PDA

View Full Version : Want to replace my cd rom

Chronman420
04-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Have had my box since launch. About 2 months ago I started having random cannot read disk errors. It has gotten so bad lately it wont play any game brand new used rentals whatever it wont play them. I bought one of those cheap lens cleaners with the crappy little brush on the bottom of the cd itself and this didnt do jack. I then decided since my warranty is up to take the sob apart. Did that cleaned the laser with alcohol put it back together and still the same schit. I am passed pizzed off now and was wondering if any of the addicts knows if I can buy a replacement rom and just stick it in there? If this is possible where the hell do I get one? I would just go out and buy another box but I have too much stuff on HD not just game saves but cd's I have borrowed and ripped to the HD . Any suggestions welcomed, XBA rocks.

Variation-XBA
04-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Im sure you could get it replaced, but by who/where dunno...

Call MS and see what they can do , if anything.

As for saves/cds, with memory card you can at least save your game files, as for the rips...dunno.... borrow em again when you get new box or whatever?

speedbuggy76
04-16-2003, 06:03 PM
You can! But you have to have a modded xbox.:( Check out http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/dvddrive.php:(

OuFtb
04-16-2003, 06:11 PM
You can call 1-800-4MY-Xbox and they could probably fix it for you, just giving you the number if you needed it. Also I like your sig looks like I'm not the only Sooner fan anymore.

Highlite23
04-16-2003, 08:50 PM
You can get the drive and do it yourself, it's pretty easy.

Go to XBOX Repair (www.xboxrepair.com) :D

wbio
04-16-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by OuFtb
You can call 1-800-4MY-Xbox and they could probably fix it for you, just giving you the number if you needed it. Also I like your sig looks like I'm not the only Sooner fan anymore.
yeah, they'll probably fix it for free in less than one week, or atleast that's what they did with me:D