PDA

View Full Version : Xbox was a lot of lie's, I am sick of it.

Dave
04-09-2003, 01:44 AM
I cannot say I am bummed about buying Xbox, but Microsoft lied through their teeth about the system, and I am not very happy about it myself.

I bought it #1 for RAW that had a ton of features that never happened, so I was like okay that was lie #1. The game speaks for itself, I don't need to say anymore.

Then another lie I fell for was we will expect the power to be used, and for ports to use Xbox's superior power. That was bull, most are the same or barely better for Xbox, and Microsoft never made any company do jack to use the extra power.

Another thing that made me want Xbox bad was the CD burning feature. The feature I spent more time ripping CD's into than actually using it. They might as well have left it out as far as I am concerned, and it was something I looked forward too when bought the lie.

Then we have the last lie. Xbox is built to be a system of the future. It might be 10 years until we learn to use the technology in Xbox, so it has a very long life span bs they told everyone. Well the future got really short, because I read Xbox 2 is going to arrive in possibly 2005.

All this bullcrap has made me not want to invest 1 more red cent in my Xbox. Why in the hell did I buy it in the first place? AWSOME WRESTLING GAME!!!!! Never happened. EXTRA POWER!!!!!! Never used. CD RIPPING!!!!!! Rarely used, and in games I hate. SYSTEM OF THE FUTURE!!!!!! Allready in works to be replaced.

You cant expect to compete with a company like Sony on lies, and it's odvious Microsoft was bullied in the video game industry by Sony. The companies were more afraid of ****ing off Sony than pleasing Microsoft.

So all you Xbox fans, don't expect what you originally bought until PS3 comes out. When Sony puts out their new system and demands companies use the hardrive, cd ripper and all that junk, they will. Thats the company they listen too, because that's the company that makes them money.

I lived and learned myself. No way in hell would I buy an Xbox2. As soon as Sony puts out PS3, and starts calling the shots again, what will be the point of an Xbox system with equal power system wise, but no balls marketing wise? Good news is for Xbox fans is they got a deep wallet, and they will need it. PS3 is gonna be everything Xbox was supposed to be, because Sony will force companies to make it just that.

Buccaneer21
04-09-2003, 01:52 AM
To let a video game system bother and anger you so much is really sad.:cool:

Reclaimer
04-09-2003, 01:53 AM
Hi Dave, it seems like you have some serious issues here with your Xbox. If you dislike it so much, you can always go and trade it in for a Gamecube. No one here is forcing you to keep it. You don't have to, it's ok big guy, not everyone has to like the Xbox. It's a free world.
But I would like to point out a few things. First off, you screwed up when you placed all your faith in Raw. I know, I was miffed to when that game came out, I was about a 10 on the hype-o-meter for it. But maybe you should have checked it out before hand, like renting it. Maybe you should have not placed so much faith in that one game. Maybe you're that much of a wrestling fan, but that was not such a logical move. What about Halo? Splinter Cell? There are plenty of games out there that deserve some attention, even if you are such a wrestling fan. BTW, there will be a Raw2, and things are looking pretty good for it.
So not every game supports the soundtrack mode. I was expecting more than what I have seen, but the xbox has very little time on the market. Pretty soon, game makers will know exactly what we want. Just be patient. Things will get better. But then again, if you don't want to wait.... Just get a new game console.
It's not that big of a deal.

Dre
04-09-2003, 02:13 AM
Wow Dave, I guess it sucks to be you

NINE BREAKER
04-09-2003, 03:14 AM
I don't know about you all, but I'm more than happy with my Box. And yeah, every game publisher doesn't use all the fetures that Xbox has to offer, so they are still some of the best games out, regardless. "Ps3 will be all that xbox was supposed to be" yeah but Xbox Next, or what ever, will be 10x PS3, what's your point? Xbox is in it's first gen. PS will be in it's 3rd. The first X is better than the 2nd PS, and so on. And the hard drive, every console that comes out will have one from now on, if not they are screwing themselves, that was another big seller for me.

It seems to me your too busy bi t ch'n about all the stuff you heard, didn't anyone ever tell you not to believe EVERYTHING you hear, and you're missing out on all the good things that the X has to offer. It may take a while but the publishers will come around, just chill.

ARONO129
04-09-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Dave
I cannot say I am bummed about buying Xbox, but Microsoft lied through their teeth about the system, and I am not very happy about it myself.

