View Full Version : The New PS3 - * A JOKE *

Recon
04-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Poking fun at the PS3......
Here's something that will make you roll :D

http://www.misinformer.com/archive/2001/01/15/

carlbme
04-18-2003, 05:32 PM
You do know that this is incredibly old right?

Nameless
04-18-2003, 05:47 PM
It didn't make me roll. Or chuckle. Or smile. It was actually really boring...

Viper87227
04-18-2003, 06:03 PM
hahahaha that was so unfunny that its funny that you find it funny:confused:

SiGuy
04-18-2003, 07:45 PM
lol. IT RUNS ON LOVE.......how could you love something so ugly. Whoever put the tape on that pos should be shot

Highlite23
04-18-2003, 09:10 PM
Old , yes..............But still alittle funny.:)

canadianboi3
04-19-2003, 01:28 AM
That was stupid I think. To much gibberish writing.

J Dub
04-19-2003, 03:32 AM
Ahahahah that was hilarious. I especially liked the picture of it playing the VHS tape.

http://home.attbi.com/~stidepool/ps3/ps3screensmis.jpg

TegSkywalker
04-19-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Recon

January 15th, 2001

Did you check the date on that? That is at least 2 and a half years old. I saw it back then and its still unfunny today.

Welcome to the party... too bad the train left a long time ago chump.

Shadow20002
04-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Hey, ohh...soo old. :rolleyes: It is was in that day, could be funny.

TheChunkyMidget
04-19-2003, 11:56 AM
that was the first time i had seen it.and i thought it was funny.it didnt make me roll but it did make me laugh;)

Koopa
04-19-2003, 12:21 PM
i think the ps3 joke played by sony themselves was a lot more funny

hahahahahahhahah (http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4307)
I always knew that whole "Cell" thing was a pile of crap, like their vaunted "Emotion Engine." for PS2.

of course, we can't really look down on sony for trying to hype crappy products..MS does it all the time (circus maximus, tao feng, kakuto chojin, superman, bloodwake, enclave, etc...)

ARONO129
04-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
i think the ps3 joke played by sony themselves was a lot more funny

hahahahahahhahah (http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4307)
I always knew that whole "Cell" thing was a pile of crap, like their vaunted "Emotion Engine." for PS2.

of course, we can't really look down on sony for trying to hype crappy products..MS does it all the time (circus maximus, tao feng, kakuto chojin, superman, bloodwake, enclave, etc...)

Or let us not forget Nintendo. Disney's Magical Mirror, 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker, Disney Sports Skateboarding and Donald Duck Goin' Quackers, Casper Spirit Dimensions, Super Bubble Pop, and Universal Studios Park Adventures.

But at least Nintendo doesn't try to hype the GC. They market it as a true gaming machine because they can't hype it. It has no versatility whatsoever.

Noboby has answered me yet. How many online games are there for the GC now? 1 or 2?

But at least Nintendo comes up with fresh new games and doesn't rehash old games over and over and over to make a quick buck.

BTW I finally read the PS3 joke from the link provided. Why make fun of the way Japanese people speak English? That's really lame.

Of course I'll be the only one here that cares about that anyway. If the writer would have left that part out and used one brain cell it could have been a funny article.

ARONO129
04-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Recon

BTW IMO they could have made it more funny without resorting to making fun of the Japanese and to some extent North Americans for Example.

Reporter: There have been many rumors that Sony will add extra controller ports to the PS3 can you confirm?

Sony: Yes. The PS3 will now have 3 controller ports total.

Reporter: What about an "Emotion Engine"?

Sony: Over time we grew to dislike that name. Our next system will have the "Org@sm Enigine"

Reporter: Will the PS3 have ports for add on accessories?

Sony: Of couse. The PS3 will have an add on slot for a HD and memory card. If we put the name Sony on people won't care and will blindly buy it anyway.

l Maximus l
04-19-2003, 01:43 PM
It's an oldy, but a goody :D

bretman1234
04-19-2003, 02:49 PM
the pictures were funny, but I didn't even read the words cuz they got boring after awhile, and it was hard to read the japanese guy

Cheat
04-19-2003, 10:13 PM
The ducky must be the best issue on the controller!!! i must get this

http://home.attbi.com/~stidepool/ps3/ps3cfrontmis.jpg

WHAT?! its a fake.. A LIE!!! NOOO!!!

<- loves to exadurate

That one is a great spam to my PS2 owning friends that claim that "XBOX SUCKS"... that is untill they Played my box :)

(Edit: i left out the P in played... it made my post weird...)

shrew king
04-20-2003, 01:09 AM
Or let us not forget Nintendo. Disney's Magical Mirror, 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker, Disney Sports Skateboarding and Donald Duck Goin' Quackers, Casper Spirit Dimensions, Super Bubble Pop, and Universal Studios Park Adventures.

I don't even think those were made by Nintendo.

But at least Nintendo doesn't try to hype the GC. They market it as a true gaming machine because they can't hype it. It has no versatility whatsoever.

True, it is also 50 dollars cheaper though.

Noboby has answered me yet. How many online games are there for the GC now? 1 or 2?

Uh... maybe because this is your first time asking that question in this thread? I think the number is 1 though.

But at least Nintendo comes up with fresh new games and doesn't rehash old games over and over and over to make a quick buck.

Most 'rehashed' games sell millions. I am guessing you're not going to buy Halo 2 or any sequal to a current game?

Nato King
04-20-2003, 05:59 AM
I throught it was ok and it was pretty funny. Nice find

ARONO129
04-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by shrew king

I don't even think those were made by Nintendo.

True, it is also 50 dollars cheaper though.

Uh... maybe because this is your first time asking that question in this thread? I think the number is 1 though.

Most 'rehashed' games sell millions. I am guessing you're not going to buy Halo 2 or any sequal to a current game?

The games I mentioned for the GC may not have been made by Nintendo but neither were the games Koopa mentioned in his post about MS and "hyping" "crappy products".

$50 cheaper? That statement weakens your position. How much does it cost to buy a GC HD and make it DVD compatible?

No. I have asked that question before but thank you for being the first to answer it. Most GC people avoid that question for obvious reasons. ONE (1) online game???

I don't have a problem with Halo2 but I would scoff at Halo Sunshine, Halo Mansion, Halo Smash Brother's, etc.

Cheat
04-20-2003, 11:05 AM
Hmm.. this is a great feature, a built in flashlight for ppl who are afraid of the dark... Controllers should have things that light up so you can see the buttons...