PDA

View Full Version : Protoss vs. The Convenant

Ford Mustang
04-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Well, who do you guys think would win? Just wondering....It would seem to me that the Protoss would have the upper hand, but from reading about the Covenant in the book Fall of Reach, they sound like they could give the Protoss a run for their money....What do you think? I would certainly rather be chased by an Elite than a Dark Templar...................

Highlite23
04-14-2003, 09:31 PM
That is a GREAT matchup...........I think I would have to agree with you on this one.:)

TheCovenant
04-14-2003, 10:27 PM
seeing as how myname, status, public opinion, and religion are all based upon the covenant......I must say; a hunter will take on an entire platoon of protoss. And covenant would eliminate them like nothing....

this is MY OPINION!

Ford Mustang
04-14-2003, 10:35 PM
You're right, Hunters would put up quite a fight, but I still think they would get ripped....whether it was by a bunch of Zealots or just one Dark Templar.....But it depends...There are some variables...such as Protoss armor and Plasma Shielding being immune to Fuel Rod, and a Hunter's armor plating immune to Psi Blades or Warp Blades

NINE BREAKER
04-14-2003, 11:46 PM
That is a good match. I'd prolly go with the Protoss. They just seem stronger. The Templar abillities would be a huge deciding factor.

VenoM
04-15-2003, 12:17 AM
protoss with all there abilities reserached and upgraded would be too tough for the covenant...the protoss are smarter as well

Reclaimer
04-15-2003, 02:29 AM
What in blue blazes is a Protoss?

NINE BREAKER
04-15-2003, 03:23 AM
Protoss are the humanoid aliens from Blizzards StarCraft.

y2kash_14
04-15-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
What in blue blazes is a Protoss?

a bad-ass race from one of the greatest RTS ever (Starcraft: Brood War)

http://www.ciudadfutura.com/starcraft/Razas/protoss.gif

y2kash_14
04-15-2003, 03:28 AM
the Zerg may stand a chance also.

http://www.ciudadfutura.com/starcraft/Razas/zerg.gif

NINE BREAKER
04-15-2003, 03:30 AM
Well since we are on the subject of who vs who in these two badass games, how about the Zerg and The Flood, they seem to be a good match up. Though the Zerg are more technilogically(sp?) advanced, I believe The Floods overwhelming numbers would prevail.

y2kash_14
04-15-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
Well since we are on the subject of who vs who in these two badass games, how about the Zerg and The Flood, they seem to be a good match up. Though the Zerg are more technilogically(sp?) advanced, I believe The Floods overwhelming numbers would prevail.

the Zerg can come in over-whelming numbers also. Like a barrage of Zerglings.

NINE BREAKER
04-15-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

the Zerg can come in over-whelming numbers also. Like a barrage of Zerglings.

True, but the Zerg are kinda week, individually, those damn Flood just keep getting up.

VenoM
04-15-2003, 04:20 AM
theres no way a mindless flood can take on a zerg...zergs are way more advance

Reclaimer
04-15-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
Protoss are the humanoid aliens from Blizzards StarCraft.

Oh, ok.. I have been informed. Thank you. My money is on the Covenant. Though the Protoss would be a dark horse bet. I'm a gambling man, and I'd stick with who I know.

LongBow
04-15-2003, 07:28 AM
Come on, the Protoss would wip The Covenant a$$. The protoss have the hardware, the Templars, and there just cooler. But a Golden Elite with a saber would be a good match against a Dark Templar

SiGuy
04-15-2003, 10:20 AM
You guys aren't using all of the facts, what about the protoss carrier or the scout? Theres no way the covenant could win. As for the Zerg and the Flood, the Zerg could wipe them out no problem with a single lurker

EHWfedPres
04-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Starcraft is not one of the best rts games ever...its one of the most popular, yes...but best, no.

Ford Mustang
04-15-2003, 01:52 PM
That's funny, because last time I checked, that wasn't the topic of conversation, EHW :)

And you're right about the Carriers, ManoWar, but the Covenant ships in the book wipe out entire planets....

And I never thought about comparing the Golden Elite with the plasma sword to a Dark Templar, that was a good one...

And the Zerg would wipe out the flood because they are intelligent beings, the Flood just walks around aimlessly and kills whatever living thing walks in front of it

SakapuntaS
04-15-2003, 03:12 PM
Hmmm....As to Zerg vs The flood - That would be a funny match - Picture 100 buried lurkers, with 50 guardians behind the lines - Then picture 2000 flood popcorn shrimp mixed with zombie typed flood people running at them, this would be the bloodiest massacre...for the Flood. The popcorn shrimp would die in .002 seconds and the zombie type would die in .004 seconds - Easily predicted - the Zerg would kick the floods ass. Now as to Zerg VS The convenant - Once again Zerg would kick ass. Protoss versus Zerg? Once again Zerg would kick ass - I don't know about yall but being chased by a Dark Templar- which cannot melee attack, only convert etc- wouldnt be THAT scary, id rather get chased by a Dark templar than an Invisable Elite with a one swipe kill Blade......Summary: Zerg owns all.

|ROS|Drakon
04-15-2003, 03:32 PM
ok...... Dark Templar is melee.. its only that. and its psi blades rip apart anything in melee. Dark Temp way worse than Elite. As for Protoss carriers, they also destroy planets. Anyone ever read the StarCraft history???? i mean cmon, Zerg and Protoss would wipe out anything it is placed against. And in StarCraft2 when they are formed into one being.. it will be the perfect being. mauhahahahahahahah! Get Covenent outta here, get the flood outta here, Protoss and Zerg own.. same wit marines for that matter. as for Starcraft being popular, yes very true, and i agree it is not the best rts out there.. it comes no where close to games like AgeOfEmpires, Mythology, or Generals.

JJaX
04-15-2003, 04:58 PM
We know more about the protoss than the covenant.

From what i know, id say the Protoss would kick their ass.

And "the covenant",

A hunter would get his ass handed to him by 3 Zealots.

And whats this golden elite jargon? If your going to compare a dark templer to anything it would be a cloaked elite with the PSI blade. Dark templers are cloaked....

jake mcd
04-15-2003, 05:43 PM
In a strictly melee battle it wouold be a close one but i'd say the covenant would come out on the top, but if you take in to acount the vehicles and ships, then the covenant would be annhilated.

SPARTAN VI
04-15-2003, 05:59 PM
I do know more about the Protoss than I know about the Covenant, in fact, anyone that plays StarCraft and Halo would know more. But honestly, there can be much more to the Covenant than we know that will be revealed in Halo2. But, I doubt with any new technology that is used by the Covenant will tip any war between the two, in the Cov's favor. Afterall, we don't know how a Dragoon's Photon Cannon will react with Covenant shields/armoring, we don't know how well a Carrier can bode against any Covenant Cruiser/Destoyers. You must also know that the Covenant is an alliance between multiple races, like we have allies with other countries under different names(Triple Entente - The Covenant). Assuming that there are identical units on either side, I'll make this assumption:

Protoss.:|:.Covenant
Zealot - Elite swordsman (gold), Hunters, Ghosts/Banshees
Dragoon - Elite -or- Ghosts
Dark Templar - Elite swordsman (cloaked)
High Templar - Prophet?
Dark Archon - a few grunts, ghosts
Archon - 2 Hunters (they're always in pairs)
Reavers - Wraith (Covenant tank), Ghost
Scouts - Banshees
Arbiter - Banshees and cloaked Elite swordsmen (to combat blanketed units by arbiter)
Carrier - Whatever the Covenant Fleets can through at it, possible a carrier of their own

Toonz
04-15-2003, 08:01 PM
hehe Zerg alll the way

y2kash_14
04-15-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Starcraft is not one of the best rts games ever...its one of the most popular, yes...but best, no.

sorry, I was un-aware that you knew more about MY opinon

Ford Mustang
04-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, anyone here who plays StarCraft: Brood War on BattleNet, list your Account Name in here and maybe we can play some games together....

Mine is ST_FoeHammer...

Thanks for any replies...