I bought it #1 for RAW that had a ton of features that never happened, so I was like okay that was lie #1. The game speaks for itself, I don't need to say anymore.

Then another lie I fell for was we will expect the power to be used, and for ports to use Xbox's superior power. That was bull, most are the same or barely better for Xbox, and Microsoft never made any company do jack to use the extra power.

Another thing that made me want Xbox bad was the CD burning feature. The feature I spent more time ripping CD's into than actually using it. They might as well have left it out as far as I am concerned, and it was something I looked forward too when bought the lie.

Then we have the last lie. Xbox is built to be a system of the future. It might be 10 years until we learn to use the technology in Xbox, so it has a very long life span bs they told everyone. Well the future got really short, because I read Xbox 2 is going to arrive in possibly 2005.

All this bullcrap has made me not want to invest 1 more red cent in my Xbox. Why in the hell did I buy it in the first place? AWSOME WRESTLING GAME!!!!! Never happened. EXTRA POWER!!!!!! Never used. CD RIPPING!!!!!! Rarely used, and in games I hate. SYSTEM OF THE FUTURE!!!!!! Allready in works to be replaced.

You cant expect to compete with a company like Sony on lies, and it's odvious Microsoft was bullied in the video game industry by Sony. The companies were more afraid of ****ing off Sony than pleasing Microsoft.

So all you Xbox fans, don't expect what you originally bought until PS3 comes out. When Sony puts out their new system and demands companies use the hardrive, cd ripper and all that junk, they will. Thats the company they listen too, because that's the company that makes them money.

I lived and learned myself. No way in hell would I buy an Xbox2. As soon as Sony puts out PS3, and starts calling the shots again, what will be the point of an Xbox system with equal power system wise, but no balls marketing wise? Good news is for Xbox fans is they got a deep wallet, and they will need it. PS3 is gonna be everything Xbox was supposed to be, because Sony will force companies to make it just that.

As for Raw I agree it's a terrible game but Microsoft Game Studios didn't make it. Microsoft can't "make" any company develop a game that uses the Xbox's full potential. Do they put a gun to a companies head? Just be glad you don't have a PS2 where the "power" is maxed out already.

As for CD ripping if your bored with it or to busy to use it then that's a shame but most people thaink it's a great feature.

Haven't you realized that with technology new products come out frequently. If they didn't then you would be complaining about your Atari.

Bottom line is it sounds like your mostly upset because Raw was a lousy video game. If I have a Panasonic VCR and a Memorex tape gets jammed in it. Why would I get upset with Panasonic? Same with your being mad at MS because of Raw.

And it's amazing how you know that the PS3 is going to be better than the next version of the Xbox. Please post a link where you found those specs.

VeNoMiZA
04-09-2003, 08:15 AM

I lived and learned myself. No way in hell would I buy an Xbox2. As soon as Sony puts out PS3, and starts calling the shots again, what will be the point of an Xbox system with equal power system wise, but no balls marketing wise? Good news is for Xbox fans is they got a deep wallet, and they will need it. PS3 is gonna be everything Xbox was supposed to be, because Sony will force companies to make it just that. WHOA HEY
http://ileet.net/images/instructions.jpg maybe this is your answer? LOL.

Hugh_Jass
04-09-2003, 08:21 AM
Would you REALLY want Microsoft to not upgrade the XBOX for 10 years? TEN YEARS!?!?!?

I'd like to see them release new hardware every two years. By 2005 this little 733MHz CPU is going to seem like an antique. It's already 75% slower than modern CPUs available today.

Furthermore, it's up to the developers to exploit the power and features of the XBOX. Microsoft did their part by delivering the capability. Microsoft changed the paradigm. It takes time for the industry to catch up.

Steve1987
04-09-2003, 10:23 AM
BAH forget about CPU specs, just get some more green lights on the next box. Perhaps have the buttons on the controller glow?? Have big glowing green X on the top, and no fan! :cool:

As for PS3 i've heard they are going to continue the blue light thing, so Microsoft better get ready!!! :p

Seriously, though i agree with 1 point in the original post, and thats games companies not having the balls to make something special for the big green box, and always sticking by Sony. Gates should start inviting them around to his home, and bribe the lot of em! :eek:

thunderkiss2k1
04-09-2003, 10:46 AM

First of all, could you do us all a BIG favor? Quit whining about how much you hate Raw? I think we've all heard enough from you about that. Secondly, Have you played Halo? At all? Or Morrowind? Those games take some advantage of the Xbox's power in my opinion. And option number 3: Grow up.

