PDA

View Full Version : X box crash???

Von Sturmgeist
04-15-2003, 05:11 PM
I read a message on the forum from a guy who says he was playing Morrowind and his x box was frezzing every 20 minutes or so. You know I was playing Mist III yesterday and I noticed it took more time between transitions than it usually did and the same thing also happened with splinter cell a couple of days ago what's up with that??? are we dealing here with a Windowslike software error????

Highlite23
04-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Try cleaning your xbox.........

Compressed air or even a lens cleaner (dual type)

XBX_Junior_XBX
04-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Yep he is right, try to clean your xbox inside, maybe it will help!: P

LongBow
04-16-2003, 02:15 PM
Morrowind is notorious for frezzing. Mine dose a lot, but only in Ghost gate, for reasons that baffle me.:confused:

Shadow20002
04-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by LongBow
Morrowind is notorious for frezzing. Mine dose a lot, but only in Ghost gate, for reasons that baffle me.:confused:

Not only on Ghost Gate but randomly crash everywhere. The gold version will change something...

fadywwf316
04-17-2003, 08:10 PM
its a computer, whatd u expect lol

SiGuy
04-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Ive never had any problems with freezing anywhere with Morrowind or any game for that matter. Maybe its with the older xbox's?

SPARTAN VI
04-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by LongBow

Mine froze everytime I go near the east side of the island. But I don't have to worry about that now. The disk had a wierd pattern of scratches on it, like the disk was shipped that way. So, when I beat the game, I traded it in. :D

Reclaimer
04-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Serious Sam locked up, but I fixed it by turning the music all the way down. I have seen a lot of game crashes, but it never happens again if I wipe the disc off and reinsert it. But the funny thing was that I don't get the dirty disc error when it happens. The most serious error I had was that I turned the xbox off while playing Gunmetal one night. The next day I started the game, and it said it couldn't load my profile because it was damaged. My profile was listed in the menu as "Damaged Game." I had to start over.
So now, I exit out of a game through the menus, all the way to the title screen before I power off.

Cryogenic Pyro
04-21-2003, 01:23 AM
I've only received one error on my XBox so far. It's the wierdest thing I've ever seen too...

So, I went to the store and finally bought Halo and traded in some games. I got home and played Halo for a while. I watched some TV for about 2 hours and was going to play some more halo when a really nice XBox intro came on and in about 5 different languages said <b>"This is an XBox game, please insert it into your XBox."</b> So then, I think, "WTF, This is an XBox... :eek:" Then I turned it off and on, and I never had the problem again... Yet. But really, it scared the living **** out of me when I saw it

Vuldarak Zeta
04-23-2003, 10:47 PM
the error that says this is an xbox game please use in an xbox sytem is becouse for some reason the dvd player function kicks in when you start a game. put an xbox game in your computer dvd player and open up the disc. theres 2 vid files in there. one is the one you say. happened to me 2 or 3 times. as for games skipping and crashing(besides marowind witch does it anyway) i believe there was a problum with alot of the early xboxs. alot of people have had there xbox freeze, skip, and sometimes not even load the game. i had the same prob till i got one of the new xboxes with the sega gt/jsrf packin. know it seems fixed.

Rochey69r
04-24-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro
I've only received one error on my XBox so far. It's the wierdest thing I've ever seen too...

So, I went to the store and finally bought Halo and traded in some games. I got home and played Halo for a while. I watched some TV for about 2 hours and was going to play some more halo when a really nice XBox intro came on and in about 5 different languages said &lt;b&gt;&quot;This is an XBox game, please insert it into your XBox.&quot;&lt;/b&gt; So then, I think, &quot;WTF, This is an XBox... :eek:&quot; Then I turned it off and on, and I never had the problem again... Yet. But really, it scared the living **** out of me when I saw it

thats pretty funny.

if you have dvd player in your house then throw an xbox game in and watch the same intro.

(MS put it there so dumbas'ses now its a game and not a dvd movie.)
your xbox has read it as a dvd movie not a game, therefor it plays that.

GrizzlySuit
04-24-2003, 07:55 PM
mine has crashed... probally cause i played it to much

ronin_matt
04-24-2003, 10:03 PM
you know, the gamecube gets bashed so much, yet atleast it never crasher...

the xbox is the most buggy and unreliable system i have ever owned...perhaps microsoft could try ironing out some problems prior to me spending a few grand on it.

Humanarchy
04-25-2003, 05:29 AM
I do have an older XBox. I got it the day it was released! And Morrowind crashes all the time. Especially, when I'm trying to do two or more things at once, like walk and look at the map. Doh! I hope the expansion pack solves this problem! I've already had to buy Morrowind twice because of its freezing/crashing/bugging out. :cuss: I'll try clean mine. But, there is no way, I'm going to buy another XBox. Will there be some kind of update or sumthin to solve this? Maybe XBOX v.2? They keep talking about add-ons to games. Why not update the software, too? Just a thought.

l Maximus l
04-25-2003, 03:31 PM
My first XBox did the opposite. It didn't freeze...it fried!

skullsqdn
04-30-2003, 10:22 AM
Man, what is the deal with the xbox and these problems? I haven't had mine for even a year and I bought the package deal with segagt/jsrf and i've had the xbox freeze or not be able to read the discs at least once for every game i have and happens most often with Halo and Morrowind.

baby j
05-11-2003, 07:52 AM
i was playing splinter cell and it started locking up so i restarted my xbox and it let me get past the part that had the problem only to do the same thing at another stage got to the stage that it was unplayable so took the game back and got it changed over to the same game ,splinter cell, and it does the same thing this is the only game that locks up and it is the newer xbox i have emailed the makers of the game asking them why is it only there game that is causing this and am waiting on a reply, ubi soft make splinter cell, who makes the other games people are having trouble with.

Shadow20002
05-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Hey, stop talking about Xbox crashes. There are already one thread about that, going up to 100 posts already, you can search for it. All i have problem with is just Morrowind: the buggiest game ever meet !! :cuss:

John002
05-11-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Humanarchy
I do have an older XBox. I got it the day it was released! And Morrowind crashes all the time. Especially, when I'm trying to do two or more things at once, like walk and look at the map. Doh! I hope the expansion pack solves this problem! I've already had to buy Morrowind twice because of its freezing/crashing/bugging out. :cuss: I'll try clean mine. But, there is no way, I'm going to buy another XBox. Will there be some kind of update or sumthin to solve this? Maybe XBOX v.2? They keep talking about add-ons to games. Why not update the software, too? Just a thought.
My Xbox crashed playing Morrowind. Then it would not recognise any game discs. Said they were all dirty. I called their service number and they issued a airborne express pickup and repaired it for free. I have one of the early Xboxs and I know the warranty had expired, but they still fixed it for free. When I got it backed, I tried all my games and guess what. The only game it doesn't run is Morrowind. I've cleaned the disc, but it still doesn't run. I'm done with Morrowind. :cuss:

Crazy Joe
05-11-2003, 02:23 PM
had my Xbox since 2 days after launch, never had any major problems. Only crashed once during Morrowind, and the game saved for me while it was crashing, so no big deal. maybe one or two dirty disc errors, because the disc was dirty. Never had any problems with Xbox since day one.

baby j
05-11-2003, 08:28 PM
i turned of the sound and its not locking up as bad got past the bit that i could not pass, locks up still but no were near as much
playstation is for better