PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Freezes!!!

Pimpn419
12-03-2001, 11:43 AM
Hey Guys,

Last night I was playing Fuzion Frenzy with a couple buddies and In between the game screen the music started repeating itself and the game froze. What the hell Is up with that? I took the game out and looked at the back of It.. there were a couple hairs on the back but no scratches.. I blew the hairs off and put the game back In. I had no more problems with It the rest of the night.. and Fuzion Frenzy's the only game I've ever had any problems with. One other time my xbox said It couldn't read the disk (still Fuzion Frenzy), but all I had to do Is take the game out and put It back In, then It worked fine.

So Is It my game, the xbox, or am I just trippin. My brothers friend said that the xbox has hella flaws and errors that still need to be worked out. Is any of this true? That freezin s**t and that "no read" s**t really has got me trippin. A new system shouldn't do that... or am I wrong?

-Matt

l Maximus l
12-03-2001, 11:48 AM
Pimpn...I would say that your first problem is being an owner of Fuzion Frenzy. That game sucks the juice out of rocks! lol...if you like it, that's cool...but, that game won't come close to my XBox :D

The other potential problem is that it's important that your XBox has enough ventalation...In other words, it needs plenty of air especially if you are playing at extended periods of time. It may not seem like you are playing a long time as the time passes by quickly playing games.

Also, try shaving the Fuzion Frenzy disk...it appears that it is growing a beard :D hehe...make sure that it is a clean disk :D

batman46st
12-03-2001, 12:12 PM
keep your games and xbox nice and clean and it wont evva go bad on u otherwise hair,dust,sperm etc w/e is on the cd will make the laser skip n cost the xboxto start making ish skip....

Pimpn419
12-03-2001, 01:57 PM
Hey guys,

Today when I turned my xbox on I thought I heard a clicking noise.. so I turned my sound off and restarted the xbox. When It came on It made a clicking noise.. like maybe when the power went to the xbox the disk tray jolted or something. Or maybe I'm just trippin?!?! Has anyone else heard thier xbox make this sound? Should I be worried something's wrong with my xbox? I've got the 2 year warranty so I'm not worried.. but I'd rather not go through all that crap!

My xbox Is In a boxed In area In my entertainment center.. It's got room on both sides and In the back, not to mention the top. There Is an outlined box In the back of the space though where I can break open more space for ventilation.

-Matt

MaxPain
12-03-2001, 02:03 PM
I've only had one problem, that's when I was putting my halo game in an error popped up saying could not read disk, but I just popped it out and back in and it worked fine. Nothing is perfect so it will mess up some time or another :D :D

l Maximus l
12-03-2001, 03:41 PM
It appears to me that Pimpn's XBox is haunted by a polterguist! :eek:

Snoopy7548
12-03-2001, 06:11 PM
i think i might know what that clicking noise is, did u rent a game from blockbuster and play it? because at my blockbuster, they put these sticker things on the cds, and sometimes on the edges, they forget to cut a little piece off and thats making the noise

scarecrow kfj
12-04-2001, 01:29 PM
that or maybe more hair.. When ever you have hair scratches what ever even smudges from your greasy fingures it will skip. Take care of the games grab the edges and yes you are trippin

l Maximus l
12-04-2001, 01:33 PM
I'm just one to really take care of my hardware and software. Even when I take out my XBox games, I put them back while having the CD right-side up so when I open the case, the game is not even upside down. I have always done this with my personal CD collection, so, it's kind of a habbit.

Call me a weirdo if you want, but, when I need to wipe my ass, I use toilet paper, not my XBox games :D

GokuX
12-04-2001, 01:42 PM
I hate Blockbuster but there is nowhere else around me to rent games. They had the sticker complaint when PS2 owners were saying things about it. I always have to cut the sticker off the outside edges of the CD before I can play it. Plus they need a sticker at the other side to balance the CD which I thought they were gonna do.

l Maximus l
12-04-2001, 01:47 PM
I read through the directions carefully and it says very clearly in the manual not to attach stickers of any sort on the XBox DVDs otherwise it can cause an inbalance of the CD and could potentially screw up your XBox. I have no idea why I read through all of this stuff...but, I did. Personally, I won't shove in any game that has a sticker on it...I'd rather not mess up my system.

scarecrow kfj
12-04-2001, 02:38 PM
yeah I dont understand why block buster does that. I cant wait to go home and play

Plewis
12-04-2001, 07:32 PM
I read that too. Is it just in my town, or does blockbuster have like 4 games in the store? I thought maybe Blockbuster knew more about the sticker thing than I did, but maybe, and most likely, Blockbuster is just a bunch of Blockheads! Sorry... I know that joke was stupid, but maybe it'll give a person a smile, and that was worth the typing. Two pretzels are walking down the street, one was assaulted (a salted.) :D Thank you, goodnight!

skoot182
12-04-2001, 07:52 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

no....

:D

poopee_pants
12-04-2001, 08:41 PM
i just phoned x-box technical support, 1-800-4MY-XBOX to inquire about the blockbuster stickers. i was informed that they have been approved by microsoft and yeild no potentional damage. the fellow also told me that stickers placed on cd's/dvd's really wont do any harm.

bbchs_trash
12-04-2001, 09:08 PM
I'm just guessing but since I had a first hand experience with the click on the hard drive with my PC, I'm guesing your hard-drive is busted and your one screwed little puppy. If it keeps clicking repeatedly I can almost gauruntee it's your hard-drive because my uncle's best friend runs a computer shop and he said when hard-drives click the little things that spin and read the stuff off the hard-drive have to hit little soft spots and most likely one of your soft-spots is rubbed out or mis-aligned. Ship your X-box to Microsoft and tell them to send you a new one.

Pimpn419
12-04-2001, 11:17 PM
Well, my xbox doesn't make that clicking noise all the time, or even when I'm playing my games. The only time It makes the noise It right when I turn the xbox on.. It really sounds like maybe the fan Is turning on and that's what's making the noise.

-Matt

Pimpn419
12-05-2001, 07:38 PM
Well, I took my xbox to the place where I got It and the guy said that the sound deffinately wasn't normal... so he gave me another xbox and I was on my way. The new one doesn't make the noise and works just fine.

The only thing that sucks Is now I'm going to have to beat all the games I've beaten all over again..

-Matt

Chaotic
12-06-2001, 08:01 AM
I've noticed when i play nfl fever 2002 , anytime i pass the ball and there is either a pass interfence penalty or holding penalty the game will freeze and take about 2 to 3 mintues before you see the referee calling the penalty. This has happend more than once.

xboxbabe
12-06-2001, 02:07 PM
I was @ wal-mart the other day, and I over heard the guy in the entertainment dept. say that 5 people had returned their xbox because it kept freezing on them?????? I don't know, but I think I'm going to wait a while before I buy one!

smack119
12-06-2001, 02:36 PM
xboxbabe...i wouldnt beleive everything you hear in stores.... my xbox works perfect. and pimp....see why i have a memory card??? if you had one you could have just transfered the games to it and then to your new box

mattcoxonline
12-06-2001, 02:46 PM
I just hope that they have this problem sorted out before the European release....

http://www.geocities.com/mattcoxonline/munchtop_invert.jpg (http://www.360net.com/)

Pimpn419
12-06-2001, 11:13 PM
yeah, I plan on buying a memory card very soon...

-Matt