PDA

View Full Version : Burnout 2

Recon
04-15-2003, 04:29 PM
New and exclusive content for Xbox™ version:

* Increased polygon count on ALL player cars – utilizing the extra graphical power available on the Xbox – vehicles have more than twice the detail than in the PS2 version.

* Custom soundtracks option – this allows you to create your own Burnout 2 soundtrack, choosing the specially composed original music for Burnout 2 – or any of your own music you’ve stored on the Xbox hard disk.

* 15 additional Crash mode junctions – the world’s favourite Burnout mode just got bigger. The ‘Crash for Cash’ mode is now bigger and better, with 15 brand new dangerous Crash junctions.

* Extra decal sets available for all Custom Series cars – Four additional custom decal sets are selectable for all CS vehicles e.g. ‘Red Dragon’ and ‘Union Jack’ decal sets only available in Xbox version.

* A wealth of gameplay tweaks and visual enhancements.

* 60 frames per second in single and 2 player modes ( Xbox only ).

* Real-time cubic environment mapping – all vehicles reflect the game world making the vehicles look much more realistic.

* For the Custom Series vehicles (so there are some Xbox exclusive cars in there), and we have statistics-only support for Xbox LIVE. Also, we've included a custom soundtrack option so Xbox owners can race to their own choice of music, plus the 'boost increase' still works even with your own music playing. Plus we have the 16:9 widescreen mode, 50/60hz options (for PAL gamers), and progressive scan (480p) for NTSC HDTV.

-Standard features-

* In-game real-time Dolby Digital 5.1 audio – experience Burnout 2 like never before. Dolby Digital 5.1 provides the ultimate Burnout 2 experience. Feel the roar of the traffic as 5.1 discrete channels of surround sound give the most exciting and entertaining racing experience yet.

* Crashes are bigger, badder, and more heart-stopping than any seen before: Vehicles deform and car parts fly across the highway!

* New Custom Series Mode that allows you to race modified vehicles complete with body kits and decals.

* Six new United States themed locations, including Miami, Los Angeles, The Rocky Mountains, New Mexico and a busy international airport.

* Thirty new stages to drive with fourteen all-new vehicles – over 600 miles of challenges and courses to complete the game.

* Secret vehicles to unlock including police cars, 1950's hotrods and stock cars.

* Realistic weather effects, such as snow, rain and fog.

* All-new points-based championship gameplay structure.

* All new boost system - vehicles can now get air and earn boosts by jumping.

* Intelligent traffic system, featuring three distinct types of driver behaviours.

* All-new Pursuit races allow players to race a police car and ram opponents off the road.

* Xbox Live hi-score table support – Compare your Burnout 2 skills with the best Burnout players in the world and your friends.

* Over sixty online leader boards including best time on each track, highest scores in Crash Mode and other Burnout 2 statistics.

Technical Features:

* Totally new graphics engine
* Advanced lighting effects such as Bloom Lighting: highlights reflect off of windshields and metal exactly as in real-life.
* Significant increases in polygon count and texture size.
* True specular reflections with specular mapping and true specular lighting with specular mapping on all surfaces.
* Reflective surfaces.
* Specular bloom effects for ultra-realistic specular lighting and halos.
* Anti-aliasing and flicker filtering.
* HDTV (480p) support on NTSC version
* Enhanced traffic system supporting complex intelligent behaviours.
* State-of-the-art CPU opponent AI with advanced humanistic spatial awareness.
* Enhanced engine audio model including real-time distortion processing.
* Dynamically mixed context-sensitive audio streaming.
* Non-interrupt-driven texture upload system for higher performance.
* Enhanced instance rendering.
* Enhanced streaming technology.

:D

EHWfedPres
04-16-2003, 09:29 PM
sounds cool. ill wait until it goes down to about 20 bucks though because the crash mode is all i want to play really.

Recon
04-17-2003, 06:07 PM
Well i wouldn't count on this title going down anytime soon.
It's massive and has alot to offer , including tight gameplay and killer graphics.
think you'll be waiting a while.......Come on April 29th !!! :D

HaloPlaya
04-23-2003, 05:29 PM
So when exactly does it come out? And how many players can play in multiplayer mode?

Xbox Owner
05-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by HaloPlaya
So when exactly does it come out? And how many players can play in multiplayer mode?

It's already out. And I don't know, check it out, I'm guessing four?

studepaber
05-02-2003, 10:31 PM
Just got this game today and all I have to say issss... IT BLOWS BURNOUT 1 AWAY! Sound is alot better, crashes are MUCH MUCH better and you don't crash in stupid situations anymore. Graphics are greatly improved over the first version. I must admit I wasn't sure about this one after having played and completely hated the first Burnout. This may be the best arcade racer I've played (yes better than PGR) (also notice I said arcade and not simulation racer). The sense of speed in this game is incredible and the game doesn't slow down a bit.

Oh and there's only two player multiplayer unfortunately.

SoundX
05-04-2003, 06:12 AM
This game is gonna kickass, I love the PS2 version and with all these improvements, the Xbox version will be amazing.

I heard that you can't save crashes in Burnout 2, is that true? :watchout: