PDA

View Full Version : [Halo] Have you ever shot Captain Keyes?

xboxgamer142
04-12-2003, 03:35 AM
Its most likely that you have. Its the time in the first level on the Pillar of Autumn, when after you get your pistol, you turn around and head for the bridge. You can shoot Captain Keyes or some of the officers and commanders there too. But shortly after you do that, Cortana makes an announcement "This is the bridge, the Master Chief has gone rampage. Marines...get him!" Then marines (who can't die) come to kill you. Its really hilarious.

Has anyone ever tried it out? I think it works on some other levels too, such as the Truth and Reconciliation one.

OuFtb
04-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Suprizingly I have never tryed that before, but next time I play Halo I will, sounds pretty cool.

Reclaimer
04-12-2003, 08:45 PM
It works. Cortana says" What the hell are you doing?" And they she calls for the Marines to come in. They all become hostile and start kicking your butt. BTW, you get trapped on the bridge and you can't leave. It was funny. Once.

EHWfedPres
04-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Yeah, you get trapped and the marines become invincible. They make really great blood splatters on the walls though. I lasted quite some time in there before I died...

Reclaimer
04-13-2003, 02:28 AM
Pretty much like where you do something that kills a bunch of marines all at once. The remaining freak out and stary saying that you went crazy. They all drop what they're doing and start attacking you in the middle of the game.
During AOTCR, there is a part where you have to drive the tank down a narrow ridge that winds to the rights, and there's a few Hunters at the bottom. Anyway, a bunch of marines are stranded, and are running up the ridge to greet you and the marines you have riding on the tank. Of course, because of the slope, the tanks slides out of control and I angle it sideways so I don't flip off the ledge. Well, I'm sliding sideways / crossways down the ledge and I plow over like 5 marines. The 4 on board whig out, and they become hostile on the radar scope. They jump off and start trying to kill you. Right until I backed the tank up and ran them over too.

Reclaimer
04-13-2003, 02:29 AM
Pretty much like where you do something that kills a bunch of marines all at once. The remaining freak out and start saying that you went crazy. They all drop what they're doing and start attacking you in the middle of the game.
During AOTCR, there is a part where you have to drive the tank down a narrow ridge that winds to the right, and there's a few Hunters at the bottom. Anyway, a bunch of marines are stranded, and are running up the ridge to greet you and the marines you have riding on the tank. Of course, because of the slope, the tanks slides out of control and I angle it sideways so I don't flip off the ledge. Well, I'm sliding sideways / crossways down the ledge and I plow over like 5 marines. The 4 on board whig out, and they become hostile on the radar scope. They jump off and start trying to kill you. Right until I backed the tank up and ran them over too.

E Nomini Patri
04-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Hehe, it's fun killing marines (double post Reclaimer ;) ). It amuses me to no end when someone says they shot Captain Keyes and got killed by the invincible Marines, and then wonder if there's a way to kill them lol, they're invincible, THEY DO NOT DIE, hehe.

Nato King
04-13-2003, 03:02 PM
I remember when I did that it was so funny. I remember when the marines where coming for me and I went to the front of the ship and I was Hiding under the front part of the ship. All of the marines were looking for me but they couldn't find me. They kept saying I know he is somewhere around here. At that point I started to throw Bombs up on the deck and all you hear is marines hurting form the explosion. Hahahaha very funny you should try it.:)

SiGuy
04-14-2003, 10:34 AM
I tried this once with a hacked halo. You kill everyone on the bridge and turn on invincible, one shot kill, and bump character. Kill all but one of the marines and then bump him and all the doors will open up so you can leave instead of being locked in.

EHWfedPres
04-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Its funny on the silent cartographer when you get the needler off a covenent, just unload a whole clip into a marines head and watch him explode...then do it again to someone else and eventually they all get ticked off.

Reclaimer
04-14-2003, 09:01 PM
It was funny, because I needed ammo, so I decided to melee a Marine and take his ammo. I hit him, but he lived, but he said: "Do I owe you money?" I didnt expect that. Later on, my wife and I where playing, and we where on the Truth and Reconciliation level, getting ready to lead a group of marines into a hangar bay, inevitably into a battle. My wife was way low on ammo, so I told her to turn around and whack a marine and take his ammo. She turns around and hits the Sergeant (the black guy who leads them) and kills him. I was like "DOH! not that one!" The Marines went hostile and starting fighting us right there in the doorway. Just like that. Man, that was the first time, I had seen that, so I had no idea they would go aggro on us. Strangely enough, you kill him, he keeps reappearing throughout the game in certain scenes. They must clone squad leaders.

bias
04-15-2003, 10:24 AM
This sounds like fun, gonna try this :D

lax_defense
04-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Ive tried it, its fun. Killing your own marines is fun too, seems how they dont do anything for you :)

jake mcd
04-17-2003, 08:26 PM
i tried it and fought the marines for a good ten minutes before giving up and realizing they can't die...

jaboo
05-05-2003, 08:36 PM
in the Truth and Reconciliation if ya kill the captain the stage restarts 2 the last check pt.......

n y is it that the marines suck @ss against the covenant...but they hav such great aiming against the master chief

HALO2
05-09-2003, 10:44 PM
maN THIS STUFF IS OLD.
EVERYBODY KNOWS WHAT HAPPEND WHEN YOU SHOOT CAPTAIN KEYES.

HALO2
05-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey can some one tell me whats a hacked HALO

SiGuy
05-12-2003, 10:28 AM
theres a couple of people here that have it. i no longer have it because it ruined the game for me. you have to have a mod chip and you have to download the hack off of the internet. again, i dont know how to do it I had someone do it for me so Im not a good person to ask. The hack allows you to turn invincible, unlimited ammo, bump character, one shot kills, medusa, etc.

I honestly wouldn't recommend this to anybody, it ruined the game for me. :cry:

bretman1234
05-17-2003, 11:12 PM
I have a mod chip, and i dont wanna start talking about this too much and get this thread terminated, but can u email me on exactly what and how a hacked halo does manowar?

bretman1234@hotmail.com

Batman_wanna_be
05-19-2003, 10:32 AM
yeah i shot the caption but did you know that if you zoom in with the pistol on his nametag is says "hi my name is Caption Keyes" i thought that was pretty cool that bungie detail the game that much.

Papke
05-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Sweet Double Post Rec!:p

I like to get good use out of my marines. I usually let them exterminate a few covies and then *BLAM* and I get more sniper rifle ammo.

According to what I've been reading about through my Halo2 obsession tho, these upcoming marines will be less expendable.:(

Dr. Peabody
05-21-2003, 03:41 AM
A funny thing to do on Truth and Reconciliation is when that guy gets all scared in the place(spoiler!) where Keyes dies(end spoiler!). When Keyes says "stop you belly aching soldier" and starts to say a speech throw a plasma grenade at his face. He'll try get it off while still saying his speech! Funny stuff:p

Conchord
05-23-2003, 08:39 PM
If it can b killed on Halo...i have killed it.