PDA

View Full Version : X-men Legends

Blind-RazoR
04-15-2003, 05:36 PM
So how do you think the X-MEN RPG will turn out? I a hoping for the best and think it will be a good game. But here is what I have found so far from RPG........

Activision has finally released the first information on a game it announced over two years ago. The game is X-Men Legends and is an action-RPG following the exploits of the famous Marvel team. In particular, the story will be focused around the coming-of-age of Alison Crestmere, better known as the New-Mutant Magma. Within the Marvel comics, Alison Crestmere served as a member of both the New Mutants and Hellions and also helped to overthrow Selene's rule of New Roma, the city of which she had been a kidnapped member. The new story for X-Men Legends will be written by veteran Marvel writers including Steven Seagle, Joey Casey, Duncan Rouleau, and Joe Kelly.

The game will be developed in partnership with Raven Software, who is most famous for its work on such famous FPS games as Soldier of Fortune and Hexen. However, this will be Raven Software's first RPG, as well as its first console game.

The gameplay of X-Men Legends will be centered around a team based combat system where various members of the X-Men will be able to be switched out on the fly and combo attacks will be possible between party members. Combat will normally use a combination of four Mutants, who will be selectable from some of the most popular figures throughout Marvel history including: Wolverine, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Colossus, Psylocke, Iceman, Gambit, Forge, Beast, Nightcrawler, Angel, and seven others who have not been listed.

Scheduled for release in Quarter 4 of 2003, X-Men Legends will be available for the PlayStation2, GameCube, and Xbox consoles.

I will probably get the Xbox version because the graphics should be better.

D-Mob
04-18-2003, 09:05 AM
From everything you've posted about it is making me have a good feeling about this game. If they just make everything workout then I'll certainly be checking this one out.

Blind-RazoR
04-18-2003, 01:23 PM
Yeah this game should be a good one and since X-Men are about the team as a whole, it will be nice to be able to play as a team with them instead of having to play as one character at a time.

Humanarchy
04-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Sweet! This looks like it will blow away both X-Men games that are currently out! I almost bought Wolverine's revenge before I realised that it was gunna suck.

Blind-RazoR
04-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Well sorry to inform you of any bad news, but the game won't be out this year. but here is some more info.

Activision Unleashes New X-Men: Legacy Info

Activision has just released new information on its upcoming Playstation 2 RPG, X-Men: Legacy. It is now confirmed that the comic-based title will hit not only Sony's console, but XBox and GameCube as well. It is expected to be released in 2004.

The game's plot will be written by veteran comic studio Man of Action. It begins with the saving of a young mutant (Magma), and evolves into a fight to unite mankind and mutants. According to Larry Goldberg, executive vice president, Activision Worldwide Studios, Legacy will "blend the best parts of the movies, comic books in a fantastic new adventure."

X-Men: Legacy will allow players to create teams of their favorite mutants. Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Gambit and Beast are among the 15 fan favorites playable. A four-player cooperative mode is also planned, where the new players can join at any time or battle it out in the "Danger Room."

·Discuss this story in the RPGamer message forums
by Aren Jidarian
Source: [Activision]