PDA

View Full Version : ok... gamers.com is getting ridiculous now

yall
04-17-2003, 07:52 AM
I know we have all heard arguments saying a site is biased here or there based upon the fact that the same game will get an 8.8 on xbox but a 9.0 on ps2 or something like that.

well now i see that they gave godzilla destroy all monters melee an 8 on gamecube and a 4 on the xbox. gimme a break. i realize that its different reviewer, but to have that much disparity between scores reeks of favoritism.

Flood
04-17-2003, 08:00 AM
i understand where you're coming from...but i havent played either version of Godzilla so i'm not going to say if his score is fair or not. seeing that its a port from GC, maybe he/she thought that the graphics were not so good compared to what the xbox is capable of. or maybe there's problems with the xbox version which weren't present in the GC version due to the porting. once again, i don't know...these are just thoughts that COULD be the reasons behind the low score

Dream Theater
04-17-2003, 08:12 AM
I own the Gamecube version and it's awesome. Even if the Xbox version is that good it should get a higher score than that. IGN gave it an 8. something on the xbox. They go by how good the hardware is. I'm a huge Godzilla fan. Reviews are just peoples opinions. I don't really listen to them much unless it's a reputable site. I hate it when people on G4 review games like Tombraider, Splinter Cell and at the bottom it always says PS2 on it. They said the original Tombraider was on Playstation. It started on Saturn. Everybody has there head up Sony's asses and can give Gamecube better scores because it's a threat to PS2. Xbox is. Now G4 is saying Splinter Cell on PS2 is the better buy because of extras you get with the game. BS! You don't get downloadable content and awesome lighting like the xbox version but that was never mentioned

VAN
04-17-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by yall
I i realize that its different reviewer,

Then you have no argument. Haven't you ever loved a game and found out that a friend of yours thought it was garbage?

Different strokes for different folks, man.

Now if the SAME guy gave the GCN version an 8 and the Xbox version a 4, you would have a reason to be upset.

These were 2 different people playing the game, and I'd bet my left doo-dad that if they swapped games to review, the scores would be pretty similar.

yall
04-17-2003, 10:43 AM
I realize what you are saying Van, and thats why I put the cavaet out there.
I guess what I didn't illustrate clearly enough is that this is gamers.com
'official review'. The content editor should be aware of the fact that the same product
is getting 2 seperate reviews, that seem like they are specific to the platform,
when in reality they are not. What I mean is, to the untrained eye, it really looks
like the gamecube version of this game is far superior, which in reality is not the case.
The games are, infact, nearly identicle. Its just that the reviewers opiions differ so drasticaly,
it makes it look like the games do as well.

Variation-XBA
04-17-2003, 11:20 AM
I hope the excuse wasnt the ole "crappy controller" one.