PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a HALO 3!!!????????

lotec16
04-18-2003, 06:07 PM
I was reading this article (http://www.ztgamedomain.com/XBox/Previews/halo_2_pre.htm) and it siad that halo 2 would be the last halo. I think there should definatly be more than 2. I think it would be hard to end the story in halo 2. I think there should definatly be a halo 3. Imagine the graphics of halo 4 on xbox 2, that would be sweet! Take the poll and say what u think!

E Nomini Patri
04-18-2003, 11:31 PM
***Takes thread and flushes it down the virtual toilet***

Man, we don't even have Halo 2!! Why are you worrying about Halo 3?!?!?!

Reclaimer
04-19-2003, 03:09 AM
I hear if you stare too hard into the future, you'll go blind.

Let's just concentrate on what we have know, before we worry about the things we don't have yet.

Besides.. There has to be an ending somewhere. Closure. The game would get old, and probably stupid if it kept on going. Plus, it increases the odds that Bungie would maybe make a game that wouldn't be as good as I or II, if they kept on going. I would rather have 2 incredible flagship games, then have 4, -- 2 that where good, and 2 that where lame is a series. It would be disasterous to the legacy if there was a game that faltered.

Variation-XBA
04-19-2003, 03:48 AM
Long as they dont pull a Tomb Raider, keep em commin:)

Shadow20002
04-20-2003, 12:29 PM
If the story has something to do in that order, let them comming !! :p

Queasy Buddy
04-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
***Takes thread and flushes it down the virtual toilet***

Man, we don't even have Halo 2!! Why are you worrying about Halo 3?!?!?!

I agree. Let's concentrate on Halo 2. See how that game goes first. Then maybe we will get the chance to build the hype around Halo 3.

chris_renaud
04-21-2003, 10:08 AM
I agree that we should concentrate on what we have now and maybe something coming in the next couple of months. But if theres going to have a good story to the next couple of halos, keep em coming. I'll certainly buy them if there half as good as the first.:D

lotec16
04-21-2003, 10:41 AM
i guess i forgot to put this in my original post but yeah i think that they should end before they start to make crapy games. i was just thinking it would be kind of hard for the mc to kill all the convenant and save earth all in halo 2, i woulda guessed that in halo 2 he would save earth and everything, then halo 3 take out all the covenant.

LongBow
04-21-2003, 04:28 PM
Well, Halo2 may just have some kinda snap, twist ending, maybe the MC activates Halo in a last ditch effort to get Cortana to shut the hell up:p

E Nomini Patri
04-21-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by lotec16
i guess i forgot to put this in my original post but yeah i think that they should end before they start to make crapy games. i was just thinking it would be kind of hard for the mc to kill all the convenant and save earth all in halo 2, i woulda guessed that in halo 2 he would save earth and everything, then halo 3 take out all the covenant.

Bungie said that you will save Earth, and then go to the Covenant homeworld, and some other various places and kill the Covenant.

Also, you know how there was a big plot twist in Halo (The Flood)? Bungie said there would be 3 big plot twists this time around, so expect the unexpected!

lotec16
04-21-2003, 11:02 PM
maybe the twist is u find another spartan and you go and kick ass with him/her then the fight agianst the covenant could go a little faster and fit within one a sequal, maybe it'll be double disc or somthin, like metal gear solid

skullsqdn
04-28-2003, 11:47 AM
[COLOR=darkblue]So far Bungie has done an excellent job of combining plot and game play, the story almost seems to be limitless, eventually there has to be an ending, but with as much stuff as Bungie's crammed in the first Halo its very possible Halo will extend past 2. Personally I'd love to see Halo go past part 2 as long as it exceeds the previous titles and doesn't become crap like some other games. But I do have to agree with just waiting and seeing how things turn out with Halo 2.

SpartanSniper
04-30-2003, 08:59 PM
maybe the twist is u find another spartan and you go and kick ass with him/her then the fight agianst the covenant could go a little faster and fit within one a sequal, maybe it'll be double disc or somthin, like metal gear solid The truth being, there are should still be some Spartan IIs alive. And who knows maybe some old Spartan Is from back in the day. Or just even the little Spartan III tikes that Dr. Hasley was going to work with.

(All according to the books Halo: The Fall of Reach and Halo: The Flood.)

jasonm
04-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Making too many halo's could diminsh what could be a good series of games.Maybe leaving it at three and just having downloadable content as well.

lotec16
05-01-2003, 03:51 PM
i don't remember reading about early spartans! do you have any more information on them?

SpartanSniper
05-01-2003, 04:52 PM
i don't remember reading about early spartans! do you have any more information on them? There was only one sentence in Halo: The Flood that says something about the Spartan Is.

lotec16
05-02-2003, 05:48 AM
do you know where it is in the book? are your possibly thinking of in the library where a normal guy got really far and the cheif game him a eualgy?

Xbox Owner
05-02-2003, 07:29 PM
I think the series should end after the third one. Then maybe a new one on Xbox Next.

lotec16
05-02-2003, 10:54 PM
yeah that would so sweet to have halo on xbox 2, the graphics would be mind blowing, to bad i don't think they would be able to stretch the story and keep it good, i donnno it could be posssible but i would be happy with it ending in halo 3, not halo 2

Knight
05-02-2003, 11:17 PM
The only way they can make a Halo3 is to have it take place before Halo1. Just read EGM preview all you will know why.

lotec16
05-03-2003, 02:05 PM
is there a link for that article

bretman1234
05-03-2003, 04:46 PM
If I remember correctly from Halo: The Fall Of Reach , MC's friends Sam (strong and powerful), and Kellie (speedy spartan), didn't actually die, they just sort of didn't make it to halo. Don't be surprised if they make it into halo 2 as well as about 10 other spartans that didnt die. Imagine this: 4 player co-op play, mass murders of covenant using nukes, and everyone playing as a spartan. Pretty F*ckin Sweet!

lotec16
05-03-2003, 05:06 PM
now that there is suppose to be a kick ass A.I. it would make working with another spartan a lot better than working with someone that acts like a marine in halo 1. maybe thats why they are trying so hard on the a.i., but i think bungie just wants to make a good product so they make it better n e way

jaboo
05-04-2003, 12:47 PM
dependin how halo 2 goes (which is gonna b a big hit)

then there listen 2 wut ppl dun lik bout it...touch up n make halo 3......afta that it'll problle stop cuz der gonna come out with sum otha krazy game..........o god i hope halo2 takes me at least a month 2 beat......:eek:

No Fear 23
05-05-2003, 12:45 PM
i dont beleive there will be halo 3.

im sure when halo 2 hits, the ppl at bungie will be busy on working to make new dl contents such as new weapons or maps for multiplayer. but as for now, its gonna be sweet

Ford Mustang
05-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Sam does die, because when the three of them (MC, Kelly, and Sam) board a Covenant cruiser, Sam's armor gets punctured when he is fighting witht he Covenant, and that means he can't leave the ship, so the other two leave and he blows up the ship....Just thought I'd let you know....

ARONO129
05-05-2003, 08:06 PM
I hope Halo goes on for awhile. I hope they make the enemies scarier. The grunts don't add anything IMO to Halo. They should make the enemies as scary as possible.

lotec16
05-08-2003, 09:57 PM
i think we have ruled out halo 3 but think if bungie was squeezing all the power out of xbox 2, that would be insane!

HALO2
05-09-2003, 10:38 PM
oh man i cant believe starwarsfanboy still here.
STARWARSFANBOY YOU KNOW WHO IAM?

E Nomini Patri
05-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by HALO2
STARWARSFANBOY YOU KNOW WHO IAM?

Hmm...let me contemplate your catechization for several moments to determine an au fait response for you...

...ok, I know who you are, where you live, what your phone number is, what skool you go to, how many people live in your house, the amount of earwax that resides in your ears, and where you sleep. You still want to be an ass and not label me by my desired name? Go ahead. I do not wish to quarrel with you. If there is any past conflict between us, get over it.

I'm watching you. :watchout:

Crazy Joe
05-13-2003, 01:59 PM
i realize this might be nitpicking, but the article never said Halo 2 would be the last Halo.... it said the war between human and covenant will end. Who knows if a new enemy rears it's head to do battle in Halo 3??

Trento52
05-15-2003, 08:25 PM
whoa halo 2 is not coming out for awhile and yet your freaking over halo 3. I wouldn't doubt if they ended on the second but on xbox 2 if there is one they would probably start another unless they kept on going, but don't really care much for the game but it is one of the greatest games ever made.

bretman1234
05-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
Sam does die, because when the three of them (MC, Kelly, and Sam) board a Covenant cruiser, Sam's armor gets punctured when he is fighting witht he Covenant, and that means he can't leave the ship, so the other two leave and he blows up the ship....Just thought I'd let you know....

thanks ford i forgot about that one :cool:

but i think i remember that master chiefs friend james doesn't actually die, he just gets sent out into space. Maybe some human cruiser found him and saved him..... u never know......

anyone know how much Halo: The Flood is?

Papke
05-21-2003, 08:01 PM
If I don't get Halo2 soon, I might explode! I have been anticipating this game forever. Jesus, I think I feel......a......heart.....attack.

Must......have.......halo........2!

*Dies*

sabca
05-21-2003, 08:27 PM
Meh, I wouldn't be against a Halo 3. I like a good trilogy. Makes for a good Collectors Edition Box Set

Papke
05-22-2003, 06:40 AM
Has anyone ever wondered where the name FoeHammer came from? I mean, what the hell does FoeHammer mean?

After some thinking, I have decided that she does Hammer Foes;) but still, I'm sure there could have been a better name involving the battering of foes.

JADE8704
05-30-2003, 06:50 PM
it would be great to have a halo trilogy for sure...i hope bungie doesn't prolong the story that we have halo 6 though....maybe they can switch it up a bit and have a game where you play someone other than the master chief...like develop a story for a minor character in the game....it would be like a side story to the whole halo universe

HALO2
06-06-2003, 12:25 AM
there is n0t g0ing t0 be a hal0 3. thats a fact:argue1: :cuss:

lotec16
06-07-2003, 10:19 PM
to bad theres no trilogy(spl?) that would be cool, they could make corny little trilogy sets and everything

lotec16
06-07-2003, 10:24 PM
might be a longshot but did it say there will be no halo 2 on xbox? maybe halo 3 will be the flagship for xbox 2 if you think about it, xbox2 might come out around late 2005, halo 2 in early 2004, thats about how long it takes to make a good game!

thrAsher
06-08-2003, 06:37 PM
halo will continue as long as the xbox continues. they are intregal to each others survival, the xbox moreso than the title.

your xbox is mashed potatoes, hot and fluffy. halo is the chunky gravy.

XB2 will launch w/ Halo 3. bet me.

:cuss:

CuBaNo
06-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Yeah i think your right, i read that halo 3 will be release for xbox 2 but im not betting anything. i would love for it to... Halo 3: War on Covenant Home front.

lotec16
06-16-2003, 11:21 AM
yeah that would be awsome, where did u read that at i havn't seen n e thing on it

lotec16
06-16-2003, 07:44 PM
i feel special this is the longest thread-thing i have ever started

Smokin Penguin
06-16-2003, 08:12 PM
We can all dream, but more than likely not. I have heard that in halo 2 the war against the covenant will end, but that could just be a rumor. Also, if they make a lot of halos then more than likely atleast one of them will be bad.

CuBaNo
06-16-2003, 09:11 PM
I don't know where i heard it, i think it was like a big company like cnn or something like that not sure, but u can search for it

lotec16
06-16-2003, 09:12 PM
it would be cool if in halo 2 it was called halo 2: the forerunner, and in it you would fight the covy back from earth, then go off to another halo and learn all about the flood and the orgin of it and everyhing, that would leave a slot for halo 3 on xbox 2

SoccerCJM77
06-21-2003, 03:37 PM
Well everyone wants Halo 3, 4, 5 ........... but I don't think that would be possible. Halo 2 is the end and that's what Bungie said. But maybe, just maybe there is a chance for Halo 3 but that probaly come out for another 15 years according to bungie

StudioAlex
07-01-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Papke
Has anyone ever wondered where the name FoeHammer came from? I mean, what the hell does FoeHammer mean?

It's the name of a sword the dwarves find in The Hobbit by Tolkien.

StudioAlex
07-01-2003, 11:17 AM
I think Halo 2 will be the last incarnation for Xbox. I think Bungie has lots of things planned for the Halo series, like huge, story driven battles where hundreds of spartans engage the enemy over the internet. That just isn't possible with the 128 generation.

As far as story, the human covenant war is just the beggining. I imagine master chief will capture some member of the covenant ruling class and force the covenant to sign an armistice agreement. At which point, a new alien threat will be exposed. I think they will be some kind of ancient race of malicious humans, which explains why the covenant are so hell bent on eradicating humanity and why the droid seems to "remember" Master Chief.

The bottom line is money. This game will make money, and sequels will be delivered. Even if there is a drastic break in the storyline, it will still be called Halo.

But what I really want to know is, where is this project wolf game Bungie's been working on?

bretman1234
07-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
I think Halo 2 will be the last incarnation for Xbox. I think Bungie has lots of things planned for the Halo series, like huge, story driven battles where hundreds of spartans engage the enemy over the internet. That just isn't possible with the 128 generation.

As far as story, the human covenant war is just the beggining. I imagine master chief will capture some member of the covenant ruling class and force the covenant to sign an armistice agreement. At which point, a new alien threat will be exposed. I think they will be some kind of ancient race of malicious humans, which explains why the covenant are so hell bent on eradicating humanity and why the droid seems to "remember" Master Chief.

The bottom line is money. This game will make money, and sequels will be delivered. Even if there is a drastic break in the storyline, it will still be called Halo.

But what I really want to know is, where is this project wolf game Bungie's been working on?

I think this thread is pretty old. But what can ya do? anyway the halo series will be awesome no matter how many there are.