PDA

View Full Version : How do you load saves from a memory card?

WynnFire
04-10-2003, 06:37 PM
I just picked up a memory card today and I have game saves on it but I don't know how to load those saves. Is it possible to copy from the memory card to the hard drive? I can't figure out how to do it, please help.

DZNUTZ
04-10-2003, 06:42 PM
i couldn't figure out how to copy from a memorey card to the harddrive either.

wweomaniac
04-10-2003, 07:05 PM
you load while you're in the game... "L-O-A-D"

You might be able to do it in the xbox dashboard too if the game you're playing is in the tray.

You upload stuff to your memory card from the hardrive by uising the dashboard. You highlight the xbox hardrive, select what you need to save onto hardrive and there's an option at the bottom. Thats what I remember...

here's the most informative document about memory management on xbox:

http://www.xbox.com/news/0201/memorymanagement.htm

WynnFire
04-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
You upload stuff to your memory card from the hardrive by uising the dashboard. You highlight the xbox hardrive, select what you need to save onto hardrive and there's an option at the bottom. Thats what I remember...[/url]

Thank You, that helped. Only one problem though, the game saves on my Memory card ask me if I want to overwrite my files on the Hard Drive but I DO NOT. What do I do then? I just want to add it to the file on my Hard Drive.

Highlite23
04-10-2003, 10:00 PM
You can move files back and forth from the dashboard. As far as the XBOX asking to overwrite your existing files...

If the files are saved with the same name or profile, it obviously thinks it's a duplicate.

Example...Your playing Splinter Cell and decide to save a copy of your game file on a memory card for back up, or to take to a friends house. You play at your friends and progress through the next 2 levels and you save that info, now you can load that file from in the game at home, but if you want to copy it to your harddrive, it will ask to overwrite the existing file, which i would think is ok, because you want the progress you made saved.

In some games you can only save 1 file or profile at a time, Panzer Dragoon Orta comes to mind, so again, it will ask to overwrite.

Hope it helps a little.:)

metsrule3186
04-11-2003, 07:27 PM
you can go through the dashboard and copy ure save to the hdd or replace the hdd save with the memory card save and it will load that one instead. I dont think u can load straight from the memory card on xbox unless the game has that option.