, in short, I CANT WAIT!!!

Hitman101
04-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Ohh YEAH !!!! I can't wait to burn that rubber baby.