Duke
04-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Wow the next generation of consoles will be better than the current one? Damn, I never thought of that. I'm throwing my xbox out the window right now. sheesh.:rolleyes:

Casper
04-09-2003, 10:59 AM
I cannot say I am bummed about buying Xbox, but Microsoft lied through their teeth about the system, and I am not very happy about it myself.[quote]

Well, alot of us are, so I guess your just different.

[quote]I bought it #1 for RAW that had a ton of features that never happened, so I was like okay that was lie #1. The game speaks for itself, I don't need to say anymore.[quote]

MS doesn't make the games, the developers do. Before you buy a game, read up on it's features and check some screenshots, then you would have realized that the game was going to suck...but yeah, this is about 30 times you've said this...so whatever.

[quote]Then another lie I fell for was we will expect the power to be used, and for ports to use Xbox's superior power. That was bull, most are the same or barely better for Xbox, and Microsoft never made any company do jack to use the extra power.

The devolopers still have to do this. If Microsoft was going to force everyone to use the power, I can see alot of them not signing up for it. However, why not check out some of the Xclusive games that do (Halo, DOA3, DOAX Volleyball, MechAssault), or even those that aren't Xclusive (i.e. Splinter Cell)

Another simple problem that has a simple solution. Before assuming something, why not do research on it and realize that the mp3's have to burnt onto CD-RW's.

Being that they have to keep up and compete with Sony to keep the interest and sales up, this was a smart move. But where the hell did you hear "10 years until we learn to use the technology in Xbox" Stay off the crizak.

Now I get it...dude, you're on the wrong site, go to that SonyFanboy.com site and post this, cuz that's where it belongs :rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
04-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Microsoft does not choose what goes into the games, the developers do, idiot.:o

japes1
04-09-2003, 12:18 PM
HA ha ps3 is a pie in the sky dream. Who is going to go out and buy all these extra things, with the xbox it all comes built in.:o

LynxFX
04-09-2003, 12:29 PM
I may be wrong on this but I recall Sony claiming that the PS2 was going to have Toy Story level graphics? Still waiting on that. Maybe the PS3, but probably not.

Cryogenic Pyro
04-09-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
I may be wrong on this but I recall Sony claiming that the PS2 was going to have Toy Story level graphics? Still waiting on that. Maybe the PS3, but probably not.
Toy Story level graphics? That's a good one :D. I'm gonna laugh at that all day. Neither Xbox2(or whatever they name it, SeXBox, etc) or PS3 will have Toy Story level graphics unless some HUGE boom of technology comes out in a couple of months.

Kraft
04-09-2003, 01:20 PM
Good news is for Xbox fans is they got a deep wallet, and they will need it. PS3 is gonna be everything Xbox was supposed to be

hahaha, that one is funny. Well you pick up your ps3 which you proclaim will do everything the xbox is supposed to do... and I'll grab an xbox 2 which will do everything a ps4 can.

I'm sorry if you were a victim of hype and marketing, but it is your own fault for not researching something you were planning on buying. Before I got my xbox I knew every game that supported custom music tracks, exactly how much hd space I had, what file format it saved to and what not. Read into the actual system, not the hype, before you buy something.

EHWfedPres
04-09-2003, 01:43 PM
People need to stop saying this system will be better than that one...and just play the one you have now and be glad you have it for crying out loud...

Shadow20002
04-09-2003, 01:51 PM
I got a console just because i want to change a little bit for my gaming world and tired of PC.

No Fear 23
04-09-2003, 01:59 PM
xbox is more powerfull than any other consoles, thats the fact. and for the games, well, u just picked the wrong kind of games to play, and for me, all wrestling games sucks. what other games genre do u play? we'll help u pick the right games, or u can rent them. microsoft didnt lie to me, im very satisfied with what they did for xbox.

Zion
04-09-2003, 02:58 PM
Wow. Dave gets my vote for clueless dumb@$$ of the year.

Xbox Owner
04-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Dave = Idiot.

He said MS lies.

I don't get how RAW not having all the features they said to have being 100% MS's fault.

