PDA

View Full Version : Hockey fans, 4 NHL titles to choose from this year...

SBC31
04-11-2003, 12:51 PM
This is great news:

- Sega's NHL 2K4 (to be renamed soon)
- Midways NHL Hitz Pro (will now be a sim like game with 5 on 5...)
- Microsoft's NHL Rivals 2004 (early screens look amazing)
- EA's NHL 2004 (hope they do some serious house cleaning with this one and finally make a good version).

Looks like this fall will be heaven for Xbox NHL fans. I may have to lock myself in my basement and play for a month or two straight...lol!

Pipetender
04-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Where are screen for the microsoft game. Sounds interesting.

OuFtb
04-12-2003, 09:17 AM
For screens of the Microsoft hockey game go to genral disscuion, and look for NHL Rivials 2004, there is a whole thread about it.

Pipetender
04-12-2003, 10:39 AM
Thanks, wow that game looks realy cool, I just hope it doesn't turn into a Hitz style game.

sandeep
04-16-2003, 03:57 PM
i thought sega's nhl 2k3 was just awesome. i still do. i can't wait to play 2k4

Queasy Buddy
04-20-2003, 11:44 AM
I would have to say that NHL HITZ series is the best Hockey games ever made. I can't stand sims. I love the over the top approach of midway. I just hope it doesn't become to much of a sim with the 5 on 5 in the new one coming out.

Pipetender
04-20-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Adam-XBA
I would have to say that NHL HITZ series is the best Hockey games ever made. I can't stand sims. I love the over the top approach of midway. I just hope it doesn't become to much of a sim with the 5 on 5 in the new one coming out.

It's going to be a huge sim! Just read some of the comments on what they are adding.

mmattai
04-21-2003, 01:48 AM
I think it's a HUGE mistake by Midway to go into the sim market. I liked Hitz because if I was tired of sim play I could play Hitz which was all the way on the other side of the spectrum. They'll figure out their mistake after this year :D

Pipetender
04-21-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by mmattai
I think it's a HUGE mistake by Midway to go into the sim market. I liked Hitz because if I was tired of sim play I could play Hitz which was all the way on the other side of the spectrum. They'll figure out their mistake after this year :D

This game is made by Microsoft, not Midway.

mmattai
04-21-2003, 10:57 PM
Hitz is made by Midway, Rivals is made by MS.

MasterChief
04-22-2003, 05:53 PM
Rivals

Pipetender
04-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by MasterChief
Rivals

:huh:

bobothebear
04-25-2003, 11:49 AM
its to bad midway is leaving their arcade approach for nhl and nfl.... now all the games will be super serious... i liked renting a crazzy sports game every so often.

MasterChief
05-02-2003, 08:09 PM
microsoft

EvilTed
05-13-2003, 04:47 PM
I was dissapointed to hear EA wasn't going to do on-line sports for the XBOX. I guess this doesn't matter much for hockey, because I think NHL 2K3 is somewhat a better game than the EA offering. But I would have liked to have seen some of their other sports titles on LIVE.

I'm very interested to see what Microsoft can come up with for hockey. I'm afraid if its anything like NFL Fever, it will be all graphics and no substance. NFL Fever is not football, but it looks nice. Will their hockey be the same?

Pipetender
05-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by EvilTed
I was dissapointed to hear EA wasn't going to do on-line sports for the XBOX. I guess this doesn't matter much for hockey, because I think NHL 2K3 is somewhat a better game than the EA offering. But I would have liked to have seen some of their other sports titles on LIVE.

I'm very interested to see what Microsoft can come up with for hockey. I'm afraid if its anything like NFL Fever, it will be all graphics and no substance. NFL Fever is not football, but it looks nice. Will their hockey be the same?

I hope so. I think either the game will be the best out there or it will be a joke.