PDA

View Full Version : Games you traded, but now you want back.

Reclaimer
04-18-2003, 07:17 PM
I was wondering: :eek:

Have you ever traded a game in because you got tired of it, but then way later you wished you never did?
I traded Bloodwake in a long time ago, after I beat it. Now for some reason, I want to get it back and play it some more. There's a couple of games I'm starting to feel that way for.

What about you guys?

LTM360
04-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer

Have you ever traded a game in because you got tired of it, but then way later you wished you never did?
I traded Bloodwake in a long time ago, after I beat it. Now for some reason, I want to get it back and play it some more. There's a couple of games I'm starting to feel that way for.

What about you guys?

No, I think really hard about it, and make sure I wouldn't want the game back, and fortunetly, I've only wanted to play a game I traded once (Halo), and my nieghbor owns Halo so, it wasn't that hard to play again.

OuFtb
04-18-2003, 08:23 PM
I have done some trades, and I traded my Nascar Heat for somthing, I don't wish I never did the trade I just would like to still have it to play.

jabrre
04-18-2003, 09:19 PM
The only XBOX game I traded (and wished I still had in my possession) was Serious Sam. I was tired at the time of the endless shooting, but appreciated its sense of humor. I will go ahead and buy another copy. Its available at $20 at most stores, so it wont cost me much.

The rest of the games (Halo, Splinter Cell, Sega GT 2002, Jet Set Radio Future, MechAssault, and FIFA 2003) I enjoy so much I will never trade those to anybody, even EB.

Kortiz
04-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Sword of the Berzerk i think it was called for DC.....Shrew got DC the week or 2 ago.......and i started thinking about that game.....i was broke and needed a new game, so i traded in a couple to get a new game (forget it now....) I wish i had that game still.

and ummmmm........what else........Sega GT for DC i wish i still had.

and ummmm.......thats it i think...

CharlieHustle
04-19-2003, 02:54 PM
morrowind for me. I will get it again but i still have my saves and the prophecies book.

ShannonX
04-19-2003, 04:07 PM
I dont ever trade my games in so i cant say i have ever had that problem.

TheChunkyMidget
04-19-2003, 04:16 PM
tony hawk 3 :( well now its a platinum hit so i can get it for 20 bucks :cool:

Brevity
04-19-2003, 04:19 PM
MEch Assult but only to try the CTF
Morrowind
Silent Hill
Eternal Darkness

Young_Fledgling
04-19-2003, 04:39 PM
timesplitters 2 maybe..... that game was good

hebgbz
04-19-2003, 07:11 PM
Oddworld
Nascar Thunder
Airforce Delta Storm
Steel Battalion
Hunter The Reckoning

Pat mesac
04-19-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer

What about you guys?

I had Dave mirra 2 and I got really sick of it so I traded it but now I really feal like playing it again. the multiplayer is the best in that game.

No Fear 23
04-20-2003, 12:18 AM
oddworld
deadoralive

Humanarchy
04-20-2003, 01:43 AM
The Thing
Dead to Rights
Blood Omen2

SPARTAN VI
04-20-2003, 01:46 AM
I want my friggin Morrowind back, now that they're releasing both expansions, I'm going to have to buy it again...:(

Reclaimer
04-20-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by hebgbz
Oddworld
Nascar Thunder
Airforce Delta Storm
Steel Battalion
Hunter The Reckoning

You ditched Steel Battalion? That game is worth something? I think Air Force Delta Storm is still worth some change too. That's why I still keep my copy around.

I'd be depressed too if I ditched SB. I hope you got some money for that. That's like the game nobody has and it sold for such a short amount of time.

Highlite23
04-20-2003, 08:33 AM
Silent Hill 2 is the only one i wish i had back, that was way back when, so now i can get it and Amped for $30 bucks, I can live with it.

FifthFreedom
04-20-2003, 09:12 AM
I've never traded a game in my life. I'm sort of like a collector... I don't care how bad or good it is... I'm keeping it!

Viper87227
04-20-2003, 09:14 AM
back when i got baulders gate for PS2 I though it was the greatest game ever. Then I beat it and went to play it as a different person but found I didnt want to anymore. Now I want it again becasue it was so much fun and I want a refresher before BG 2 comes out.

I must ask tho does anyone know if there is a difference between the xbox and PS2 versions, cuz the PS2 version is greatest hits and $20 cheaper???

Shadow20002
04-20-2003, 12:11 PM
Morrowind
Hunter: The Reckoning

I want to play more on thoses !! ;)

TegSkywalker
04-20-2003, 02:04 PM
TimeSplitters 2 for the Xbox and probably Xenogears when I had a Playstation 1. I also bought one of the Final Fantasy Anthologies and sold it before playing through any of the games.

Oh well, you learn to move on. :(

04-20-2003, 07:43 PM
PDO.

It will be a while before I pick that up again. But I still have the save file on my handy dandy Xbox hard drive.:D

the_wank3r
04-20-2003, 09:53 PM
MECHASSAULT!!!! I traded it away b/c I was bored of it...and now Im trading for it again. oh well...its such a fun game!

Dyslexic Chaos
04-20-2003, 10:51 PM
Max Payne tops my list. Beat it 3 times then traded it in. Now i have max payne cravings. Oh well, i traded it for 41 dollars (canadian) and its only 25 now. Im up 15 dollars!!! I'll probably buy it thursday. Morrowind i also miss too, but ill either buy the platinum or the gold version again.

Arven
04-28-2003, 10:14 AM
The main one was Morrowind. I missed that game so much. I recently bought it again, used. It was wonderful to see the opening screen, hear the music, hop off the boat in Seyda Neen, and wander the familiar countryside. I didn't really get into the gameplay much this time around -- it was more about visiting places I missed. I'm kind of weird, I guess.

I haven't bought it back, but I traded 007 Nightfire away and would like to complete it (gave up about 2/3 of the way through). I also traded away Ratchet & Clank for the PS2, and I may regret that someday.

One of the nice things about the OXM demo discs, by the way, is that you can scratch an itch to play an old game. I'm thinking of Rallisport or Hunter, for instance. Sometimes I'll get the urge for just 10 minutes of rally racing or co-op zombie shotgunning, and the discs hit the spot.

MeSs
04-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Dead Or Alive 3... :(
:watchout:
MeSs

strangefate
04-29-2003, 11:22 AM
Yeah, let's see. I traded in a whole bunch of games to get XBox Live and Unreal Championship, these are the ones I'd like back.

Oddworld (never beat it, want it back)
Silent Hill 2 (never beat it, want it back)

btw, they don't give you 1/3 of the amount you should be getting when you trade in a game.