Make sure you also put what Gateway you play under...lol

SiGuy
04-15-2003, 09:08 PM
I have a burnt copy of the original so I cant play you....dont have a registration code

|ROS|Drakon
04-15-2003, 10:38 PM
i still believe Protoss would own, i mean what race wouldnt after being made *almost* perfect. i gotta say tho.. zerg ownzorz allzorz from experience :)

BroodWar Info:
Almighty_Raisin located in US EAST. just dont call me a hacker when u see my record ;) i play with skill. i now also have a practice record under the name of ROS_Drakon in US WEST

LongBow
04-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Zerg would kill all, with out mercy. Fear the Zerg!

I wonder how a SPARTAN would fair against a few zealots or Dark Templars

How about the Master Chief Vs Zeratul? Hum..
Zeratul is cloaked, but, its easy to kill a cloaked Elite in Halo

That PisBlade of Zeratuls is strong as hell.

Oh and as far as Im concerned, Starcraft is one of the best games. Ever.

Ford Mustang
04-16-2003, 02:51 PM
You're not the only one that thinks it's one of the greatest games...But anyway

True, Zeratul does have the Warp Blade that do alot of damage, and he has a huge plasma shield, so MC would have a tough time fighting him...His best bet would be to run and shoot so he couldn't get hit, because DT aren't that fast...then again, neither is MC...lol

JonTheCanuck
04-16-2003, 06:41 PM
i'd say protoss

ryan123
04-16-2003, 10:31 PM
This is quite an interesting situation you pose. After careful analyzation of both I have come to a conclusion. I would have to assume that the protess would win, however, if they decided to make an alliance with the covenant people would be screwed. There would be a rush to buy alien costumes from all the party and costume suppliers.

Ford Mustang
04-16-2003, 10:36 PM
That is a very interesting outlook on the situation, ryan123...very unique.....lol

More posts!! More posts!!

I just realized I spelled the title of this thread incorrectly....man am I stupid......

SPARTAN VI
04-16-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
That is a very interesting outlook on the situation, ryan123...very unique.....lol

More posts!! More posts!!

I just realized I spelled the title of this thread incorrectly....man am I stupid......

WEEEOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEOOOOOOO

Here come the spelling/grammar police...:eek:

They're about equals, I don't see how any can actually have an advantage over the other. Even though we know more about the Protoss, I doubt they can take on the combined forces of the mixed races that make up the Covenant. The Protoss may however have some technological advantage if they harvest the power of the ancient artifacts that the Xel Naga left behind. The Xel Naga made the Zerg and Protoss, they were/are practically the gods of space, taking advantage of their technology would turn it in the Protoss favor. :]

|ROS|Drakon
04-17-2003, 12:28 AM
coven screwed by protoss or zerg.. end of story. next.... haha

SPARTAN VI
04-17-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by |ROS|Drakon
coven screwed by protoss or zerg.. end of story. next.... haha

The Zerg could hold their own... they've managed to turn a harmless little animal into the killing machine we know as a Hydralisk. I'd hate to see an infested Grunt, Jackal, .... Elite.... Hunter?! :eek: That'd be a site to see... The Flood don't stand a chance, they don't have any structure within their "race", but still, I'd like to see every race go at it. :D

Ford Mustang
04-17-2003, 12:53 PM
That would be awesome...to have one big battle with the Covenant, Terrans, Zerg, Flood, Humans, and Protoss.....That would be nasty....

Now before you say anything about the Terrans being human, the strategy guide says they are our "humanoid cousins" so they are not exactly the same....

|ROS|Drakon
04-17-2003, 02:23 PM
... but tech speaking they are since they are similar in every way lol. its like saying asians are cousins to westerns.. whats the diff? no diff. haha other than they can own us in games such as DOA3.. i cant seem to beat them at it. i dont understand *crumples into a ball and wallows in self pity*

SiGuy
04-17-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

. The Xel Naga made the Zerg and Protoss, they were/are practically the gods of space, taking advantage of their technology would turn it in the Protoss favor. :]
correct me if Im wrong, but aren't the Xel Naga the Protoss ancestors, the same race as the Protoss? I remember that the protoss made the zerg but I didnt understand that part of what you said

|ROS|Drakon
04-17-2003, 04:34 PM
Xel Naga made zerg and protoss. they were highly evolved beings which wanted to create a creature in their image (think of god) but when the protoss (i believe) found out about these beings watching them, they took offense and wiped them out thus ending the existance of the Xel Naga. only reason why the Xel Naga died was cuz they were peaceful and had no weapons to repell the attacks of the protoss.. poor fools.

