PDA

View Full Version : I tell ya... I am loving JSRF

TegSkywalker
04-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Earlier this month I snagged a copy of Jet Set Radio Future (I liked the previous one on the Dreamcast) and having a real blast with it! I can't understand why some people do not give this game a chance even when they get it free with an Xbox bundle.

What I like about it is the way it plays... the graphics... and that it has a different feel than 95% of the games out there.

I do admit it is nice to play a game that isn't another FPS, a counter-terrorism or WW2 themed game, or sports deriative.

Fresh gameplay with great art style makes this game tops in my book.

Cyclone
04-20-2003, 01:32 PM
It's a decent game but to be honest, I would have never purchased the game on my own. I would have been happy if my Xbox only came with SegaGT2002 or if it came with that and something else. Still, JSRF is a good game but not my type. I don't really find myself enjoying it as much as I just want to finish it and get it over with.

l Maximus l
04-20-2003, 01:41 PM
I never really liked JSRF...I remember the first time I had a glance at the game, I was playing the demo from OXM. I remember that I couldn't wait to be finished with it.

Anyway...I think it's cool that you like the game, Teg...every man for himself. I, myself, can't get enough of death and destruction :D

VenoM
04-20-2003, 01:58 PM
ahhhh...jet set radio future was the reason i wanted an xbox...when i first found out jsrf was gonna be released on xbox and not on the dying dreamcast i said to myself i guess i'll just have to get an xbox :D love that game

Variation-XBA
04-20-2003, 01:59 PM
I played it for a few weeks and havent really touched it since. Was fun while it lasted though :)

TegSkywalker
04-20-2003, 02:02 PM
I actually got the JSRF/SegaGT combo disk for around $8 off of the Amazon Marketplace. It was in great shape with no scratches on the DVD and came with both instruction manuals.

Queasy Buddy
04-20-2003, 07:30 PM
Yeah this is a great game. The reason that people probably don't like this game and don't give it a chance is because of the cellshading. a lot of people don't like it they think it's a cheap way of making games. Therefor barly anyone gives a chance to JSRF and they don't get to discover the addictive gameplay.

Thats what I think.;)

Flood
04-20-2003, 09:51 PM
JSRF is such a great game....now if they will only release a 3rd installment that is XBL playable, and my life will be complete

ImmortalTech
04-20-2003, 10:22 PM
i am probably the person who loves this game the most. i loved the first one on Dreamcast and when i found out it was coming out for Xbox i had to get it. It is better than the first one, with new moves and nicer controls i can't get enough. Man if they made a third, i think i would go insane:eek:

04-21-2003, 12:35 AM
i am loving jsrf too BUT i am having aproblem already.
i can find the last half of anything in the heights section. :( i need help

jabrre
04-21-2003, 12:46 AM
I love the game so much. I played the Jet Grind Radio when it was with the Dreamcast and got hooked ever since. However, my only gripe about JSRF is this: There isnt an option where you can Save and then Exit, in case you need to quit. Maybe I am overlooking something. Other than that, the game is absoultely a delight to play.

Nato King
04-21-2003, 08:31 AM
I remember when I had this game. I use to play it all the time. But once I finished the game I had no use for it anymore so I traded it in for Splinter Cell. It was good while it last.:)

Spaztic
04-21-2003, 02:41 PM
bought it, beat it, wish I never played it!

FiftyCent
04-21-2003, 08:29 PM
i like it but its so hard i stooped playing it and im into splinter cell im stuck on the level where you have to paint on top of each buildings lol so hard so i quit

MixMasta
04-22-2003, 10:28 AM
i loved JSRF. It came out on my birthday last year, so I got it the first day. I reallly enjoyed the uniqueness of it. And I also liked how it wasn't completly linear. The semi-open gameplay is a real treat. I have to go back though, and unlock all the characters though, because I haven't done that yet. Maybe in the summer....

Flood I agree with you. Live could enhance this game soo much more, and what if the arenas for the multiplayer were actually the levels in the game(like the rooftops, the bigger levels). With the massiveness of some of those levels, you could easiley have some 16 player mayhem.

But also, you people who say you just can't wait to get it over, that feeling really ****es me off. I hate when I play a game, and instead enjoying it, I try to rush through since the experience isn't really fun at all. For me, MGS2 and Mech Assault were like that.

Viper87227
04-23-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by ImmortalTech
i am probably the person who loves this game the most. i loved the first one on Dreamcast and when i found out it was coming out for Xbox i had to get it. It is better than the first one, with new moves and nicer controls i can't get enough. Man if they made a third, i think i would go insane:eek:

LOL man know one is more of a JSRF fan than me! I had HJet Drind Radio on DC, Imported Jet Set Radio for DC, bought Xbox soly for JSRF, would have rather won a JSRF shirt than the NBA2k3 I won, imported some di-cast models of Beat, Gun, and Corn. I spend hours at a time desinging the perfect grafitti! And the list goes on. All I need is a Jet Set Radio Past with like dinky rollerskates from the '50s LoL :D

Hitman101
04-23-2003, 09:11 PM
I capped JSRF, Sega GT in the bundle pack and Project Gothem Racing for $35 used at my local electronics store. Good deal eh.

GrizzlySuit
04-24-2003, 07:47 PM
i love it to, but i can't fine all them golden rhynos

jabrre
04-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Jet Set Radio Future's music and graphics have me hooked. I am looking for one more thing to spray in the Street level.Normally, Id be frustrated trying to look for one more thing to do in the level, but the music and the action never gets me to that point. Halo also is like that for me. I do not care about completing the game at all anytime soon. Experiencing Halo and JSRF is enough to keep me satisfied.

frog11983
04-25-2003, 04:20 PM
I went from really liking that game, to kinda liking it, then I lost all interest in it and despise it now. It was too repeative for me, and if you screw up once, you have to start all over and do it again. And the music was cool at first, but then it got really annoying. I dunno, not to flame anyone.. like maximus said, every man for himself.

ImmortalTech
04-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227

LOL man know one is more of a JSRF fan than me! I had HJet Drind Radio on DC, Imported Jet Set Radio for DC, bought Xbox soly for JSRF, would have rather won a JSRF shirt than the NBA2k3 I won, imported some di-cast models of Beat, Gun, and Corn. I spend hours at a time desinging the perfect grafitti! And the list goes on. All I need is a Jet Set Radio Past with like dinky rollerskates from the '50s LoL :D

man even if you say that i have spent 50 hours playing the new one and i regret selling my Dc only because of that game. I have spent at least 10 hours making grafitti on only one (it's wicked nice). Man though i can't get enough of that game (never)

JayMan36
04-25-2003, 08:56 PM
JSRF is a decent game but it gets repetitive and that freakin music ****es me off,its so damn annoying!!!

:cuss: http://www.classicgaming.com/sotss/goodies/images/smrpg/art/mario.gif

GrizzlySuit
04-25-2003, 08:58 PM
how do u find the damn golden rhynos????

TegSkywalker
04-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by JayMan36
JSRF is a decent game but it gets repetitive and that freakin music ****es me off,its so damn annoying!!!

It depends on how much you let it get to you. Some of it is pretty catchy and adds to the mood while others seem to get under your skin. As a whole, I think the music works very well throughout JSRF.

:wink: