PDA

View Full Version : Azurik

filby
12-03-2001, 09:01 PM
anyone here playing this great bame?....I am stuck and need help..
ty
Paul

Imported
12-09-2001, 09:10 PM
Im playing it, Im not very far yet.. Only like 2 hours... hehe Two hours to find one single power... I only have water so far ;)

leecow
12-11-2001, 11:54 AM
Picked it up Friday and my son and I have logged a couple hours. I've collected water and fire powers and am wandering around the earth realm now.

I'm very pleased with the game and don't have much in the way of criticism at this point. Something I discovered is that if you "drive" Azurik like you do the Warthog in Halo the camera becomes more of a directional control than a "view".

Tazilla
12-11-2001, 03:57 PM
This is a great game,... I got it yesterday,.. and played it all night long,.. till the sun came up,...

LOL,.. I drive Az like a warthog too,... the camera is awesome to me,...

Imported
12-11-2001, 04:36 PM
I do also, its nice to see where your going. :)

Tazilla
12-11-2001, 05:14 PM
I use the Camera like That during exploration,.. and bring it a bit behind Azurik,.. so I'm looking forward, while I'm trveling around the landscape,..

Then I hit the right trigger when I begin to fight,...

I like the controlls a lot,...

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 04:10 PM
Taz...man, you just mentioned the exact technique that I use...excellent. Great beer minds think alike :D

redrum237
12-13-2001, 03:29 PM
I have read this game plays alot like zelda, is that true? I enjoyed Zelda alot but i dont no if i want that type of game anymore

Tazilla
12-13-2001, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Taz...man, you just mentioned the exact technique that I use...excellent. Great beer minds think alike :D

Indeed they do,.. I found the controlls very intuitive after about five minutes,...

all the negativity that I see on the forums around the net,... is unfounded in my opinion,.. but to each his own,...

This game has taken over most of my gaming time lately,... I find myself pondering over situations from the previous gaming session, and going over the puzzles in my head, only to get back into the game,.. and find that I have solved the the problem that was torturing me, only hours before,...

I have spread the word to a few of my gaming friends,.. and they too will be inticed by Azurik's realm of Perathia.

I just wish I could find a Beer stand or two to replenish my health from time to time while playing the game,.. especially after a tough hard fight,...

Tazilla
12-13-2001, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by redrum237
I have read this game plays alot like zelda, is that true? I enjoyed Zelda alot but i dont no if i want that type of game anymore

I wouldn't say that,...

but I will say,.. that it reminds me of the first time I ever played Zelda,... the exploration,.. the puzzle solving,... Zelda was very unique back in the day,...

This game will give you that same felling,...

Very good game,.. The Sleeper hit of the year in my opinion.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I really like Azurik, too...it really does occupy a lot of your gaming time...it's one of those games that makes you think...very challenging and the levels are absolutely HUGE! There is a lot of exploration like there is in Zelda, however, there is a hell of a lot more fighting. I also think the graphics kick the crap out of Zelda, in my opinion.

The best way to describe this game from a "feeling" standpoint is that it is frusteratingly fun! lol

MadDawg276
12-24-2001, 11:48 AM
Azurik not a strategy game

Tazilla
12-24-2001, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by MadDawg276
Azurik not a strategy game

wha?

Azurik is an action/adventure game that requires a lot of puzzle solving and strategies

leecow
12-24-2001, 03:08 PM
I would agree that it's really not a strategy game, tactical perhaps. All successful gaming require some strategies to play but some, Age of Empires for example, require extensive strategies than run through large portions of a given campaign.

Nato King
01-28-2002, 03:22 PM
I have been playing Azurik for over 40 hours and this game is still going I love this game. I was in a jam but I got out. I have a walkthrough if anybody wants it. All you have to do is e-mail me and I will give it to them.

GRAVEDIGGER
02-05-2002, 09:07 PM
I might be new here and i'm not trying to diss anyone already, but seriously...Azurik? What's so great about this game, i have played it over and over on demo disk NO 3#, and basicly i cant stomach this game. Dont get me wrong, the game looks great but the sound is flat and boring, and when you have to do things like find a switch in the middle of a friggin mist, then you realize just how real the XBOX grahics can be!:eek:

But on the other hand, i would like to know why you guys like this game because i have tried not to get annoyed by it so many times and to no avail! So could someone please give me a brief opinion summary of why you personally bought this game.

