PDA

View Full Version : Hypotheticals....

VAN
04-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Just for fun...

You are standing in front of the game cabinet at your local retail outlet. You dig into your pocket and discover that you have exactly $55.00 ($427.00 Canadian)--enough for one new game.

No games interest you and you begin to walk away.

Just as you turn your back, you notice the clerk cracking open two cases of brand new games. One is marked Brute Force-XBOX, and the other is marked DOOM III-XBOX.

Which one do you take?

OuFtb
04-17-2003, 01:59 PM
This is actully a hard question, but I think i would pick Doom III, I don't know why, thats just my choice.

tennyson
04-17-2003, 02:00 PM
That is a hard choice, but I'm going to have to go with Brute Force.

VAN
04-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Well of course it's a tough choice. What fun would it be if the 2 games in my example had been Halo 2 and Super Tetris? :D

It would actually be an even harder decision for thse of us with Xbox Live. On the one hand, we could opt for Brute Force and experience what promises to be some of the best squad-based combat ever to hit a home console. On the other hand, we could choose Doom III--the game which is sure to set a new standard in graphics and playability--and it's LIVE enabled.

I think I would go for Doom III.

|ROS|Drakon
04-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Doom III any day

VAN
04-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Bungie takes the stage at E3 to show off some brand new footage of Halo 2. A hush falls over the crowd as the lead developer points to the video screen and announces his decsion to use cel-shading for the entire game.

A second man appears on stage, grabs the microphone and proceeds to tell the angry crowd that he has decided to remove XBL compatibilty from the game.

You reach under your coat and pull out your AR-15 but quickly realize you only have 1 bullet remaining.

Which guy gets it?

OuFtb
04-17-2003, 02:37 PM
The one bullet goes to the guy hew chose to use cel shading for the entire game. I really don't like cel shading and while Xbox live is a big thing and would be a great loss the game would still be great without it.

MerimacHamwich
04-17-2003, 03:02 PM
#1. Doom III. Brute Force has already let me down and the game isn't even out!
#2. Probably the guy for taking out LIVE. I can deal with graphics, heck, it might even make the game neat. However, taking out LIVE playability is a criminal offence in Hamwich land. That reduces the replay value by One Million percent.

Steve1987
04-17-2003, 03:16 PM
1. Doom 3 (Brute Force Doesn't appeal to me)

2. I would order them to stand with one in front of the other, and then shoot the first guy in the head, and hopefully the bullet would pass through and hit the other guy. If not i would beat him to death with the gun!!!! Leave HALO 2 Alone!!!!! :D

VAN
04-17-2003, 03:28 PM
And you call yourselves "gamers". Ha!

The correct answer to the second scenario is as follws...

You take the muzzle of the rifle, place it directly under your chin, and then firmly squeeze the trigger.

If Halo were to ship with XBL functionality removed, or with cel-shading added in, there would no longer be reason to live. :D

No Fear 23
04-17-2003, 04:18 PM
1) doom III. this game has muliplayer for live and brute force dosnt have shait. only dl content.

2)i'd shoot the guy who is goin to take out xbl. xbl is the greatest thing ever happened.

l Maximus l
04-17-2003, 04:27 PM
I'd go with DOOM III mainly because it's been a proven series. DOOM has awesome gameplay, great themes, and it's just flat out fun. This sequel is definately one of the most welcomed games for XBox.

As for Brute Force...I'm anticipating this game more than ever now. My bro actually preordered the game from Gamestop and he received a free disc set that has Brute Force, Halo, and Halo 2 movies and extras as well as a swarm of playable demos. After checking out the Brute Force stuff, I have yet to stop frothing at the mouth :D

But, the reason why I chose DOOM 3 over Brute Force is mainly due to the fact that "Brute Force" has the initials "BF" and it doesn't sound too appealing. .....hehe :D ........Okay, no...seriously...the reason is because DOOM is a proven series and Brute Force has yet to be seen.

Kraft
04-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by VAN
And you call yourselves "gamers". Ha!

The correct answer to the second scenario is as follws...

You take the muzzle of the rifle, place it directly under your chin, and then firmly squeeze the trigger.

If Halo were to ship with XBL functionality removed, or with cel-shading added in, there would no longer be reason to live. :D
HAH, there is a much better way to take care of it than that. The AR-15 has a muzzle velocity of about 2900 feet per second, which means the best thing to do would be to make your way around to the side of the stage, when both people are lined up with you. Then take a single shot, indiana jones style, and knock them both out. How could you ever think of letting a little problem like this get between you and Halo 2 :D

VeNoMiZA
04-17-2003, 05:36 PM
hahah but of course i would pick doom 3, Im not really into how brute force is coming out. it looks good but wierd. I think doom 3 would be in my first choice no question about it.:D

LTM360
04-17-2003, 05:50 PM
1) Doom III (Brute Force lost all interest after dropping XBL, and this game is gonna come out, when? 2017?)

2) I actually like Cel-Shaded (Even though Halo 2 cel-shaded would be pretty retarded), so I'd go with the a-hole that took out XBL.

VeNoMiZA
04-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
1) Doom III (Brute Force lost all interest after dropping XBL, and this game is gonna come out, when? 2017?)

2) I actually like Cel-Shaded (Even though Halo 2 cel-shaded would be pretty retarded), so I'd go with the a-hole that took out XBL. doom 3 will not be cel shaded..... if thats what u mean.:confused:

wbio
04-17-2003, 06:01 PM
1. Doom 3, we know BF is coming out soon, but have no idea when Doom 3 will come out.

