PDA

View Full Version : Great News a/b Counter Strike (XB)

Brevity
04-14-2003, 04:29 PM
I just got my GI in and was reading through it and found all this info and since I don’t see it anywhere here I thought I would share it.

P35 "Tools for standard PCs will be available to the public to create and design mods and maps. Once you complete the project, you submit it to Valve, who will ensure its legit (meaning its not a cheat) and quality. If your creation passes the test, Valve will post it as an available download for Xbox users."

"...online teams to create there own symbol. During matches, each player can spray-paint his or her team's symbol on anything in the environment. ...it heightens the since of camaraderie felt with in communities."

"...networking between teams and other clans will prove cumbersome for players, but only for a short while. Representatives from Microsoft revealed that it didn’t design Live as a static entity. Rather, it too will be enhanced. Although they could not officially elaborate, they shot us a sly smile when questioned regarding the possibility of chat rooms arose, like the PC's IRC."

"Essentially, Xbox owners will receive all of the previous online material, Condition Zero’s single-player content, two new solo missions, exclusive multiplayer maps, significantly improved graphics, and standardization (that is, all gamers are on equal footing, since there’s only one hardware format). … consists of over 20 missions..”

From Q/A part with one of the makers.
Q: “What do you think that the PC version’s biggest flaws are, and did you address these for Xbox?
A: “I think that from a game play perspective, the PC is pretty solid. One of the hardest problems on the PC was our software limitation. We actually couldn’t push as much visual fidelity as we would have liked on the PC. The Xbox version is going to be a lot better because we can guarantee our target. That helps.”

“The exclusive Xbox weapon consists of the Syringe (accessible only through single player) and Machete. Ritual promises it will compensate for its lack of exclusive weapons by adding at least five exclusive multiplayer maps.”

*Sounds great, and you heard it here first.
BREVITY

DZNUTZ
04-14-2003, 04:34 PM
good to hear from ya brev....especially when your bringing fantastic news like this with you!!!!

DDC spray painted everywhere. if ya don't know...ya besta ax sooooomeboooody

Variation-XBA
04-14-2003, 04:36 PM
This is definetly my biggest wants, and this news just made it that much better:)

Cant wait to finally play against non cheaters:)

The submitted levels is an awesome idea, I hope it works well.. :)

PapaSKooT
04-14-2003, 05:43 PM
:eek: wow, im definately picking this up now :eek:

Xtopia
04-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Yeah, that was a great article in GI. I'm pumped about CS!

VeNoMiZA
04-14-2003, 07:42 PM
wow sounds great as hell, :D

Flood
04-14-2003, 09:05 PM
wow....i was sorta interested in this game, now im DEFINETLY gonna pick it up...

the tag thing is a pretty cool idea

Cryogenic Pyro
04-14-2003, 11:31 PM
Meh, I'm so-so on this one. I'd rather not have to pay extra money and just stay for the PC version. After all, anyone can make a map, but not just anyone can add extra weapons to the game. Thanks, but no thanks on this title.

And Venomiza, I've heard that hell isn't that great :D.

LTM360
04-15-2003, 06:49 AM
Well, sounds like I am also getting this. I read this is like the most popular online game, what is so great about it though? It just seemed like an average shooter to me (I havnt played it)?

borka105
04-15-2003, 10:14 AM
what's the projected release date?

thanks

-borka105

JR Alberda
04-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Sounds good, I just hope they do something about the bunny hopping that people do on PC. Should make the guys get tired after a few jumps in a row. I will get it anyway though.

No Fear 23
04-15-2003, 01:54 PM
ahhh, this is some good news. thanks for the post brevity :)

Variation-XBA
04-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by borka105
what's the projected release date?

thanks

-borka105

I cant seem to find a date anywhere....Im guessing they'll mention something at E3

|ROS|Drakon
04-15-2003, 03:46 PM
its sad that some of you dont understand the pc version too much since it is soo big and only getting bigger. i both like and dislike the game, ill just say it still has some bugs to work out. bunny hoppin is gone and has been for awhile. as for the maps, give the PC approx a month or two before they get em. new maps are made every month by hardcore fans. me being a leader of a clan in the game i can say that zero looks like nothing special yet.. maybe even worse if they dont fix some things like shooting someone in the head with a glock 10 times and the guy does not die. i suggest no one gets their hopes up for this one yet.

VeNoMiZA
04-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by |ROS|Drakon
its sad that some of you dont understand the pc version too much since it is soo big and only getting bigger. i both like and dislike the game, ill just say it still has some bugs to work out. bunny hoppin is gone and has been for awhile. as for the maps, give the PC approx a month or two before they get em. new maps are made every month by hardcore fans. me being a leader of a clan in the game i can say that zero looks like nothing special yet.. maybe even worse if they dont fix some things like shooting someone in the head with a glock 10 times and the guy does not die. i suggest no one gets their hopes up for this one yet. rioiiiiiiiiiigh and we will listen to someone with absolute no clue on the game because he hasnt even laid his hands on the box art for the xbox version right?

|ROS|Drakon
04-15-2003, 04:44 PM
its no biggie, ive seen em. doesnt mean it gonna be good. plus i have played CS since it came out. in my opinion.. well lots of people's opinions, games such as Ghost Recon are WAY better since they are way more realistic than CS will ever be. people tend to get sick of CS fast if people are pulling bs headshots and stuff which is very easy to in that game. im just holding my breath for good experienced reason.
:p

VeNoMiZA
04-15-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by |ROS|Drakon
its no biggie, ive seen em. doesnt mean it gonna be good. plus i have played CS since it came out. in my opinion.. well lots of people's opinions, games such as Ghost Recon are WAY better since they are way more realistic than CS will ever be. people tend to get sick of CS fast if people are pulling bs headshots and stuff which is very easy to in that game. im just holding my breath for good experienced reason.
:p meh you :P never know, it seems microsoft is preety serious about passing on glitchesand stuff so i think its gonna pull through nicely.