PDA

View Full Version : Fable release date

Nameless
04-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Ok so as far as I know this game hasn't been given an official release date, but ppl keep saying its not coming out till 2004. I thought it was due in winter 2003. So could someone tell me where this 2004 date is coming from?

LongBow
04-11-2003, 11:16 PM
God knows when this thing will come out.. Like Halo2, they seem to be taking there time to get it right.. so Ill just sit back and wait..

wweomaniac
04-11-2003, 11:16 PM
the 2004 date comes from the lack of confidence that people have with MS releasing a game on time.

Halo got delayed till 2004...
Brute Force got delayed.

But IMO, i think it would be a smart idea for MS to release Fable in time for XMas or else they may not have a good xmas title for xbxo... unless doom III came out.

No Fear 23
04-12-2003, 01:08 AM
it will come out by the time xbox 2 is out :)

maneatingcow
04-12-2003, 01:28 AM
Odds are, you'll hear more about it at this years E3.

Fable will be one of the top XBox games showcased, mark my word :)

-end- :eek:

Variation-XBA
04-12-2003, 02:58 AM
Lionhead studios are known for pushing dates back, quite a long time too...but like he said, it will be showcased as a huge upcomming title

Duke
04-12-2003, 09:25 AM
It has also been in development for a loooong time. Not to mention that w/ Halo being pushed back for 2004, MS is probably putting at least a little pressure on 'em to get it out for the Holiday season.

Shadow20002
04-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Yeah. This game will be something when this one is out. Hopefully is out in Winter of 2003. :rolleyes:

FiftyCent
04-12-2003, 10:49 AM
this game is looking great. But its a long way from getting it tho.... :(

wweomaniac
04-12-2003, 10:58 AM
I predict that it will have downloadable content by when it comes out. they have to have live enabled for this game in temrs of downloads. Why else would it take them so long?

FiftyCent
04-12-2003, 11:01 AM
im prretty much getting tired of all these false rumors. so stupid , it will still come out on that same release date.. stop spreading thes rumors for the llove of god!

Nameless
04-12-2003, 09:03 PM
the 2004 date comes from the lack of confidence that people have with MS releasing a game on time.

Microsoft aren't the developers for Fable.

I predict that it will have downloadable content by when it comes out. they have to have live enabled for this game in temrs of downloads. Why else would it take them so long?

Why would they have to add Live content?

im prretty much getting tired of all these false rumors. so stupid , it will still come out on that same release date.. stop spreading thes rumors for the llove of god!

Are you talking about us?

Also, are there any vids of the gameplay? I've seen trailers, but nothing really along the lines of gameply.

ShannonX
04-13-2003, 12:10 AM
i'd rather a game get delayed than the game get pushed out fast and have countless bugs and crap features.

Xbox Owner
04-13-2003, 10:11 AM
I've heard 1/14/04?

# 1 Stunner
04-13-2003, 12:08 PM
yeah i gotta feeeling this will take another year to get out..

Figure.09
04-13-2003, 12:25 PM
All that I have heard is "it comes out when it comes out"

Shadow20002
04-13-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
i'd rather a game get delayed than the game get pushed out fast and have countless bugs and crap features.

Something like Morrowind ? :eek:

Duke
04-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA

Agreed. But I still think MS will make every effort to help Lionhead have this out during the holidays. But if it takes extra time to make it a great game I'll just have to sit here impatiently.

Figure.09
04-13-2003, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I would rather wait a year than have another morrowind.

SPARTAN VI
04-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Its hard to believe that Halo was rushed, and still came out one of the best games ever. But, we're not always that lucky. Fable will be one game I'd rather wait for, along side with Halo 2.

AloneInTheDark
04-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Halo was rushed :confused: It doesnt show.

MerimacHamwich
04-13-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

Halo got delayed till 2004...
Brute Force got delayed.

But IMO, i think it would be a smart idea for MS to release Fable in time for XMas or else they may not have a good xmas title for xbxo... unless doom III came out.
So, you as well as other people set a date of 2004 becuase Microsoft doesn't release games at one set date? When has Microsoft delayed a game?

Anyhow, Peter Molynuex, Big Blue Box, and Lionhead studios aren't expecting this to come out very soon. They are trying to implement anything and everything that they wanted. If they do, it will be amazing. I do believe I heard Molynuex saying that you shouldn't expect the game to come out before 2004. He is known for delaying games to perfect them. Personally, I don't care if a game is delayed in order to perfect it. Most of the time people complain so much that a game is delayed then it gets released and still isn't quite finished, so then they proceed to say the developers should have spent more time on it. Talk about contradictory.

As a side note, Microsoft does not develop, publish or set release dates for every single game that will ever come out on their system. In fact, they only develop and publish a few games.

AloneInTheDark
04-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

So, you as well as other people set a date of 2004 becuase Microsoft doesn't release games at one set date? When has Microsoft delayed a game?

Halo 2, Kung Fu Chaos, Brute Force, any of those ring a bell?

MerimacHamwich
04-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Hmm, I didn't know Microsoft publishes Halo2. I didn't know Kung Fu Chaos was delayed. I didn't know Brute Force was publiished by Microsoft.

Still, release dates are more set by the publishers even though they aren't directly involved with the development of the game. So the developers could have told the publishers to set a tottally different date but the publishers want the game out earlier so they set an earlier date. Then, surprise, surprise, the developers cannot meet the deadline and the publishers end up pushing back the release date. As well, too many people rely on the release dates set by stores, people not even remotely involved with the making of the game. Yet they still make thier own prjections on when the game will be released. Ofcourse, sometimes they may have talked to someone at either the publisher or developers company but what are the chances they will get a hold of the head developer to find out when he thinks the game will be released. What I am trying to say is that most of the time the so called "release dates" are not the true release dates. In fact, they are just made up by people to try and get pre orders.

I just got into a rant there. Didn't mean to offend anyone, but just to try and help people understand what goes on.