2. same as Steve1987 and Kraft, shoot through one guy and into another, while wearing 4 layers of gloves. After that I would throw the gun up in the air and act like I was innocent;) :D

jake mcd
04-17-2003, 08:46 PM
I'd go with Doom III and take out the guy that removes XBL.

SiGuy
04-17-2003, 08:59 PM
1. Doom 3
2. Id shoot the gun straight up in the air so I get theres and everyone elses attention and then go up there and beat the s*it out of both of them with that microphone or the butt of the gun until they agree to put both back in. Justice for gamers everywhere!:cool:

MerimacHamwich
04-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by LTM360

Brute Force never had Xbox Live implemented. We all thought it did but it didn't, that was dispointment #1 for me. There are about three other major disapointments that game has given me thus far, and like I said, it isn't even out yet.

I also think that seeing it in a store would make it more wantable becuase it has been delayed so much. You could have it now rather than 14 years from now.

Flood
04-17-2003, 10:36 PM
1. Doom 3 in a heart beat.....that game is going to be amazing graphically....i might have a hard time playing it at first because i'll be too busy looking around at everything

2.XBL guy....like someone else said, it might still look decent cel shaded, but no XBL=not cool.

Kortiz
04-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Van....im sorry, but that is an unfair comparison. Maybe if you sized Fable and Doom3? It would be closer to a fair comparison....as far as HYPE goes.

Brute Force has high hopes.....YES IT DOES, but Doom 3 is like Zelda......YOU JUST DONT PASS THAT GAME UP!!!!!!

Doom3 definitely, then i would bug my grandparents for Brute Force.

CharlieHustle
04-17-2003, 11:41 PM
I would go with Doom 3 becasue i bought live for a reason.

As far as Halo 2 is concerned, I would Stand up and say "Get your hand outta my pocket!!"shoot anyone in the head first, and then toss the gun to the other one and hopefully, the muzzel goes right through the other one's throat.

How about this hypo question: What is EA says "We know we were c@cksuckers to sony in the past, but from now on we will now support live!!" Would you actually consider their madden franchise next year, or stay with MS or sega sports?? Or use that one bullet on them?

Felon's Ghost
04-17-2003, 11:45 PM
I would buy niether, I would take the $55 dollars, pay my phone bill, then rent a game.

Thats just me though.

Cryogenic Pyro
04-18-2003, 02:26 AM
Another one:
The day of the launch of Xbox2, Microsoft holds a press conference(probably not a correct term, but whatever) announcing that Fisher Price helped in the making of the controllers and the design of the system, just like the Gamecube.

You realize you are Master Chief and you have a shotgun in your hand. What do you do?
A. Go battle the Flood and the Covenant.
B. Hope you are dreaming, except for the fact that you are Master Chief with a shotgun.
C. Show the man who is talking on the stage one of the controllers he is releasing and watch him **** his pants in horror.
D. Shrug and walk out of the store killing everyone, after all, why do you need to play video games if you are the best video game character ever created?

Knight
04-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Doom3, because by the time it's out BF will have ben out for more then 6 months.

Reclaimer
04-18-2003, 07:01 PM
Brute Force. Why, because I dig the squad co-op games. Me and my band of mercenary friends have been playing the crap out of Conflict Desert Storm. We need another squad game. None of us have Live yet, so Doom3 wouldn't really matter if it having live was a basis for opinion. Which brings me to the next scenario. I would cap the guy who mentions the cel shading. Then I jump up on the stage and melee the second guy, Master Chief style, for good measure.

ARONO129
04-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Doom III simply because I had so much fun playing Doom on the PC.

And BTW VAN as a Canadian I find it offensive that you say that $55 is $427 CDN.

I am very proud to be Canadian. Our beer, hockey, shovelling snow in July and just for your information Sir, $55 USD equals $431 CDN.

I used to go to the states more and it was a lot of fun pulling up to a drive thru window at a bank and handing them $100 CDN. They look at it and told me they don't take $$ used in board games. I told them it's a Canadian $100 bill. They said the guy on the bill looks nothing like Wayne Gretzky. I told them that wasn't funny that the guy on the bill invented ice scrapers for car windshields. They came back 5 minutes later and handed me a dime.

frog11983
04-19-2003, 12:13 AM
Doom III in an instant, I'm not really turned on by brute force. I think that Doom III is going to scare the crap out of me... i'm such a wuss :(

JJaX
04-19-2003, 01:00 AM
DOOM III

No doubt...

I have the E3 3 level Demo, and its simply amazing...

No Fear 23
04-20-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Brute Force. Why, because I dig the squad co-op games. Me and my band of mercenary friends have been playing the crap out of Conflict Desert Storm. We need another squad game.

Ghost Recon :D

shrew king
04-20-2003, 12:32 AM
1. Brute Force, like Reclaimer, I have been really into squad based games, Ghost Recon to be exact. I like that you have to work together in order to get the job done, although Live would have been awesome, I think Brute Force will deliver some awesome gameplay, and with those amazing graphics we have all seen this game could be huge.

2. The guy who made it cel-shaded would 'get the bullet'. Of course not literally shot but that is the guy who I'd despise more of the two, cel-shading is cool, but it would just plain suck in a game like Halo, and with the awesome visuals they have been showing/promising it'd be a shame for them to go to waste.

Viper87227
04-21-2003, 04:51 PM
1. DOOM III

2. Neither, for the moment

3. I would shoot the controller guy, then go back and take care of the two halo guys for trying to ruin me :cheers:

Viper87227
04-21-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
1. DOOM III

2. Neither, for the moment

3. I would shoot the controller guy, then go back and take care of the two halo guys for trying to destroy me :cheers: