PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike the first moddable console game?

Stormlord
04-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Well I don't know if this was posted before because I haven't been here for over a month. But I recently got the latest Game Informer and it says that it's very possible. Valve wants to give the Xboxers the tools to make our very own mods. Then you must send your mod to Valve to get approved (to see if it's a lame hack or just plain ***) and it would be uploaded to other users on LIVE. There's even a hint of MS having voice chat room for clan organization. Of course the PC version will be the best because, and I will quote "Nothing can replace a mouse and keyboard" or atleast to the stubborn gamer. But the Xbox version will get a few exclusive weapons and some exlcusive maps. They'll give the Xbox better lighting effects, and all the previous CS content. CS on Xbox will make history if they do allow us to mod it. It will be the beginning of a new age in console gaming. The only problem is...how are we going to make our own textures? Plus OC gets CS: Condition Zero soon and we still have to wait until Fall. Well what are your thoughts on it? :cool: :D

Felon's Ghost
04-18-2003, 12:03 AM
I just hope they do away with the "console".

Variation-XBA
04-18-2003, 03:08 AM
They are keeping tight lipped on this so far, so not much is known yet... but they said we'll have enough tolls to creatle our own lvls/objectives.. how? Hope they let us know soon :)

GokuX
04-18-2003, 03:37 AM
Could be a bad thing if it opens the door to multiplayer hacks.

Felon's Ghost
04-18-2003, 03:45 AM
CS will be an Xbox seller if they make it impossible for hacks. I wish Valve would do away with that function on the PC version. The only people that should have need of the console are the admins. The problems is that devs do not forsee how people will sploit and abuse thier sysytems.

Flood
04-18-2003, 04:40 AM
this discussion was already started by Brevity a few days ago. it can be found here: http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34603

please continue this discussion there

:)