PDA

View Full Version : Halo "ghost town" trick

ALC
04-11-2003, 08:11 PM
sorry if this is a re-post, but I think it's pretty cool, and I've never seen any mention of it on the net before

Begin a co op game in the AOTC level, when you begin (I would have been your daddy), play through the level as normal until you reach the first big bridge (across the canyon type thing, with stationary guns and stuff on it)

Go to the lower floor of the bridge (down the ramp or breaking the glass) Now head back in the direction towards the door you came out I think. The rock wall should be sorta blackish and dark, run towards it. If you're at full health, you should land on a small gray ledge and not die. Have your co op partner drop down after you.

Once you've made it to the ledge, look down along the wall you're up against. You should see another inclined ledge (this one is whitish).. It IS possible to get onto this ledge, you may have to use a respawning trick, but if you try for a little bit, both of you should be able to stand on the ledge. From there, it IS possible to end up on the ground below (a VERY far fall from the bridge you started on), without dying on impact. You may have to use a trick with respawning again.
Halo vets shouldn't have too much trouble with this.
You'll find your self on the floor of the canyon where you first meet up with friendly troops. They will be standing there, along with a warthog.
The cool part about this trick is.. No other sprites will have been spawned yet!!!
Grab one of the many empty ghosts, or the warthog, or later the tank, and go nuts in the EMPTY level!! You've also saved a bit of time by falling down there.

As you continue through the level, you will find all kinds of neat crap to do. There's a banshee that usually attacks you once you've gone between the vertical "pipe" type things (that keep the tank out of that part of the level), you can use that to skip even more of the level, because nobody is in it! Just fly up to the bridge.

Basically It's a fun new way to play through the level. Giving you cool new places to do warthog jumps (with the grenades), without interuption.

Another cool thing to try on the level, is taking a ghost through as much as you can. If you can't get it through a certain door or hallway, try going through backwards. It works some of the time. (Just watch out for those crazy camera glitches when you've got a vehicle in a small space!)

I just thought I'd post this, cuz I think it's pretty cool.
Lemme know if you guys can get the trick to work :)

ALC
04-13-2003, 02:53 PM
3 days later;

So nobody thinks this is even remotely cool? :(
Bummer :p

Nato King
04-13-2003, 03:13 PM
I find it cool. I am going to print off your post and try it later on tonight. Thanks ALC

SiGuy
04-14-2003, 10:37 AM
If you have hacked halo this is a really quick and easy way to beat the game. Just jump off of one of the bridges and you cant die so you end up skipping a checkpoint and none of the guys are around

ALC
04-14-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by ~ManoWar~
If you have hacked halo this is a really quick and easy way to beat the game. Just jump off of one of the bridges and you cant die so you end up skipping a checkpoint and none of the guys are around

That's what I'm saying, heres how you can do it without hacking anything ;)

masterchief2064
04-14-2003, 07:37 PM
wow thats cool I tried a million times to do that with my friends but I never made it to the bottom ill try it tonight with my friend:D

Xtopia
04-14-2003, 11:23 PM
VERY cool post! I'm gonna try this...

Thanks man!:cool:

Himji
04-15-2003, 05:06 AM
I've done something really similar later on in that level.

When you're coming out to the last land bridge next to the pyramid (the place where cortana decides to "interface") I found I was having a tough time dealing with the banshees and the two hunters (No rocket launcher)

As I was running along, I saw a strut of the pyramid right next to you, sos I jumped onto it and sldi all the way down it thus taking very little damage :)

Of course to my surprise nothing spawned untill I went through the big doors at the end of the level

masterchief2064
04-15-2003, 03:33 PM
I need a little help doing this I tried it last night but i couldnt get down to the white ledge, every time I survived when I tried it I slipped off and then died, can u explain this part in a little more detail:confused:

ALC
04-17-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by masterchief2064
I need a little help doing this I tried it last night but i couldnt get down to the white ledge, every time I survived when I tried it I slipped off and then died, can u explain this part in a little more detail:confused:

There is a spot somewhere along it where you can stand without falling. It may be off to the left a bit. You may also have to time this part with your partner so when he lands, you spawn or something like that. That was a key part when I did it.

One thing I wanted to try, but never did, was to land on a tree to see if you can get down that way :p I also tried to jump from the bridge onto the pellican, but I kept missing :)

SiGuy
04-17-2003, 10:28 AM
lol. i tried that for like two hours one night and couldnt do it so I turned on one of the cheats and shot it down cuz i was so ****ed off and when I got to that part of the level where there supposed to help you out they were still there.

lax_defense
04-17-2003, 08:16 PM
i find it cool, but i havent done it been able to do it yet

SpartanSniper
04-30-2003, 09:13 PM
Been there, done that.

KingNader
05-01-2003, 02:14 PM
wow thats cool, i think i saw it before, but never tried it, but thanks anyway now

kornavs19
05-01-2003, 06:09 PM
lol. i tried that for like two hours one night and couldnt do it so I turned on one of the cheats and shot it down cuz i was so ****ed off and when I got to that part of the level where there supposed to help you out they were still there.

Where can u get HALO cheats..And what do they do?

ALC
05-01-2003, 09:42 PM
nowhere, and nothing respectively. Sorry dude.

Dr. Peabody
05-06-2003, 01:10 AM
It is explained in more detail in the GameFAQs secrets faq. It also has heaps more secrets in it too. Also when you make it to the ground look 4 the pelican landing and press X to jump in it and it crashes near the tank.

xboxman_1
05-07-2003, 08:28 AM
Ya, once you get down there, (you have to move kinda fast)jump into the pelican, and then you get a ride over to that place where its crashed....ppppreeeettty silly....

Papke
05-20-2003, 08:40 PM

Wait wait wait........ Hacked Halo? Did I miss something?:huh:

ALC
06-24-2003, 12:47 AM
I bring you..
Pics! (http://members.shaw.ca/hawk606/halotrick/)