PDA

View Full Version : Growing Pains. (-:

Kamshaft
04-13-2003, 11:37 AM
With our "rough diamond" (v3.0 of XboxAddict.com)....Our main goal was to make this the smoothest transition possible, without loosing anything. The reviews, news, excitement comments and forums, we didn't want to loose a single ounce of it.

We are still debugging various parts of the site, but as far I as know most MAJOR bugs are gone. You'll also notice that for next few weeks, you might get tiny temporary errors on the screen. Just ignore them.

This time I really busted my a$$ to bring you (the dedicated Addicts/members ans new folks) the best darn giveaway among all other xbox fan sites out on the internet, to really introduce the new and improved site with a huge BANG! (I think we suceeded)

Remember folks, the is our biggest giveaway yet...we are giving away over $3,500 USD (that's like $1,000,000 canadian!) worth of hardware and software. Over 70+ prizes! For one month alone! The giveaway schdule is not hard to remember, when the give aways are EVERY NIGHT @ 9pm Eastern until May 10th, 2003. And Josh is da man! REMEMBER....One prize per person per contest!

Also, Josh will be checking if you've done ENOUGH participation on the site (depending on the way he feels), so that WILL increase you chances on winning. He'll have a small utility that will check your stats on the site. So, if you DON'T post news comments, reviews, excitement comments, and more....you won't win and we'll give your prize to someone else (you don't want that)....BUT, if you've participated...we'll take care of you.

I gotta run....But, now that my hair has just about all fallen out with the launch of this new site, I promisse you all that we are just gonna keep improving it.

So, do us a BIG favor.....TELL YOUR FRIENDS THAT XBA RULEZ!

# 1 Stunner
04-13-2003, 12:05 PM
yeah this site is great but has sum minor problems,u guys did a good job....now only if i could get into the chatroom to win sumthing:( :D

Nato King
04-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
yeah this site is great but has sum minor problems,u guys did a good job....now only if i could get into the chatroom to win sumthing:( :D

I know what you mean I was going to come in the Chatroom last night but I didn't make it home in time but I know I will be in there tonight.:)

Xbox Owner
04-13-2003, 12:56 PM
Hmm..I tried posting a review today, it wouldn't work.

Like, when I pressed summit..it like..just, um, refreshed?

canadianboi3
04-13-2003, 02:01 PM
The greatness of this new site definately out weighs the bugs. You guys have done a tremendous job.

Knight
04-13-2003, 02:06 PM
Do I have to join in the chat rooms to win a prize?

GokuX
04-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Stephen, you and the rest of the crew deserve a break after getting this up. You really did a nice job of giving it an improved look.:D

FiftyCent
04-13-2003, 05:42 PM
not a bad job still i like the colours

|ROS|Drakon
04-13-2003, 06:07 PM
you guys are doing great for forums. ive been reading em ever since i watched my unc win on one of your first contests :cool: the colors are great and so is the setup. everything is easy to find. oh and about the canadian $.... its more like $2 000 000 haha, i mean cmon. i go and buy an xbox game offa ebay for like $25 US.. after all the tax and garbage its like $95. :confused: oh well, im still hoping one of these years they announce a new currency called the Amero... it would be so much better..... *finds himself rambling now*... uh... XBA RULEZ!.. *saves face* :cool:

X-Fan
04-13-2003, 07:26 PM
i know i will be there and i will be winning tonight!

Nato King
04-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by X-Fan
i know i will be there and i will be winning tonight!

Well I am sorry to say but you missed it. It was a great giveaway tonight Josh-XBA hosted it. He had some good questions. There were about 55 people in there. I can't wait until tomorrow night.:)

# 1 Stunner
04-13-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w

I know what you mean I was going to come in the Chatroom last night but I didn't make it home in time but I know I will be in there tonight.:) no u dont,u can actually get into the chatroom.;)

hiter101
04-13-2003, 09:38 PM
my hat goes off to all the xba staff

*takes off hat* :D

anyway great job guys u all deserve a tropical vacation :)

shrew king
04-14-2003, 01:33 AM
Stephen, you and the rest of the staff have made an awesome site, keep up the good work. I think E3 is a nice enough break, definitely well-earned.