SPARTAN VI
04-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Xel Naga made zerg and protoss. they were highly evolved beings which wanted to create a creature in their image (think of god) but when the protoss (i believe) found out about these beings watching them, they took offense and wiped them out thus ending the existance of the Xel Naga. only reason why the Xel Naga died was cuz they were peaceful and had no weapons to repell the attacks of the protoss.. poor fools.

The irony! That and the Xel Naga proclaimed the Protoss a failed race, and marvelled at their "perfect" creation, the Zerg. The irony... :eek:

NomadLLama
04-18-2003, 02:17 PM
umm... well starcraft is an old game, so i doubt that i am ruining anyone's fun, but in the end of brood war, you find that Duran is not a terran ghost, and not even a "pawn" for kerrigan, but yet, he is a Xel Naga. You have to beat Zerg mission 9, the one before omega in less then 25 min i think. If you do that, you unlock a secret mission with Zeratul discovering that Duran is a Xel Naga that has mixed the Zerg and the Protoss together to make a hybrid and he has spread the hybrids everywhere so it will be impossible to destroy all of them.

anyways, the protoss is extremely unlike the covenant because the protoss totally get spanked when playing against Terran. Terran heavy metal and Terran Air totally kill toss.

Zergs are more like the flood then anything. If you read the zerg story, then you would know that the original zerg was a parasite that infested the bodies of animals and then totally changed the appearence of the host after a couple generations. And, the zerg has strength in numbers, just like the flood.

Spartan, the perfect race would be the purity of essence and the purity of form combined.. thus, the protoss and the zerg combined would be the perfect race that the Xel Naga were trying tp achieve.

i still play SC (actually got into it about December) and I lead a kinda (edit: newb) clan. Clan MKC pm me if you wanna skool me in that game

|ROS|Drakon
04-19-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by NomadLLama
umm... well starcraft is an old game, so i doubt that i am ruining anyone's fun, but in the end of brood war, you find that Duran is not a terran ghost, and not even a "pawn" for kerrigan, but yet, he is a Xel Naga. You have to beat Zerg mission 9, the one before omega in less then 25 min i think. If you do that, you unlock a secret mission with Zeratul discovering that Duran is a Xel Naga that has mixed the Zerg and the Protoss together to make a hybrid and he has spread the hybrids everywhere so it will be impossible to destroy all of them.

anyways, the protoss is extremely unlike the covenant because the protoss totally get spanked when playing against Terran. Terran heavy metal and Terran Air totally kill toss.

Zergs are more like the flood then anything. If you read the zerg story, then you would know that the original zerg was a parasite that infested the bodies of animals and then totally changed the appearence of the host after a couple generations. And, the zerg has strength in numbers, just like the flood.

Spartan, the perfect race would be the purity of essence and the purity of form combined.. thus, the protoss and the zerg combined would be the perfect race that the Xel Naga were trying tp achieve.

actually it doesnt say he is a Xel Naga at all, he does not even appear to be anything like one from the descriptions of what the race acts and behaves like. and u dont gotta beat it in less than 25 min, u just gotta beat the game.. not difficult. and no the toss dont get "totally spanked" by Terran. any race can get "spanked" in that game, thats just the way they made it. im all three all the time and just cuz im terran and someone is toss, both of us being good doesnt give the other an advantage. and did i not say a zerg and protoss mix would be perfect before? man if your gonna post something at least have it say who u think would win lol. i could have a sc clan but with that game, no point, that just makes me a loser with no future lol. (since rts clans are useless)

NomadLLama
04-19-2003, 10:14 AM

actually it doesnt say he is a Xel Naga at all, he does not even appear to be anything like one from the descriptions of what the race acts and behaves like. and u dont gotta beat it in less than 25 min, u just gotta beat the game.. not difficult. and no the toss dont get "totally spanked" by Terran. any race can get "spanked" in that game, thats just the way they made it. im all three all the time and just cuz im terran and someone is toss, both of us being good doesnt give the other an advantage. and did i not say a zerg and protoss mix would be perfect before? man if your gonna post something at least have it say who u think would win lol. i could have a sc clan but with that game, no point, that just makes me a loser with no future lol. (since rts clans are useless)

It didn't say that Duran was a Xel Naga in his description that he is a Xel Naga... Read it closely though and it says "Few are willing to believe his true, mysterious nature" or something. You don't beat the GAME to get the secret Zeratul mission, you beat the MISSION The Reckoning in brood war, the one before Omega, the very last mission of the game, with 5 minutes left on the counter.