MerimacHamwich
04-09-2003, 03:32 PM

So tell me this. Why are you blaming the company who built the hardware and develops games for it the way you want? Microsoft has no say over what other game production companies do when they develop games. You should be pis-sed off at those companies *cough*EA*cough* not Microsoft. You seem to be a very misinformed individual with misguided anger. Would you be mad at a tree for a beaver cutting it down?

Master Gracey
04-09-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Would you be mad at a tree for a beaver cutting it down?

Only if it fell on my car and the beaver got away. :D

Snapple
04-09-2003, 04:56 PM

Heres what i gotta say to you

You shouldnt have thought raw was gonna be such a great game and all! and just cause raw sucks doesnt mean that the xbox sucks:rolleyes: MICROSOFT DIDNT MAKE RAW SO THATS NOT A REASON TO BASH THE XBOX! Anyways...about the cd burning and extra power well its the best so far. And if you only wanted xbox for those 3 reason...you need some serious help dude! So go on and buy the ps3...like it'll be any better:rolleyes:

greggp666
04-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Dave can i have your Xbox then? i will pay for shipping.

Snapple
04-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro
Toy Story level graphics? That's a good one :D. I'm gonna laugh at that all day. Neither Xbox2(or whatever they name it, SeXBox, etc) or PS3 will have Toy Story level graphics unless some HUGE boom of technology comes out in a couple of months.

i wouldnt be suprised if xbox2 had toy story graphics cause look at the big leap the graphics took for xbox! But yet...i dont think ps3 will come near:)

and greggp666 ,lol, i dont think he wants to give away his xbox:D

greggp666
04-09-2003, 06:08 PM
one can only hope:D

Snapple
04-09-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by greggp666
one can only hope:D

hehe, you prolly could have it but the only thing is that he prolly smashed it with a hammer all cause raw wasnt what he expected it to be...lol

greggp666
04-09-2003, 07:05 PM
you know i bet your right

Cyclone
04-09-2003, 09:38 PM
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
I'm not even going to waste my time with you. If you dont like the system, take it back. It's that simple.
btw, wrestleing sucks anyways. Serves you right for enjoying that crap ;p

Cyclone
04-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Xenocide
i wouldnt be suprised if xbox2 had toy story graphics cause look at the big leap the graphics took for xbox! But yet...i dont think ps3 will come near:)

and greggp666 ,lol, i dont think he wants to give away his xbox:D

Toy Story level geaphics? Has anybody even looked at that movie lately? It looks like ****. Besides, that movie had each and every single frame rendered. It probably took weeks to render the entire movie.
Xbox graphics are actually far more advanced than the graphics of the movie Toy Story. Hell, even the PS2. For 1, it's all rendered in real time. You're getting 60 frames a second where the movie was rendered frame by frame which probably took about 10 minutes for a single frame. You do the math.
2. The movie is pretty old now. Even the earliest Xbox games look better than the actual movie however since the movie is a prerendeder movie, when the animators where rendering each and every single frame, the computers went over and antialiased every single frame so it has no jacked edges, flickering or anything. This is something that the Xbox does in real time so it's not that accurate and takes a major hit in performance. If any of this makes sense, I'm not good at explaining stuff.
There are actually entire server farms with up to 500 computers linked together used to render 3d animated movies. The Xbox is nothing compaired to all of that power. The day we have games that look as good as something like the movie Final Fantasy might not be for another 10 years. Lets face it, no console can render graphics like that in real time. Not the PS3, PS4, or hell, even the PS10.

On a side note, I never heard anything such as "The PS2 was supposed to have Toy Story level graphics" anywhere.

VeNoMiZA
04-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
Toy Story level geaphics? Has anybody even looked at that movie lately? It looks like ****. Besides, that movie had each and every single frame rendered. It probably took weeks to render the entire movie.
Xbox graphics are actually far more advanced than the graphics of the movie Toy Story. Hell, even the PS2. For 1, it's all rendered in real time. You're getting 60 frames a second where the movie was rendered frame by frame which probably took about 10 minutes for a single frame. You do the math.
2. The movie is pretty old now. Even the earliest Xbox games look better than the actual movie however since the movie is a prerendeder movie, when the animators where rendering each and every single frame, the computers went over and antialiased every single frame so it has no jacked edges, flickering or anything. This is something that the Xbox does in real time so it's not that accurate and takes a major hit in performance. If any of this makes sense, I'm not good at explaining stuff.
There are actually entire server farms with up to 500 computers linked together used to render 3d animated movies. The Xbox is nothing compaired to all of that power. The day we have games that look as good as something like the movie Final Fantasy might not be for another 10 years. Lets face it, no console can render graphics like that in real time. Not the PS3, PS4, or hell, even the PS10.

On a side note, I never heard anything such as "The PS2 was supposed to have Toy Story level graphics" anywhere. ok.. what makes you think that if the movie final fantasy came out last yr, a ps10 wont be able to do its magic? cmon man technology follows up faster than you clean your ass crack. dont be surprised to see the xbox2 and ps3 have incredible graphics,
EDIT: never undersetimate technology, a decade ago i thought it would be impossible to play street fighter online... And What happen? It's online.

Cyclone
04-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
ok.. what makes you think that if the movie final fantasy came out last yr, a ps10 wont be able to do its magic? cmon man technology follows up faster than you clean your ass crack. dont be surprised to see the xbox2 and ps3 have incredible graphics,
EDIT: never undersetimate technology, a decade ago i thought it would be impossible to play street fighter online... And What happen? It's online.

What I'm saying is I don't think we'll have anything that will be able to render something like that movie in real time and have it look that good with the amount of detail it has in a long long time.
And I clean my ass pretty damn quick thank you very much :p

canadianboi3
04-09-2003, 09:59 PM
I think the CD rip feature is great. I'm glad they have it on the Xbox.

Cyclone
04-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
I think the CD rip feature is great. I'm glad they have it on the Xbox.

I agree. I've ripped a lot of my cds to the system. Also, unlike some other people *Cough* I understand that not every single game on the Xbox is going to make use of it. Some games it just wouldnt be appropriate for, although I would have liked to of had a radio in the Halo warthog. It would have been great running down grunts while listening to the Temtations. :D

Rochey69r
04-10-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA

sorry lynx i think you mean sony said that the ps3 was going to be 1000 times more powerful than the ps2.

lmao.

just bring it sony.

put yor money where your mouth is

MerimacHamwich
04-10-2003, 05:01 AM
I can almost garauntee the next Xbox will have toystory level graphics. When you fellow Xbox fans see Doom 3 you will crap your pants, put on a new pair and then proceed to **** them when you look at the game again.

ARONO129
04-10-2003, 11:08 AM

I can tell you another reason why your post looks so idiotic. Microsoft is the only console company on the market today that has lived up to the hype and delivered what they promised.

Why? Look at the competition.

PS2- We all know the graphics are cr@p but it's an old console now so it's not fair to get into that. Why didn't Sony add a HD to the console. Wasn't the technology there at the time? Why only two controller ports? Why not make the console broadband enabled right out of the box? PC's have had online gaming for a while now.

GC- No HD and the console can't even play DVD's or CD's like the Xbox can. Nintendo markets the console as a true gaming console or something lame like that. That's like me trying to sell a stripped down car and saying "Oh, It's got 4\60 air conditioning too!" Which really means roll down all 4 windows and drive 60 m.p.h and you'll cool off.

Xzone
04-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Some people see the glass half empty no matter what.
I shudder to think how expensive and pathetic the VG industry would be right now if it was just Sony beating the living crap outta Nintendo.

Cyclone
04-10-2003, 04:40 PM
I just read over Dave's post again. This is the funniest thing I've ever read here ;P Dave, please come back and amuse me some more

Viper87227
04-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
People need to stop saying this system will be better than that one...and just play the one you have now and be glad you have it for crying out loud...

this is one of the most intelligent things ever posted at XBA, its going into my sig :) (unless of couse you come after me with a stick for it)

Snapple
04-10-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
this is one of the most intelligent things ever posted at XBA, its going into my sig :) (unless of couse you come after me with a stick for it)

lol, then you havent been at xba very long!

ARONO129
04-11-2003, 02:35 AM
Dave I read thread #2 that you started where you again bashed the Xbox and ridiculed all of us here. I have a simple solution that even you can understand.

Sell or trade your Xbox for a PS2 and be sure to buy enough memory cards. Also if you have any friends be sure to pick up a controller hub as well. Don't forget to buy a broadband adapter too if you plan to go online. And start saving for that PS2 HD as well.

The Xbox is everything it was promised to be. It's the competition that's overhyped. A Microsoft rep even called me the other day as I called Xbox support recently to ask a question. The rep asked me several questions about how satisfied I was with the support I received. Not many companies hire people to do that.

So sell or trade your Xbox (if you really have one) and while most people here will be playing Fable, Halo2 or Brute Force you can just dream.

GokuX
04-11-2003, 03:58 AM
Dave, I might have actually listened to your opinion if it hadn't turned into a Playstation 3 advertisement.

Snapple
04-11-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by ARONO129
Dave I read thread #2 that you started where you again bashed the Xbox and ridiculed all of us here. I have a simple solution that even you can understand.

Sell or trade your Xbox for a PS2 and be sure to buy enough memory cards. Also if you have any friends be sure to pick up a controller hub as well. Don't forget to buy a broadband adapter too if you plan to go online. And start saving for that PS2 HD as well.

The Xbox is everything it was promised to be. It's the competition that's overhyped. A Microsoft rep even called me the other day as I called Xbox support recently to ask a question. The rep asked me several questions about how satisfied I was with the support I received. Not many companies hire people to do that.

So sell or trade your Xbox (if you really have one) and while most people here will be playing Fable, Halo2 or Brute Force you can just dream.

hehe, and im gonna be one of them people playing fable, brute force, and halo2

Evil_Dr_Beefy
04-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Whoa, Dave....your right about The custom soundtrack mode...it could be used more.......and we were promised more games build from the ground up showing the xboxes true power not loaded with ports....i think that microsoft is learning from it's mistakes. ..Dave don't lose hope just yet...this is the year we are going to see a major turn for our good old blackbox........a word of advise......never poke the maddog rabid xbox fanbase with a stick....unless you want a flamewar......:D

bob808
04-11-2003, 07:56 PM
I am a videogame freak and have had all 3 next gen consols. I say had because xbox is the only one i still have. Why you ask? Well for me, xbox is the best thing out. Sold is my ps2 and 20+games (the only thing i miss is gt3 and the logitech steering wheel and gta3... thats it) and I gave my game cube to my nephew cause i'm nice like that ( and I wasn't very impressed with the games they had at launch)

XBOX IS THE SIHT!

xbox genius
04-13-2003, 06:32 PM

i dont know about u guys or u dave, but i think Xbox is built for the future, i mean, i think it can compete against the ps3, but Xbox 2 is just gonna be stronger and better, you dont have to pick up xbox2.

look at Gamecube, the specs show that it is less powerful than xbox but it still competes against it...

Dream Theater
04-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Unfortunately, you make valid points. I had been shafted by alot of systems and broken promises (Dreamcast, Saturn) but that's the way of the business. I don't know why companies keep bringing out a new machine when developers can't handle the current ones. The technology is far ahead of the human talent by far. It's a money thing. I bought the Dreamcast for shenmue 1 and 2. Well, I had to get part 2 another way since they wouldn't bring it to the states. I know what you mean. But that's the way it is. I may also buy a PS3 when it comes out. The others can't compete with sony. I think Xbox will end up like the Dreamcast. A superior machine but dead none the less. The Dreamcast revolutionized gaming with a built in modem, vmu, etc. They had a one year head start and still failed. I love the dreamcast. I still think it blows away what's out today. They have so many in house developers and make incredible games. It's a shame it's gone

LynxFX
04-14-2003, 10:53 AM
There is one big difference between the Xbox and the Dreamcast and it is reason enough why the Xbox won't fail, at least not this generation. Money. Sega didn't have it, Microsoft does and they aren't afraid to spend it. They have budgeted for 5 years minimum and that includes knowing that all 5 of those years probably won't turn a profit. Don't give up on the Xbox that easy.

ARONO129
04-14-2003, 07:28 PM
The Xbox already is succeeding. #2 in the console race isn't bad. More and more people are buying Xbox every day. We are long past the Xbox=Dreamcast stage. The Xbox is here to stay.

I've owned every console from the Telstar to the Vectrex and by far the Xbox is the best. MS will do whatever it takes to make the Xbox not only compete with the PS3 but surpass it.

