PDA

View Full Version : Your fav. xbox game that got a bad score

BORNGD
04-18-2003, 07:43 PM
whats your fav. xbox game that got a pretty bad score??? i was thinking about this the other day and i cant rememer how mad dash racing did, but that game is kinda fun...other than that, i seem to only buy games that get good scores...

thoughts anyone?

SiGuy
04-18-2003, 07:54 PM
Bloodwake. Horrible rating, great game

LTM360
04-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ~ManoWar~
Bloodwake. Horrible rating, great game

You should be shot, right now. Bloodwake is hands down the best example of developers making great graphics, and some of the worst gameplay/story/sounds ever. Bloodwake is the best example, horrible gameplay, the worst story ever, and some lame boring sounds, BUT GREAT GRAPHICS. This is why I hate new systems, graphics get better, and better, thats why I see no reason in making new systems, cause Graphics sell 80% of the time, never a game with great gameplay, and a great story, those never sell. So developers make games with great graphics. I hate it. Want an example? Eternal Darkness is one of the best games of all time IMHO, and look how well it sold....I rest my case. Oh yeah, guess what, it didnt have very good graphics.

On the subject, I've never disagreed with the majoraty of ratings. The only rating I've ever disagreed with is (if you read most of my posts, you guessed it) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. I won't discuss GTA:VC. Other than that, I can't ever say I disagreed 100% with a rating, Game Informer, IGN, and Gamespot gives.

Reclaimer
04-18-2003, 08:12 PM
Conflict Desert Storm didn't rate that well, but it sold a million copies, and it's still the same price as it was when it came out last October. But it got lousy scores, and it's my favorite game.

Bloodwake was another, bad score..good game situation.

OuFtb
04-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Prisoner of War, it got a 5.9 by OXM, its not a game for everyone, but I like it and think its a pretty good game.

Xbox Owner
04-18-2003, 08:52 PM
Ghost Recon, I mean, sure an 8.4 (GS) is good..but it should say

if you have live: 10.:D

Highlite23
04-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Dead To Rights..................."It's too hard" bunch of whiners, great game, great challenge. Perfect example of gameplay over graphics.

Runner up, although all of a sudden everyone is seeing how much fun it is, but Buffy got slammed when it was released, I love this game also, alot of fun.

Most recentlly, Tao Feng, very under appreciated.

bretman1234
04-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
Dead To Rights..................."It's too hard" bunch of whiners, great game, great challenge. Perfect example of gameplay over graphics.

Runner up, although all of a sudden everyone is seeing how much fun it is, but Buffy got slammed when it was released, I love this game also, alot of fun.

Buffy got slammed?
correct me if I'm wrong but Official Xbox Magazine gave it a 9.0 when it came out. That doesn't count as slammed in my book.

borka105
04-18-2003, 09:12 PM

Dead to Rights is a Perfect Example..................

BUT........................TWO games come to mind

QUANTUM REDSHIFT, BLINX.

they got slammed, but they are two of the most enjoyable games that I played last year.

-borka105

ARONO129
04-18-2003, 09:55 PM
NFL Fever 2003 didn't score as high as I think it should have and I've played the other two football games.

Two games that score high that are trash are NHL 2K3. Great gameplay with best A.I. I've ever seen but PS1 graphics. Also EA's NHL 2003. What a waste of a once good series.

People that say gameplay over graphics IMO are just giving lazy (EA Sports) developers an excuse. At the prices we pay for games the graphics and the gameplay should be stellar.

I hope companies that put out games like Shrek, Raw and Kabuki Warriors end up losing a lot of $$ on those type of games because there is no excuse for them.

shrew king
04-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Blood Wake, Quantum Redshift, and Kung Fu Chaos. All of them I had a good time with, and was surprised when they weren't rated that great, but who cares, ratings don't make decisions for me.

VenoM
04-18-2003, 10:54 PM
bloodwake on xboxlive muliplayer would be great fun..one thing they should of put in that game is sys-link atleast

BCan
04-19-2003, 12:36 AM
I've never heard a bad word about Blinx, other than it isn't for the serious nut out there who loves to play "serious" games. Only stuff I have heard about it is that it the trendsetter in how to use the XBOX for games, with the VCR feature well utilised on a system that can handle it.....

canadianboi3
04-19-2003, 01:26 AM
I think NBA 2K3 is a lot better than people rate it. As well as Ghost Recon.

|ROS|Drakon
04-19-2003, 01:59 AM
Kung Fu Chaos. what else can i say other than GIGANTIC and REVENGENCE DAY! lol that game was great fun.

Cheat
04-19-2003, 09:53 AM
Batman Dark Tomorrow had bad ratings but it will always be in my heart... and i'll be sure to play it over and over...

Shadow20002
04-19-2003, 11:50 AM
Buffy The Vampire Slayer....get the "No one play this game" award at Gamespot... :rolleyes: I like it to dead...

borka105
04-19-2003, 12:09 PM
yeah, who can forget nfl fever 2003. That game really got slammed and is a joy to play on LIVE.

NBA INSIDE DRIVE 2002 & 2003 also got bad scores but imho are the two best b-ball titles two years in a row.