If you do that, you get to do a mission called Dark Origin which is more of a fun mission with Dark Archons, but if you get to the last stasis cell, you hear duran talking about the zerg/protoss hybrid. read the race descriptions and read that the XEL NAGA wanted to mix the Zerg and the Protoss, as did the zerg when the overmind was in command, but the overmind died in the original starcraft and kerrigan had no interest in mixing zerg and protoss. she just wanted full control of her minions and all the zerg. Duran said that he is a servant of something far beyone zeratul's comprehension, and that he was sent to complete a cycle: to form a Zerg/Protoss hybrid. that was the Xel Naga's main intent. read the race descriptions

now, as for the races. i meant 'spanking' as a difficulty to rush (or do you play No Rush games...? LOL!). Try zealot rushing a terran who knows his stuff. you do almost no damage. zealot rushing a zerg does lots of damage (depending on your timing). Now, zergling rushing a terran hurts, especially when the terran didn't choke well or make fast d. You can't ling rush a toss cause when you have 6 lings, the toss has 3 zeals. now for terran, you really cant rush rines cause the walk too slow. By the time you reach their base, if they are zerg, they will have hydras, toss will have dragoons, and if its TVT then he will have tanks.

Plus, terran have an extremely hard time with zerg. Zerg queens, defilers, lurks. Queens take out metal and all ground, defilers provide cover so that the terrans do absolutely no damage, and lurks totally decimate infantry units.

|ROS|Drakon
04-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by NomadLLama

It didn't say that Duran was a Xel Naga in his description that he is a Xel Naga... Read it closely though and it says "Few are willing to believe his true, mysterious nature" or something. You don't beat the GAME to get the secret Zeratul mission, you beat the MISSION The Reckoning in brood war, the one before Omega, the very last mission of the game, with 5 minutes left on the counter.

If you do that, you get to do a mission called Dark Origin which is more of a fun mission with Dark Archons, but if you get to the last stasis cell, you hear duran talking about the zerg/protoss hybrid. read the race descriptions and read that the XEL NAGA wanted to mix the Zerg and the Protoss, as did the zerg when the overmind was in command, but the overmind died in the original starcraft and kerrigan had no interest in mixing zerg and protoss. she just wanted full control of her minions and all the zerg. Duran said that he is a servant of something far beyone zeratul's comprehension, and that he was sent to complete a cycle: to form a Zerg/Protoss hybrid. that was the Xel Naga's main intent. read the race descriptions

now, as for the races. i meant 'spanking' as a difficulty to rush (or do you play No Rush games...? LOL!). Try zealot rushing a terran who knows his stuff. you do almost no damage. zealot rushing a zerg does lots of damage (depending on your timing). Now, zergling rushing a terran hurts, especially when the terran didn't choke well or make fast d. You can't ling rush a toss cause when you have 6 lings, the toss has 3 zeals. now for terran, you really cant rush rines cause the walk too slow. By the time you reach their base, if they are zerg, they will have hydras, toss will have dragoons, and if its TVT then he will have tanks.

Plus, terran have an extremely hard time with zerg. Zerg queens, defilers, lurks. Queens take out metal and all ground, defilers provide cover so that the terrans do absolutely no damage, and lurks totally decimate infantry units.

it really doesnt matter if their are 5 minutes left on the counter, i was at three and it was still good. and all this in game stuff your kinda pullin outta no where seems to me like you don't think i play sc often when in fact i have had it the day it came out. probibly 80% of maps that i play are rush maps. it doesnt matter what you are, u can rush fast and efficently. whether it be toss, zerg, or terran. toss are brutal rushers if they are used properly at the beginning. and from experience, 6 lings are built approx around one to a max of two zealots are built. ling rushes are not intended to kill but rather slow down and pre occupy the enemy. and i already know all the crap about duran and zerg/protoss mix, but i am still weary Duran is a Xel Naga. best not to judge him until sc 2 comes out when we really find out what he is. oh and terran doesn't have a hard time with zerg either unless the guy is a noob. terran are a brutal race in that game and are equally matched with toss and zerg too. why would they make the game side with one or the other? thats just stupid. if u really wanna test out your theory against my experience, go ahead, Almighty_Raisin is my current name in USEast. i play a few nights a week so it shouldnt be hard to get ahold of me.