Master Gracey
04-14-2003, 07:31 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p35b9bbd4024567d1226b05a8eb7b806a/fc5f8146.jpg

Felon's Ghost
04-16-2003, 01:16 AM
I half heartedly read through this 3 page thread and I share Dave's thoughts, well some of them at least. To be honest 75% of the games that are churrned out for the Xbox are pure garbage. I view the entire race between Sony and Microsoft like the race between VHS and Beta. Beta was and still remains the superior of the two, however, they lost the race because VHS gained and held onto its lead. This is exactly like the Xbox, while superior they had a late jump and cant seem to find the momentum to gain the lost ground Sony has already.
If you are a game producer and both Microsoft and Sony approach you about a game whom should you choose to sponsor your new game? Microsoft with its cutting edge technology wich will make your game incredible or Sony with the less advanced system but has more units sold? The answer is pretty easy, Sony because more units sold means more potential buyers for your game.
The Xbox is a good system and no one can argue with that if you look at the specs, however, if Microsoft does not come out with some meaningful games soon for its megamachine expect sales of Xbox2 to be miniscule. Sony will continue to hold onto the #1 spot as long as the majority of games made are for their system.

These are just random drunk thoughts so take this however you please.

Felon

FuNkY mOnK
04-16-2003, 06:57 PM
Bottom line you only need power to sh it.

bretman1234
04-16-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Felon's Ghost
I half heartedly read through this 3 page thread and I share Dave's thoughts, well some of them at least. To be honest 75% of the games that are churrned out for the Xbox are pure garbage. I view the entire race between Sony and Microsoft like the race between VHS and Beta. Beta was and still remains the superior of the two, however, they lost the race because VHS gained and held onto its lead. This is exactly like the Xbox, while superior they had a late jump and cant seem to find the momentum to gain the lost ground Sony has already.
If you are a game producer and both Microsoft and Sony approach you about a game whom should you choose to sponsor your new game? Microsoft with its cutting edge technology wich will make your game incredible or Sony with the less advanced system but has more units sold? The answer is pretty easy, Sony because more units sold means more potential buyers for your game.
The Xbox is a good system and no one can argue with that if you look at the specs, however, if Microsoft does not come out with some meaningful games soon for its megamachine expect sales of Xbox2 to be miniscule. Sony will continue to hold onto the #1 spot as long as the majority of games made are for their system.

These are just random drunk thoughts so take this however you please.

Felon

If only more people tried xbox, I'm sure the sales would go up. I have turned three AVID, and i mean AVID!, playstation 2 fans into xbox owners after just a couple hours playing halo online. They traded in their ps2's and all of their games (they had a ton) and bought xbox's (with of course, halo). They are all very big xbox fans now and whenever i bring up their ps2 extremist days, they laugh and shrug it off. It disappoints me how people who love the ps2 so much, and then bash the xbox for not have companies make games for it, they don't even try the xbox. If only they tried it, sales would be up and microsoft would be winning the race. *sigh*

Felon's Ghost
04-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Bretman1234, you are correct that if people actually went out and tried the xbox they would most likley convert. The only problem is money. Mommy and Daddy sure as hell aint gonna throw out another what another $200 for a platform for thier kids. Also if the average PS2 owner looks at the line up of games it becomes easier for them to justify not shelling out that $200. Xbox is hurting because of crappy games and developers who dont realize what time tables are. Fix those two thing and Xbox will win this race, until then I fear the worst for Microsofts little box.

ARONO129
04-18-2003, 12:32 AM
Bretman1234, you are correct that if people actually went out and tried the xbox they would most likley convert. The only problem is money. Mommy and Daddy sure as hell aint gonna throw out another what another $200 for a platform for thier kids. Also if the average PS2 owner looks at the line up of games it becomes easier for them to justify not shelling out that $200. Xbox is hurting because of crappy games and developers who dont realize what time tables are. Fix those two thing and Xbox will win this race, until then I fear the worst for Microsofts little box.

Just wondering, since when is the Xbox "hurting"? It's #2 in sales. It's the GC that people should worry about. And are Halo, Splinter Cell, Mech Assault, and the upcoming Brute Force, Fable and Halo2 crappy games?

Felon's Ghost
04-18-2003, 12:49 AM
And are Halo, Splinter Cell, Mech Assault, and the upcoming Brute Force, Fable and Halo2 crappy games?

1. Remove Splinter Cell from the list, seeing as it crosses platforms

2. Halo was great the forst 25 times I beat it

3. Mech Assault.....nothing ground breaking

4. Brute Force has the potential to suck, but dosent suck yet(no one has played it).

5. Fable, ya I look forward to that in 2005

6. Halo2 see #5

I think the sub-conversation was about how Xbox2 would stack up to the sales of say PS3. Read my orginal reply.

Professor Kaos
04-18-2003, 01:00 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p8c30f6710f71892070ec376d337ae1e1/fd1d497e.jpg

Felon's Ghost
04-18-2003, 01:01 AM
only on mondays though

ARONO129
04-18-2003, 01:37 PM

1. Remove Splinter Cell from the list, seeing as it crosses platforms

2. Halo was great the forst 25 times I beat it

3. Mech Assault.....nothing ground breaking

4. Brute Force has the potential to suck, but dosent suck yet(no one has played it).

5. Fable, ya I look forward to that in 2005

6. Halo2 see #5

I think the sub-conversation was about how Xbox2 would stack up to the sales of say PS3. Read my orginal reply.

Why remove Splinter Cell when it looks best on the Xbox. Proves that games that are multiplatform look best on the Xbox because it's the most powerful and versitile system.

As for Halo the fact that you beat it is invalid at least you enjoyed playing it for the first 25 times. Which game out today (Halo type game) for any console has unlimited replay value when you play alone?

Mech Assault is an amazing game. When was the last "ground breaking" game that came out. Let me guess all the Nintendo sequels that keep coming out? How many Zelda and Mario games have been put out to date. I'm really asking. How many of the PS2 games are "ground breaking" games?

Brute Force remains to be seen but looks good so far. Hopefully won't be another Raw.

Fable in 2005? Hope not. That Nintendo's style.

As for Halo2 see my Fable comment.

Felon's Ghost
04-18-2003, 07:39 PM
I have to agree Splinter Cell looks tremendous on the Xbox, however would your average PS2 playin Joe actually spend another $200 just to see those amazing graphics? I think not.
Had Splinter Cell remained a true Xbox exclusive title, it couldve sold a few systems.

Halo is excellent once through. The other times I beat it was out of pure boredom, I gained some fun which is better than none. Any single playeer game out and I mean any is only great once through. Until technology can replace enemy AI units at different intervals to keep the player on his/her toes all single FPS games will remain only great once through.

Last groundbreaking games...are we limited to console?
Console=Morrowind
PC=Neverwinter Nights, Warcraft III, Morrowind(lol), Planetside will own all.
Mechassault was basically a port of the other mechassault games from PC. Just my opinion.

Fable and Halo2....ok 2004

Blind-RazoR
04-18-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
I don't know about you all, but I'm more than happy with my Box. And yeah, every game publisher doesn't use all the fetures that Xbox has to offer, so they are still some of the best games out, regardless. "Ps3 will be all that xbox was supposed to be" yeah but Xbox Next, or what ever, will be 10x PS3, what's your point? Xbox is in it's first gen. PS will be in it's 3rd. The first X is better than the 2nd PS, and so on. And the hard drive, every console that comes out will have one from now on, if not they are screwing themselves, that was another big seller for me.

It seems to me your too busy bi t ch'n about all the stuff you heard, didn't anyone ever tell you not to believe EVERYTHING you hear, and you're missing out on all the good things that the X has to offer. It may take a while but the publishers will come around, just chill.

That is a pretty bold statement to make since it will be another 1.5 - 2 years until we see any specs on any system. And how is the PS3 going to be what the Xbox is when the PS2 is out selling the Xbox now.

I would have to agree with Dave in some aspects because there are about 3 games I have played for the Xbox that seem like it could blow the PS2 out of the water but time after time, games are made and they are not what microsoft said.

The most resent one was with Tao Feng. Where are the Fatalities that they advertised?????

bretman1234
04-19-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Blind-RazoR

That is a pretty bold statement to make since it will be another 1.5 - 2 years until we see any specs on any system. And how is the PS3 going to be what the Xbox is when the PS2 is out selling the Xbox now.

I would have to agree with Dave in some aspects because there are about 3 games I have played for the Xbox that seem like it could blow the PS2 out of the water but time after time, games are made and they are not what microsoft said.

The most resent one was with Tao Feng. Where are the Fatalities that they advertised?????

I think when nine said that ps3 is going to be what xbox was supposed to be, he meant that it terms of the sheer system. Selling has alot to do with it, mind me, but if we made a supersystem with realistic graphics, and no one bought it, than would that make it really WORSE than say another system with ok graphics but more support?