PDA

View Full Version : A game for my wife

Himji
04-08-2003, 06:34 AM
After watching me shoot things in halo and jook guys in sc, my wife wants to play some xbox.

Thign is FPS and all that creeping around isn't her cup of tea. So I'm waiting for a good online car racing game for that thrill but I'm looking for another game for her.

When I aksed her, she says she wants something like mario.

Now she's talking about the old style 2d mario. I know that I'm not going to find something like that but I suppose what she needs is a simple, pretty easy, cutesy 3d platformer.

I bougt my xbox because I didn't like those but I suppose I can buy her one of those......

So suggestions? What shall I buy, I was looking at blinx as a possibility.... but it sounded a little complicated, going back and forward in time et all.....

Snapple
04-08-2003, 07:41 AM
fusion frenzy....its a crap game but its for all ages

JJaX
04-08-2003, 07:42 AM
Im sure the both of you would enjoy co-op in halo.

And she could play halo on her own on easy or something. (assuming shes not that good)

From by observations in life, an average non gaming woman tends to like racing games. You got a gas and brake. (Project gotham, ralisport are 2 great racing games)

Plus you know how woman drive :o

the_wank3r
04-08-2003, 09:14 AM
maybe try kung fu chaos? hmm that games pretty easy, and its fun to play single or 2 player

LongBow
04-08-2003, 09:20 AM
DOA Xtreme Beach Vollyball;)

the_wank3r
04-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by LongBow
DOA Xtreme Beach Vollyball;)

he definetally has a point :)

Hugh_Jass
04-08-2003, 09:54 AM
My wife played "Outlaw Golf" and enjoyed it.

Brevity
04-08-2003, 10:14 AM
The Sims, its like Barbie dress up stuff in a way. ;)

Himji
04-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Forgot to say, I don't think she'll play much, soI'll limit myself to one purchase for her for now

xenocide - Looks good, I'll buy it for me and my mates :)

jjax - She didn't like to look of fps but we'll give it a shot sometime...
And like I said, I'm waiting for a good online car racing game for that purchase..

wank3r - I'm not really into figting games, computer ai is lame. Again, I'm waiting for a good online figter

Longbow - LOL

Hugh - GOlf, dunno, might let her try one out...

Brevity - I have the sims on pc (bought for her) and she didn't like it :(

No platforms peeps?

Hugh_Jass
04-08-2003, 12:06 PM
"Outlaw Golf" is not boring old Tiger Woods...it's fun!

"Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee" -- classic!
"Simpsons Road Rage" -- flawed, but fun for any Simpsons fan
"Namco Museum" -- old school 2D fun
"Rayman 3" -- supposed to be one of the best platformers of all time

Variation-XBA
04-08-2003, 12:50 PM
http://ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/225502.jpg

Hehe...just kiddin, my gf likes to play Doax and halo with me so... /shrug

No Fear 23
04-08-2003, 01:58 PM
i think oddworld is prolly a good game. but its in 3d and it'll prolly be difficult for her to adjust to.

another suggestion is blinx: the time sweeper

l Maximus l
04-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Are you crazy!?!?!? :eek:

You know, once you get your wife addicted to the XBox, that means less time for you! I know this!! I'm married to an addict!!! :eek:

EHWfedPres
04-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Fuzion Frenzy is not a crap game, Trailblazer and the one where you run around the spiral thingey and jump over the blue things and duck the red ones...those are 2 great mini-games.

No Fear 23
04-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Are you crazy!?!?!? :eek:

You know, once you get your wife addicted to the XBox, that means less time for you! I know this!! I'm married to an addict!!! :eek:

tell ur wife to get her own box! ;)

carlbme
04-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Fusion Frenzy
Halo (my wife doesn't care for FPS too much, but loves co-op)
Blinx
Rayman 3
Oddworld

These are all good choices.

Himji
04-09-2003, 02:20 AM
Thanx for your replies.

I think I'll hire rayman3, blinx and munch's and see which one she likes :)

Reclaimer
04-09-2003, 03:24 AM
My wife hated videogames. But then she picked Halo, and now she can give us a run for our money, when we play with our friends. She said she didn't want to be left out. She like Project Gotham Racing, and she seemed to take well to Serious Sam. She's a real trooper, because all my friends are military guys, like me. We religiously play Conflict: Desert Storm. Probably more than we play Halo. Well, a lot more than we play Halo. If I am short a friend that night, sometimes one of us is on duty, my wife will play. She's usually "Jones", our medic and combat demolitionist. She's pretty versatile, I'll admit. She's sniping my butt off in Halo, driving on my back bumper in PGR, and then applying first aid to my injuries in Conflict: Desert Storm or blowing up a Scud launcher with C4.

Then, she'll blow me.

JJaX
04-09-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Fuzion Frenzy is not a crap game, Trailblazer and the one where you run around the spiral thingey and jump over the blue things and duck the red ones...those are 2 great mini-games.

You simple minded fool. You get dumber everyday....

Hugh_Jass
04-09-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
My wife hated videogames. But then she picked Halo, and now she can give us a run for our money, when we play with our friends. She said she didn't want to be left out. She like Project Gotham Racing, and she seemed to take well to Serious Sam. She's a real trooper, because all my friends are military guys, like me. We religiously play Conflict: Desert Storm. Probably more than we play Halo. Well, a lot more than we play Halo. If I am short a friend that night, sometimes one of us is on duty, my wife will play. She's usually "Jones", our medic and combat demolitionist. She's pretty versatile, I'll admit. She's sniping my butt off in Halo, driving on my back bumper in PGR, and then applying first aid to my injuries in Conflict: Desert Storm or blowing up a Scud launcher with C4.

Then, she'll blow me.

Does she have any sisters? :)

violatd
04-09-2003, 11:00 AM
My wife seems to enjoy Mad Dash. It's pretty simple considering it's just some little guys racing on foot. A few simple obsticles. But whatever you do, if you play her...just lose!

ALC
04-09-2003, 11:29 PM
crash bandicoot: the wrath of cortex
worth a play if you can buy it cheap :)

shrew king
04-09-2003, 11:37 PM
Oddworld and Crash Bandicoot would be your best bet.

MerimacHamwich
04-10-2003, 05:05 AM
Xbox Platform Games:
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Sneakers (not too sure if this is a platform game or not)
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Dr. Muto
Shrek
Vexx
Frogger: Beyond
ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth
Tork (coming out)
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger

I do believe there are more.

Snapple
04-10-2003, 07:37 AM
if she wants a platform game then crash is most likely your best bet

Highlite23
04-10-2003, 10:04 PM
I would try Vexx, all the platform goodies are in it, adventure, puzzles, hidden treasures, and saving the world.

OH, and a charecter with a little more attitude than Mario.;)