SPARTAN VI
04-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Alrifght, in the midst of this little argument, we forgot about our buddies, the Covenant. But, feel free to report who wins the duel. :D

NomadLLama
04-19-2003, 02:09 PM

it really doesnt matter if their are 5 minutes left on the counter, i was at three and it was still good. and all this in game stuff your kinda pullin outta no where seems to me like you don't think i play sc often when in fact i have had it the day it came out. probibly 80% of maps that i play are rush maps. it doesnt matter what you are, u can rush fast and efficently. whether it be toss, zerg, or terran. toss are brutal rushers if they are used properly at the beginning. and from experience, 6 lings are built approx around one to a max of two zealots are built. ling rushes are not intended to kill but rather slow down and pre occupy the enemy. and i already know all the crap about duran and zerg/protoss mix, but i am still weary Duran is a Xel Naga. best not to judge him until sc 2 comes out when we really find out what he is. oh and terran doesn't have a hard time with zerg either unless the guy is a noob. terran are a brutal race in that game and are equally matched with toss and zerg too. why would they make the game side with one or the other? thats just stupid. if u really wanna test out your theory against my experience, go ahead, Almighty_Raisin is my current name in USEast. i play a few nights a week so it shouldnt be hard to get ahold of me.

yes, we cannot judge him until sc2, but for now...

on bnet, are you a laddar map player or bgh player? i have had this game since 1999, the stopped after 1 month. came back summer of each year, and started again in winter 2002. but i still suck. plus, the last couple days, over 20 minutes have passed and i have a score of 40,000.. i have been playing like crap.

ill see if i can find you. don't be surprised to find someone named "slaarf" or "MKC]Gen.LLama[" msging you

Ford Mustang
04-20-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks for um....ruining the story :mad: Oh well....too bad

|ROS|Drakon
04-21-2003, 10:48 AM
lol ruining the story? haha if someone hasnt passed the game yet its their own fault lol. ladder maps are waaaaay too slow for me. ill play reg speed in any other game but sc. i used to play BGH until it became the most overplayed map on Bnet. now i play mainly Fastest Possible Map and some other one.

NomadLLama
04-21-2003, 05:27 PM
lol ruining the story? haha if someone hasnt passed the game yet its their own fault lol. ladder maps are waaaaay too slow for me. ill play reg speed in any other game but sc. i used to play BGH until it became the most overplayed map on Bnet. now i play mainly Fastest Possible Map and some other one.

ford_mustang... I apologize for my error in giving away the story... but i remember that this is a 5 year old game that we are talking about... very well, i still hold my apology.

drakon... this is unbelieveable... i cannot believe that you play fastest...LOL! for the other people that are not familiar with starcraft online, there are 3 types of players: 1. Laddar Map players ( they play the way that bliz intended sc to be played as) the laddar map players are the most skillful. the need to expand is great for the resources are scarce. many fights are done because of expansions. the strategy of each map is incredible. 2. Big game hunters players, BGH players play with a "laddar" map that has a mad number of resources in each base, thus killing the need to expand at all. most fights are done just to win, not to expand, and this map doesn't have as much strategic know-how to play. 3. Fastest players. the map: Fastest Possible Map has 50 mineral fields stacked each with 50000 minerals in each field and about 10 vespene geysers each with 50000 gas. These players have no need to expand, and there is no strategic point in that map. A good BGH player and a good Laddar Player is good at Fastest, but the converse of the statement is almost always false, unless the person started with laddar maps and was an expert.

anyone can be a fastest master. many of my clan guys started with that map, then had to go onto the painful change to laddar maps. drakon, the other map you talk of is prolly 3v3NO CLUTTER!
that is probably where you got most of your 100 wins is from fastest. i mean, a rec of 100/10 (roughly) is quite good... Laddar maps are not slow, especially in middle game.. ever watch Boxer play? if you want, msg me when im on, ill sho you a replay of Boxer (number of WG tour and WGC, he is #1 in the world), and you tell me if laddar maps are slow at all.

