PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry guys but....

SakapuntaS
04-15-2003, 03:04 PM
I'm borrowing my friends ps2 this weekend so I can play GTA3 Vice city =))))))):p

Call me a traitor - cast me into the pits of ..traitorem (:confused: )...but all my xbox has been doing for me lately is freezing like every 20 minutes in Morrowind - it deserves to be temporarily replaced...shame on xbox...

CarGuy
04-15-2003, 03:08 PM
My PS2 is collecting dust. I havent played it in at least a month.

|ROS|Drakon
04-15-2003, 03:35 PM
so what if your borrowing a PSII, i borrow my friends for FFX, no big deal. all i can say is if u got Xbox and PSII, you cant go wrong. then u got the best of both worlds! :) but as for my intrest level between the two, its all for xbox.

Variation-XBA
04-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Got too bored of Vice City to beat it, and only reason Ive been using my ps2 alot is cause EQ :)

MerimacHamwich
04-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by SakapuntaS
I'm borrowing my friends ps2 this weekend so I can play GTA3 Vice city =))))))):p

Call me a traitor - cast me into the pits of ..traitorem (:confused: )...but all my xbox has been doing for me lately is freezing like every 20 minutes in Morrowind - it deserves to be temporarily replaced...shame on xbox...
Yes, shame on Microsofts product, the Xbox, for reading software that freezes. Yeah, the software is the problem but dam-ning the hardware will be the solution.
:rolleyes:

LTM360
04-15-2003, 04:32 PM
I'm borrowing my friends ps2...
That doesnt bother me....

this weekend so I can play GTA3 Vice city =))))))):p

THAT BOTHERS ME.

Now if you were borrowing the PS2 for, I dunno, maybe a game worth wasting 1 second of your life on...Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry (1), Xenosaga, or Hot Shots Golf 3 (theres more) then I wouldn't care.

If I could choose 2 of the following games Aydin Chronicles, Superman 64, and Vice City, I would pick the first 2, Vice City is so overrated, its so easy. This game ticked me off so bad, I even went to the point of selling my PS2 cause how ticked I was, I couldn't have made a smarter choice. I consider it a sin to even look at a box of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, I consider it a sin to even type that godforsaken name. This game is utter trash, there is no way in hell I could possibly tell you how bad this game is, every PS2 fanboy rants about this game, every magazine I've seen rants about it, I honestly would goto the point of saying "This is the worst game ever made!" I will never see why this came out...[thinks for 2 seconds], Well never mind, I figured it out, so Rockstar could make more money, thats IT!

I find it very hard to imagine that a game (GTA3) that the company didnt think would sell at all, and they put almost no effort into it, it was such an awesome game. But they put "effort" (if you want to call it that), into a game, that they KNOW will sell millions, and it sucks so bad. If this terrible game came out for Xbox, I dont know what I'd do. Thank god its not. Rockstar, I do not hate you, but I do hate your greed.

Max Payne 2, and Midnight Club 2, better be the best games ever, because you otherwise, could never make up for how bad of a game you released October 29th, 2002.

October 29 (Bought Vice City) - October 30 (Last Time I played it).

TegSkywalker
04-15-2003, 06:07 PM

I owned Morrowind and never had the game lock up on me.

Btw, its the software makers fault not Microsoft if the game has issues.

canadianboi3
04-15-2003, 06:24 PM
OMG! Traitor. Seriously, who cares lol. Vice City was SOOO easy in my opinion. I beat it in one weekend at my friends. It is fun though.

Highlite23
04-15-2003, 06:33 PM
All i can say is, after i won my PS2 about a month or so ago, i did get GTAVC, just to find out all the hub-bub............

I played for about 3 hrs and returned it. I really don't get the hype about this game. But hey, find out for yourself my friend, it may work for you.:)

EHWfedPres
04-15-2003, 07:15 PM
Vice City would have been cool if it wasnt just GTA3 is a different spot...got boring WAY too fast (maybe because it had people doig the same stuff over again).

Buccaneer21
04-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Don't go to the PS2, don't look into the light lol.:D

FuNkY mOnK
04-15-2003, 08:03 PM
so what you borrowed a ps2, next.

SiGuy
04-15-2003, 08:38 PM
Just cause this is an Xbox forum it doesnt mean that its illegal for you to own a Ps2. Anybody who can seriously be ofended by this should be beaten. GTAVC was an awesome game imo....not every game is for everybody.

XBX_Junior_XBX
04-15-2003, 09:39 PM
Yep it seems that everybody has this problem with Morrowind. The only problem is that I never had a single one. Never froze up on me or anything, and if it did I don't think I never noticed. Now about the ps2 dust problem CarGuy, what you should do is get a small vacuum and suck the dust from the fans and the little grills located in the front. That way the air will go in and out easily. That's what I did and I haven't heard that little annoying noise that makes the cd spin and the fan on the back too. Another tip for you is to try to keep it cooler in a nice place. I hope this helps you man!!

thunderkiss2k1
04-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Number one: The only thing I would borrow a Ps2 for is as a doorstop. Number two: My copy of Morrowind never locked up on me. Peace.

MerimacHamwich
04-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Finally, other Morrowind lovers who never had a problem. It seemed like I was the only one who has never had troubles with that masterpiece of a game. I guess you guys were just to busy playing the game to post about it.
:)

TheJackal
04-15-2003, 11:47 PM
My copy of Morrowind did froze up on me several times, but it seemed like it was on a particular area of the game. So what I did was try to get out of that area as fast as I could (and save constantly), so when the game froze up again, I would just load up the save file and continue my mission of getting out af that forsaken place. And when I was long gone, the problems were gone too. But I had another problem, way more weird than just freezing up. A person on the world...Dissapeared! It was that Khajit girl named Anhassi, the one that tells you secrets. One day, when I went to the bar to talk to her(because I finished a quest she gave me), she was gone! She was not in the bar, not in her house..Nowhere! Does anybody knows anything about this!?

ARONO129
04-16-2003, 12:02 AM
I hope Xbox gets Grand Theft Auto III or VC. That would be awesome.

Reclaimer
04-16-2003, 12:47 AM
Well, I guess I'm a traitor too, because I did the same thing. We switched consoles so he could play Conflict Desert Storm, and I could play GTA VC.
I still love the xbox though.

Felon's Ghost
04-16-2003, 01:18 AM
only reason Ive been using my ps2 alot is cause EQ

God thats sad....break down and buy the PC version.

Variation-XBA
04-16-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by ARONO129

They wont, for a long time, Rockstar has a contract.

Originally posted by Felon's Ghost

God thats sad....break down and buy the PC version.

Played PC for 3 years, got boring once you have and did everything.

Many many things are better about OA than PC...other way around too :P Why its sad? hrm...

Felon's Ghost
04-16-2003, 01:40 AM
Played PC for 3 years, got boring once you have and did everything.

Sony/VE on average release 1 expansion a year with that alone it is impossible for you to have done everything, unless you were in a guild such as Fires of Heaven and they cant even do everything there is. Trust me there is more content on the PC version than there ever will be for the PS2 version.

CarGuy
04-16-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by XBX_Junior_XBX
Now about the ps2 dust problem CarGuy, what you should do is get a small vacuum and suck the dust from the fans and the little grills located in the front. That way the air will go in and out easily. That's what I did and I haven't heard that little annoying noise that makes the cd spin and the fan on the back too. Another tip for you is to try to keep it cooler in a nice place. I hope this helps you man!!

Oh, thanks! I just meant "it's collecting dust" as a figure of speach. I don't play it much anymore...:p

jabrre
04-16-2003, 01:36 PM

A better solution would be if there was a exclusive Grand Theft Auto only for the XBOX. A port of the GTA game 3 or VC would be nothing more than a yawn, IMHO. The exclusive version would have to make people buy the XBOX, just like Halo. Its gotta make the masses buy the system.

It would be fantastic if XBOX would have such a game besides Halo that would make another 4 or 5 or maybe 6 million systems get into the hands of buyers in the USA alone.

Kortiz
04-16-2003, 03:26 PM
im starting to miss EQ....i haven't played EQ in like 3 months now. I miss KC and i miss Velks and i want to get to 65.....hell i miss my old stomping grounds in Cabilis.....I miss my Guild.