-borka105

bretman1234
04-19-2003, 02:34 PM
you guys are saying quantum redshift got a bad rating???? OXM gave it a 9.0 and all other ratings gave it about an 8. This is my favorite racing game that is out today!

SPARTAN VI
04-19-2003, 06:03 PM

Exactly what I had in mind.

POW was pretty good, too. I figured when it comes out on PC that PCGAMER would rate it somewhere in the 70%, which is what I would've rated it. Sure enough, POW got a 70%, which isn't bad. Games that rate in the 70's are "GOOD", 80's are "Excellent" and 90's-100 are "Editor's Choice". I love PCGAMER. :]

carlbme
04-19-2003, 07:13 PM
POW and Conflict:Desert Storm (great coop)

l Maximus l
04-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Didn't Mortal Kombat get somewhat slammed around? I think it's the best Mortal Kombat to date and I play it religiously. By the way, all ya'll are lucky it's not XBox Live enabled :D

chris_renaud
04-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Kabuki Warriors now that was a great games. But I don't understand why people gave it such bad reviews.

CharlieHustle
04-19-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by chris_renaud
Kabuki Warriors now that was a great games. But I don't understand why people gave it such bad reviews.

You gotta be fu(kin kiddin me. So im gonna take it as a joke. I think that GR was or shall i say is the greatest LIVE game to date, or at least the most played. Tru enough it got a mid to high 8's in the ratings, but i think it deserved a 9.6. I remember the day it came out, i was actuallly debating between it and mechassault, i got GR instead. About 2 months later i got MA on sale, then i sold it back in like 3 days. I still play GR today.

How bout that this is my 100th post!!!!!

chris_renaud
04-19-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle

You gotta be fu(kin kiddin me. So im gonna take it as a joke. I think that GR was or shall i say is the greatest LIVE game to date, or at least the most played. Tru enough it got a mid to high 8's in the ratings, but i think it deserved a 9.6. I remember the day it came out, i was actuallly debating between it and mechassault, i got GR instead. About 2 months later i got MA on sale, then i sold it back in like 3 days. I still play GR today.

How bout that this is my 100th post!!!!!

By the way that was a jk. Kabuki warriors sucks the big floppy.

happyhotdog
04-20-2003, 01:26 AM
i forget what it got in oxm but i liked the thing alot

Highlite23
04-20-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by bretman1234

Buffy got slammed?
correct me if I'm wrong but Official Xbox Magazine gave it a 9.0 when it came out. That doesn't count as slammed in my book

you guys are saying quantum redshift got a bad rating???? OXM gave it a 9.0 and all other ratings gave it about an 8. This is my favorite racing game that is out today!

I think we are looking at "accross the board" ratings, almost every title gets "ONE" good review somewhere.

Quantum, although a fantastic game, is headed to Platinum status, and Buffy, until recentlly, was no ones choice to pick up...OXM rating or not.

Dream Theater
04-20-2003, 11:37 AM
My votes go to Enclave, Turok, and the most unappreciated game ever goes to

NFL2K3!!! Alot of people didn't buy it dispite great reviews. It's far and away the best sports game ever released. It's now selling for $10.00 I couldn't believe it. It's a travesty in the gaming world.

Xbox Owner
04-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah..I forgot NBA ID.. while this year did get a 7.6.. the 2002 was pretty damn good too

even my ps2 fanboy friend said he wishes it went to ps2

lefiend
04-21-2003, 01:21 AM
im surprised noone said Azurik yet... that game is one that i loved soo much, one of my favourite games for the box so far

new legends wasnt bad either, it had a good story and awesome gameplay, but its weak graphics screwed it over

Hugh_Jass
04-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by lefiend
im surprised noone said Azurik yet... that game is one that i loved soo much, one of my favourite games for the box so far

I'll second your vote for Azurik. I loved that game. The world was huge and gorgeous. The puzzles were inventive. I was sad when I finished that game.

powerslave
04-21-2003, 11:26 PM
for me it's Circus Maximus . i think it's a great game and i still own it since it came out.

not sure it got a bad score or not,all i know is i beat the game 20 times.

Vuldarak Zeta
04-23-2003, 10:33 PM
tao feng. ive only one mag give it a good review. i think its one hellova first attempt and tf2 will be balls out!:D

xboxman_1
04-24-2003, 10:06 AM
ya, i have to add to what highlite said - i wouldnt take OXM into consideration for giving reviews. It widely known that OXM is so biased in the reviews they arent even worth reading. I think its a little strange that they usually give the games a few points higher than ANYWHERE esle. Makes me mad.

ftyards
04-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Enclave and Conflict Desert Storm

GrizzlySuit
04-24-2003, 07:59 PM
;) did splintercell get a bad score;)

ronin_matt
04-24-2003, 09:57 PM
Run Like Hell...not my favourite, but a fun game nonetheless.

Wolfgame
04-25-2003, 07:30 PM
I love Whacked it is a very fun game IMHO

bobothebear
04-25-2003, 07:50 PM
i would say dark summit... that game was pretty fun overall

Kane040
04-26-2003, 10:46 AM
Blood Omen 2, my first XBox game, and a pretty damn good one at that, although im not sure what the score it got was ;)