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

WynnFire
02-10-2002, 01:21 AM
Hey Gravedigger, I played the Demo and absolutely hated it. I bought the game used and love it. The only reason I can think of, of why I hated the demo was because you already have all the powers. I love finding the powers and seeing how big the game really is. Plus, no load times and it's fun but puzzling. I can tell you that I don't normally like games like this. I traded in Oddworld for this game and I haven't had any regrets.

Afro_Boy
02-17-2002, 11:30 PM
in my opinion Azurik is fun. But with out the guide i think it would be pretty close to impossible. Kinda like Halo on legendary...heh. But i havent played this game lately but i think ill start playing it now that wrestling seasons over...woohoo. Any way i definately you either steal or buy the guide if you have or are getting the game.:eek:

fear_this
02-18-2002, 12:51 AM
Actually, I dont really like the game. I have it on a demo and its kinda stupid. :(

Cottrau
02-23-2002, 09:01 PM
i thought that the game was great.. not the best action adventure i'd ever played, but great none the less. I, too, played the OXM demo and thought it was absolute crap... and that it does the game no justice. if you want to talk to one of the developers and producers of the game.. you can do so via this section at xboxclubhouse.

http://www.xboxclubhouse.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=58

xbox own$ j00.

Nato King
02-23-2002, 10:14 PM
You guys got to give this game a chance if you don't want to buy it just rent it and you will see what you are missing. The game is very good and you will be hooked on it as soon as you get it you can have my word on that. Give it a chance.

GRAVEDIGGER
02-24-2002, 09:29 PM
Aight ya'll boys, thanx for your opinions, i'll definately give this game a fair chance and go rent it on tuesday or so. And thanx again for your opinions:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

jhbyers3
03-03-2002, 01:31 PM
Help needed. Call me stupid, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the disks in the waterworld you enter through the Tusks. Also, after I ride that boat on a rope, I get to the very bottom and get ambushed by everything the game has to offer until that point. Where do I go? Thanks for any help you can give. Should I just get the guide?

MDD
03-05-2002, 07:35 PM
This isn't exactly a reply to this post, but it involves Azurik, so I thought it might be OK to post here.

I'm wondering if someone can, PLEASE, post the names of the various elemental power combinations. I think my nephew lost the guidebook that came with Azurik. Example:

Water = Water Blade
Fire = Fire Shield
Water + Fire = Steam Blade, etc.

I just recently got my earth power, so, for the first time, I have the full range of possible elemental combinations to choose from. I know I can use the Back button to pull up that screen that shows the combos, but the names aren't given for the resultant elemental power. Like I know that doing this one combo makes some kind of green blade, but what is that? Is that that "acid blade" thing? I think I need that, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.

World
03-06-2002, 06:46 PM
Not reply to the previous post but here is my perspective. I was looking forth to getting a new games, Azurik. Here is the end: I am desperate wanting to sell it. Here is goes: Like said before, I wanted to get a new game, and I though of getting a new xbox game. I heard if Azurik and decided to go get it. I played it and liked it, and I loved it. I had dreams to play it. Then one day I realized I had all 4 elements in less than a week! That's kinda DUMB gameplay. The enemies are easy since you can get the elements so fast. You get them all at the beginning of the game and then you go around in circles for a long time, and travel back and forth, back and forth to previous places. I don't to sell it because I got it so soon, but here is an example of the gameplay, I got Water and Fire in 1 day! The next day I got Air and I hadn't even got to the part where you is supposed to get it! I mean, you can skip MAJOR parts of the game and get elements to make it easier to finish where you are suppoed to be! Tisk, Tisk, Tisk, bigger disappointent then DOA3 or Luigi's Mansion.

scavenger
03-07-2002, 09:15 AM
I dont know what u guys can find interesting about this game.

I have played it for 3 hours, maybe this wasnt enought.
I think theres nothing new, we must follow a kind of trail, kill ennemies on our way and pick up some nasty things. I dont know about you, but i need something innovative for loving this kind of game. I admit theses points : Good graphix, Good sound.

I respect your opinion, just want to give mine. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My english is horrible. Sorry.

PBZ_RULES
03-18-2002, 10:20 PM
:mad: :o :( ....... MAN AZURIK SUCKS @$$!!!!!!

y2kash_14
03-19-2002, 08:48 PM
:mad: :o :(....... MAN AZURIK SUCKS @$$!!!!!!

PBZ, Shut up, you dont even have a Xbox, and you havn't played Azurik either, only the demo.