Oh well, I may start back during the summer...*shrug*

ARONO129
04-16-2003, 09:05 PM

Today I was talking to a coworker who doesn't own a console (so not a "fanboy"). He just plays PC games but he was commenting on people he knows including people at my work that own PS2's and their PS2's have become defective after the first and close to the second year.

So shame on the PS2 as well.

SakapuntaS
04-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Ok first of all this wasn't ment to offend anyone, and second of all it wasnt ment to be analyzed line by line. And when I said all my xbox is doing for me is freezing (playing morrowind) THAT IS WHAT ITS DOING. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF ITS THE SOFTWARE OR THE HARDWARE. Thank you for your time. I plan on recieving a full post examination from one of you shortly.

MerimacHamwich
04-17-2003, 02:59 PM
Indeed. Are arguments are still valid and there is no way you can correct your past mistake. Blaming a console producer for faulty software developed, produced and shipped by completely different companies is wrongin everyway concievable.

SakapuntaS, I hate you, how come you gassed the kurds in Iraq?

Catch my drift?

SakapuntaS
04-17-2003, 06:11 PM
I'm not blaming microsoft - and im not blaiming Bethesda - I simply said my xbox is freezing every 20 minutes - which it is. That si the only game Im playing right now, *was playing*, therefore - all my xbox was doing for me was freezing. Mericmac or whatever the hell your name is, please go get a life instead of trying to pick fights on forums/ trying to find flaws in peoples posts/ trying to make yourself feel smart by cutting others down. Its stupid ass fanboys like you that make it not enjoyable to talk about games on forums. Have a nice day.

ARONO129
04-18-2003, 04:44 PM
I'm not blaming microsoft - and im not blaiming Bethesda - I simply said my xbox is freezing every 20 minutes - which it is. That si the only game Im playing right now, *was playing*, therefore - all my xbox was doing for me was freezing. Mericmac or whatever the hell your name is, please go get a life instead of trying to pick fights on forums/ trying to find flaws in peoples posts/ trying to make yourself feel smart by cutting others down. Its stupid ass fanboys like you that make it not enjoyable to talk about games on forums. Have a nice day.

Just one question. When you say "it's stupid ass fanboys like you..." it sure seems like YOU are trying to make yourself look smart by cutting him down. Look up the word "hypocrisy" in the dictionary.

BTW Since you only have like 6 posts here allow me to welcome you to XBA. (I can see that you can make friends on your own though).

kornavs19
04-18-2003, 06:41 PM
Who cares..You didnt have to announce that..
Is it true though that if u use codes to beat the game that its impossible to beat..Like the makers made it so if u use a code/cheat then u can never finish the game, i geuuss it would just stop levels and u can run around and kill people..?
Cause thats what i heard

ARONO129
04-18-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23
Who cares..You didnt have to announce that..
Is it true though that if u use codes to beat the game that its impossible to beat..Like the makers made it so if u use a code/cheat then u can never finish the game, i geuuss it would just stop levels and u can run around and kill people..?
Cause thats what i heard

?????

SakapuntaS
04-19-2003, 05:19 PM
Thats funny Arono- Your trying to act like your some badass for having over 700 posts- and me only having a few - In response to that, I suggest you look how long you have been a member of this site, then look at how long Ive been a member. Secondly, I didnt register on the site until I finally had to ask a question that I couldnt find, which was months after I had originally started browsing the forums. Some people like to just read through the forums, try to find news , rather than trying to accumulate massive amounts of posts so they can be "badass's" and "cool" like you, maybe b/c one day you think thats actually going to get you a girlfriend, I'm sorry Arono, but you are far from being right.

P.S. Its still making laugh that you were bragging about how many posts you have - dissing on others because of lack of posts- lol....its people like you that keep me coming back to the forums...theres always a good laugh to be had...

ARONO129
04-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Thats funny Arono- Your trying to act like your some badass for having over 700 posts- and me only having a few - In response to that, I suggest you look how long you have been a member of this site, then look at how long Ive been a member. Secondly, I didnt register on the site until I finally had to ask a question that I couldnt find, which was months after I had originally started browsing the forums. Some people like to just read through the forums, try to find news , rather than trying to accumulate massive amounts of posts so they can be "badass's" and "cool" like you, maybe b/c one day you think thats actually going to get you a girlfriend, I'm sorry Arono, but you are far from being right.

P.S. Its still making laugh that you were bragging about how many posts you have - dissing on others because of lack of posts- lol....its people like you that keep me coming back to the forums...theres always a good laugh to be had...

Actually you are wrong again but you are probably used to that. I wasn't bragging about my post count at all. Read my reply or get help to do so. It's just that you called another member a "stupid ass fanboy" and you just got here.

I hope I don't ever have a girlfriend because I'm happily married to a very attractive Latina lady who looks like she could and should be a model so a girlfriend is not needed or wanted. Do you know a lot about women or are you still doing the five knuckle shuffle? Looks like you're the good laugh around here.

Again where did I brag about MY post count. Provide the link or take a seat son.

Hmmm. Reads the part under your name where it says "noob" and "masturbator". That explains alot. Your family must be very proud of you.

Snake Eyez
04-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Another member that is relatively new and already starting fights.

ARONO129
04-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Snake Eyez
Another member that is relatively new and already starting fights.

Yup and the new kid was insulting another member whom I respect but he just seemed too hypocritical and rude.

# 1 Stunner
04-19-2003, 10:00 PM
man whats wrong witcho guys,i found vice city entertaing....nothingn like choppin a guy up wit a chainsaw..:D

SPARTAN VI
04-19-2003, 10:44 PM

Yup and the new kid was insulting another member whom I respect but he just seemed too hypocritical and rude.

Seriously dude, if you didn't say it, then I would. No one talks to Merimac Ham that way. ;)

SakapuntaS
04-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Since when is being a member since September "new" - I don't post because I know I can find the answers on either other threads or other websites. I'm not posting to make friends with other people, because fortunately I have friends in real life. Now some of you, which it seems obvious to me, are fine with only having cyber friends, and thats totally cool, I mean whatever floats your boat. This is the only site I go to for my xbox stuff - I am in no way new, and even if i was, who cares. You guys that have the big badass post counts are acting like you have more authority / rights than I do for having a little post count. I mean seriously, how ridiculous is that. Its like in high school, when the bigger kids would pick on the small geeky nerds...Maybe some of you still have some anger built up inside about your past, and given the opportunity, you would bully some1 else....even if it is on a website.......I don't know, you guys are still really funny. I'm just waiting for someone to call me a newbie or something, b/c in my views - the higher the post count, the less of a life you have.

SakapuntaS
04-19-2003, 11:54 PM
I dont know how to do the quote thing but...

Mermimac-
"Indeed. Are arguments are still valid and there is no way you can correct your past mistake. Blaming a console producer for faulty software developed, produced and shipped by completely different companies is wrongin everyway concievable.

SakapuntaS, I hate you, how come you gassed the kurds in Iraq?

Catch my drift?"

I just read that and all I have to say is "LOL". Read what the hell you just wrote, read it out loud, and then i will tell you i dont give a sh**. Looking at the way you wrote that reply, it looks to me like you're trying to prove something to somebody. In response to that, Maybe the lack of balls you have in real life, you try to make up for them on a computer where no can physically retaliate. Get a life dude.

Viper87227
04-20-2003, 12:09 AM
who cares?:confused:

Hopefully this thread has a closed in its future becuase its a pointless flame war now and is nver going to turn into anything but a bigger flam war

MerimacHamwich
04-20-2003, 12:23 AM
Actually, most intillectuals prefer not to solve conflicts with "physicality" like you. In fact, they find ways to solve their problems with words. Ofcourse the reasoning behind it is that those who resort to "physicality" are usually on the dying end of the Darwin spectrum. They haven't changed from mans original form and ways. Evolution and change is the way of the world. Man has gone from needing to be physically superior to needing to be intillectually superior. Ofcourse, you have proven yourself to be intilletcually inferior so I don't suppose you will ever understand this post. Kind of like how you never understood my previous posts. I even thought I was using lamen's terms.