LongBow
04-14-2003, 07:04 AM
I want to win something, but Im never on when I should be.

JJaX
04-14-2003, 11:33 AM
I dont write reviews or do that excitement meter stuff. BUt i am an active member and OG of the forums.

Does that count? :D

DZNUTZ
04-14-2003, 04:00 PM
congrats on the upgrade xba.
yea..this new give-away is crazy.....good job lining that up.
to bad my ass can never get in front of my laptop to participate in em...but thats aight...u can give me and jjax free stuff just cuz you love us so much;)

btw..everyone else....a lil birdie told me that www.thedirtydozenclan.com will soon be having contest give-aways.
i'm sure at first we won't be able to give away the volume of prizes that our affiliate xba does.

but hey..free stuff is free stuff right?;)
oh and btw...jjax...before you even ask....your not eligable :p

Brevity
04-16-2003, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the update man, I cant wait to win something.:p

fadywwf316
04-17-2003, 08:07 PM
whoa, nice heads up

Cheat
04-19-2003, 09:15 PM
awsome improvement... but you need more than one Cheat, so where is the cheat section

BTW by the 1st cheat im refering to myself [OBVIOUSLY]

Hugh_Jass
04-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Is the speed issue ever going to be resolved?

It took 35 seconds from the time I hit submit to the time the page was updated.

LINKINPARK8591
04-26-2003, 12:13 AM
man u guys did a good job on this site i mean things are souped up and you didn't loose the quality of the website. i can tell the difference with different things since the last time i was here which has been a while.:cheers: :cheers: :D

kenji
04-28-2003, 06:16 PM
The new site shocked my at first, but it is really easier to navigate throughout the entire site. U guys did a great job

chunk83
05-01-2003, 10:00 AM
Growing Pains.........an uber-show

Soul Redeemer
05-04-2003, 01:02 AM
This site is harsh..

TorEro
05-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Hey hows it going man we all have pains in our lives

Icecream
05-05-2003, 07:10 PM
It's ok if I don't win. I didn't sign up for the prize or stuff but I've been watching this site for the past 6 months and have finally decided to sign up seeing the tremendous hard work you folks are doing.

I post a lot on other forums and I'm like #4 amongst the top 25 posters on one of the many forums and hope I'll be more than able to contribute to this site.

Just two suggestions if applicable.

1. Can we have a 'Quick Reply Hack - firefly' embedded in the forum?

2. Can we have a 'Quick PM Reply Hack' embedded in the PM system?

I know that the site admin will not want to 'hack' the board for future upgrade compatibility issue... so if this is the case, just ignore my two stupid suggestions.

L8er!

Jafo232
05-31-2003, 10:55 AM
If an image file has a name that is a banned word, the forum will insert *** into the image tag, making the pic useless. At least it does it in the preview, didn't see if it actually posts like that.

You may want to check the parse routine and have it ignore img tags.

grandcrusader
06-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Man i am gone for six months and you guys go and change the joint........for the better, the site looks great. Keep up the good work. Now what else is new in this joint!:cool:

Kraft
06-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by grandcrusader
Man i am gone for six months and you guys go and change the joint........for the better, the site looks great. Keep up the good work. Now what else is new in this joint!:cool:

Me. What else do you honestly need? MUHAHAHAHAHAH! :) Welcome back to the site man, sorry you were gone for so long!

grandcrusader
06-22-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

Me. What else do you honestly need? MUHAHAHAHAHAH! :) Welcome back to the site man, sorry you were gone for so long!

What else do i need? A sick bag wouldnt go astray Kraft-XBA after reading your reply! Nah just kidding, its all good, keep up the sarcasm. :D

deltagamer
06-27-2003, 04:29 PM
yeah thats realy cool

DocHoliday78
07-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Not sure what this site used to look like but right now its pretty bad ass

Particleman
07-09-2003, 01:02 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this site