NomadLLama
04-21-2003, 06:29 PM
sry about double post, but the new xba is extremely slow now.

ford_mustang we should play sometime

look for me:

slaarf (my practice name, i dont care about its rec)
MKC]Gen.LLama[ (my clan name)

all names are on useast.. i have about 20 names on bnet, mainly cause i have a lot of friends, and clan guys. sometimes i jus wanna get away and just play with people that i don't know... oh, and my recs for each name are really decieving, because i spread out my recs for each name equally.

what map do you play ford_mustang? you are BGH or Fastest?

find me on a weekend and ill show you many replays that are "un-f*ked" by the 1.10 patch of Boxer, top sc player of the world.

anyone wanna play, just find me or PM me... chances are that you would kill me :) plz note: i don't play fastest anymore... if i do and someone plays me on that map, plz note that I will rush even if it says NR10 or something... fastest games take forever, especially when the person has about 200 buildings in his base and 200 units with 1000000 mins in his bank and 200000 gas. no game should take more then 1 hour at max

|ROS|Drakon
04-21-2003, 08:29 PM
i started with normal then bgh now im on fastest cuz i love the speed of the games, im a guy who likes games to be nice and sweet. and my rec is about 162-16 :p haha, not that im keeping track or anything. and i HATE... LOATHE.. zero clutter maps, yuck!

NomadLLama
04-21-2003, 09:24 PM
i started with normal then bgh now im on fastest cuz i love the speed of the games, im a guy who likes games to be nice and sweet. and my rec is about 162-16 :p haha, not that im keeping track or anything. and i HATE... LOATHE.. zero clutter maps, yuck!

haha, that i have to agree with you about... I hate no clutter. all you have to do is take center and you are done... another money map to destroy the sc community...

the thing i hate about fastest is that zerg is always top. they totally kill terrans in that map: dark swarm and total ultralisk rush. i could used to ulisk rush in 10 minutes, total max out on fastest... using LT and BGH skillz, i have brought down that time to about 8 minutes... but we always have to wait for techs and derfilers. I totally rush on fastest whenever i play... people get mad at me and ling rush me, they are newbs that didn't know that ling rushes are so easily countered. I say to them to do a rematch, they agree and I do LT and man do they suck...

how many on your rec is from friends and comp stomps?? how about you ford_mustang? i see that your loss is higher then your wins, however you have a nice amount of games on that name..

|ROS|Drakon
04-22-2003, 12:52 AM
friends would be approx 40-50% 2v2 that is, me and my pal against two others. the rest is one on one, i dont play against comps since its no challenge.

NomadLLama
04-23-2003, 09:50 PM
friends would be approx 40-50% 2v2 that is, me and my pal against two others. the rest is one on one, i dont play against comps since its no challenge.

i understand 2v2 on fastest, becuase that is how my buddy and I used to recruit for the clan... we are quite the team... erm, we are quite the team when he chooses to cooperate (i tell him to make hydras for air d, but he goes 400 lings when i do maxed ultras. we won, but he almost died. another time includes him going all rines and the enemy came in a recalled reavers and goons and i had to attack that guy to back him off)... we rarely play fastest anymore tho. more than 70% of fastest players are n00bs. challenge them to LT and they leave in 5 minutes cause of tanks, goons, or lurks.

one question: you actually 1v1 on fastest?! Fastest is more a map for a LOT more people. lots of people lag tho... the sc players lag and have crap comps, cause sc is the only game they can play!! haha, my comp is like that, but the connection isn't

my clan and i play LT now, some BGH too, but bgh players have little skill cause all they do is drop, drop, drop. laddar players understand that the start point is NOT the place to make all of your buildings..

anyone else play, feel free to join in with us. i would like to play different people, despite my skill.. ;)