I guess any sort of person with an intelligence level above yours (seemingly anyone and everyone.) makes you scared and angry. So you resort to the only defense you have, petty name calling and "virtual" insulting. You know, the kind of insulting that makes no sense at all seeing as you know nothing about that persons life. Then you try to back up your pathetic attempts at justifying your stupidity by threatening my and other peoples person. Once again, proving that you are one of an inferior and dying species.

That is why intillectuals perfer to come to places of dicussion, so that we don't have to deal with people like you. People who have very little intelligence if any at all. People who childishly think that personal attacks are the only way to solve problems. So please, leave now. The level of intelligence of this thread is at fatally low levels.

Ofcourse, I appreciate all of the support from my fellow members.

BigJosh359
04-20-2003, 12:23 AM
I wouldnt place blame on the console itself unless there is something physically wrong with it. Maybe on the publisher or developer or the DVD itself.

People take their Xboxing 'round here seriously. To say "shame on xbox", wrong thing to say. Make your opening point more clear.

Shame on all the flammers in here, yall should know better than this. :mad:

SakapuntaS
04-20-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I even thought I was using lamen's terms.

I guess any sort of person with an intelligence level above yours (seemingly anyone and everyone.) makes you scared and angry. So you resort to the only defense you have, petty name calling and "virtual" insulting. You know, the kind of insulting that makes no sense at all seeing as you know nothing about that persons life. Then you try to back up your pathetic attempts at justifying your stupidity by threatening my and other peoples person. Once again, proving that you are one of an inferior and dying species.
[/B]

Can we say hypocrit? If you don't label that as "insulting" then YOU are the one lacking the progressive genes. Look at yourself, get off your chair, walk to a mirror, look at yourself, and then come back to reality. I don't know how long that took you to post that, but however it took was a waisted part of your life. You are not an intellectual as you claim, you are blatantly ignorant. That whole previous post, was you bragging about how much of an intellectual you are and you attempting to insult me- words can't describe the pity I have for you.

SPARTAN VI
04-20-2003, 01:33 AM

Can we say hypocrit? If you don't label that as "insulting" then YOU are the one lacking the progressive genes. Look at yourself, get off your chair, walk to a mirror, look at yourself, and then come back to reality. I don't know how long that took you to post that, but however it took was a waisted part of your life. You are not an intellectual as you claim, you are blatantly ignorant. That whole previous post, was you bragging about how much of an intellectual you are and you attempting to insult me- words can't describe the pity I have for you.

Dude! Chill! The post you're wailling about isn't even insulting, nor is it hard to understand! I don't know what happened to you when you woke up today, or if you even had any sleep, but you really need to cool it.

Viper87227
04-20-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Actually, most intillectuals prefer not to solve conflicts with "physicality" like you. In fact, they find ways to solve their problems with words. Ofcourse the reasoning behind it is that those who resort to "physicality" are usually on the dying end of the Darwin spectrum. They haven't changed from mans original form and ways. Evolution and change is the way of the world. Man has gone from needing to be physically superior to needing to be intillectually superior. Ofcourse, you have proven yourself to be intilletcually inferior so I don't suppose you will ever understand this post. Kind of like how you never understood my previous posts. I even thought I was using lamen's terms.

That is why intillectuals perfer to come to places of dicussion, so that we don't have to deal with people like you. People who have very little intelligence if any at all. People who childishly think that personal attacks are the only way to solve problems. So please, leave now. The level of intelligence of this thread is at fatally low levels.

Ofcourse, I appreciate all of the support from my fellow members.

damn dude, that wasnt very nice. MY brain is gunna hurt for weeks. There was just to many big words and smart thoughs in that post :p

Snake Eyez
04-20-2003, 12:02 PM
Who is Josh-XBA? I've never seen him post before.

Viper87227
04-20-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Snake Eyez
Who is Josh-XBA? I've never seen him post before.

He is currently the contest host for the giveaway. If you go to the XBA chat room he is there quite alot

Insane Jester
04-21-2003, 06:40 AM
i gave my ps2 to my little bro .. but i dont think youre a traitor..