PDA

View Full Version : Voices from beyond the grave..........on your XBOX?

Von Sturmgeist
04-22-2003, 07:58 PM
Have any of you ever heard the spooky voices coming from the background on the xbox main configuration screen???. The first time I turned on the xbox I noticed the background sound, and I thought, cool! and just when I was about to put a disc on the tray I heard this kind of weird robotic voice on the background!!! it scared the s$%# out of me!!, I then waited to see if it happen again but it did not! until.......a couple of days ago I was about to turn of the machine and BINGO! I heard it again. The next time you find yourself on the config. screen pay close attention to the sound, and try to figure out what IT! says, THIS IS NO JOKE I SWEAR.

No Fear 23
04-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Von Sturmgeist
Have any of you ever heard the spooky voices coming from the background on the xbox main configuration screen???. The first time I turned on the xbox I noticed the background sound, and I thought, cool! and just when I was about to put a disc on the tray I heard this kind of weird robotic voice on the background!!! it scared the s$%# out of me!!, I then waited to see if it happen again but it did not! until.......a couple of days ago I was about to turn of the machine and BINGO! I heard it again. The next time you find yourself on the config. screen pay close attention to the sound, and try to figure out what IT! says, THIS IS NO JOKE I SWEAR.

sounds like u still have some 420 in ya from 4/20

xboxman_1
04-22-2003, 08:07 PM
No, he speaks the truth. It actually is kinda scary...and I dont do drugs. I prefer to call them what OXM did - the "Super Creepy Satanic Rumblings."

y2kash_14
04-22-2003, 09:11 PM
yeah, he's telling the truth

OuFtb
04-22-2003, 09:12 PM
I have heard of this happening, but it has never actully happend to me. I never pay to much attention to the sound on the configuration screen, but I will now, and see if it happens.

ARONO129
04-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Mine has that sound too. The trick is not turning it too loud. It says "I own your soul".

LongBow
04-23-2003, 07:38 AM
I own your soul eh.... this coming from Microsoft? Never ;)... hehe... Im going to check this out.. I remember OXM talking about the satanic rumblings. .but I though there were just joking

tennyson
04-23-2003, 08:47 AM
I have to admit, I've heard that weird robotic voice a few times. Can't really tell what it says, but it's there, you just have to be there at the right time to hear it.

ONLYONXBOX
04-23-2003, 08:54 AM
actually the longer you have the xbox dashboard on the more you will hear those interesting sounds.

Yannie Boy
04-23-2003, 01:35 PM
ive heard the voices too..... one night i was in my room and i was madddd tired....so it's like 2 in the morning and i had the surround on.........and alll of a sudden i wake up and i start hearin these voices....i has thinking to my self "what **** was that?!" but after a while you get used to it.............now im trying to find out what exactlly he says....but it's hard to make out

No Fear 23
04-23-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
ive heard the voices too..... one night i was in my room and i was madddd tired....so it's like 2 in the morning and i had the surround on.........and alll of a sudden i wake up and i start hearin these voices....i has thinking to my self "what **** was that?!" but after a while you get used to it.............now im trying to find out what exactlly he says....but it's hard to make out

its saying "Give No Fear 23 your games"

Dark Enemy
04-23-2003, 01:48 PM
ive heard, it never got my scarred but yeah i never understood what it said.:watchout:

Viper87227
04-23-2003, 03:12 PM
its true.....its true....its all true

hehe just tried it and 1stt ehre was a voice i couldnt make out, then there was like schreeching then vioces twice more, some more screeching, the a voice that sounded like it said fight for your life. They were all at like 5 minute intervals. Pretty freaky... the Microsoft Monsters are after me :cry:

JonTheCanuck
04-24-2003, 01:07 AM
i've heard these things too, strange sounds, haven't had it on for that long tho so next time i'm on i'm gonna try listening in

NINE BREAKER
04-24-2003, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I've heard 'em too. It sounds like a robotic female saying some thing, just not sure what, and some screeching and winding noises too.

Blutox
04-24-2003, 09:40 AM
I think he says " One of these days I'm going to cut into little pieces".

Viper87227
04-24-2003, 02:47 PM
This would make a great contest question... What does the freaky robot voice say on your xbox dashboard?

GrizzlySuit
04-24-2003, 03:48 PM
I've noticed this also. I'm talking to an Xbox representitave... they have no idea what it is... or do they??:watchout:

Leviathon
04-25-2003, 08:57 AM
Scarry stuff .......:cry: :watchout:

SPARTAN VI
04-25-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by tennyson
I have to admit, I've heard that weird robotic voice a few times. Can't really tell what it says, but it's there, you just have to be there at the right time to hear it.

Yeah, its just a jabbering robotic noise. Leave your Xbox on at the dashboard and turn the volume up, you'll be able to hear the voice just jabbering in the ambience.:watchout:

SiGuy
04-25-2003, 02:20 PM
I noticed this to. Im a perfectionist so one day I just sat there editing EVERY SINGLE SONG TITLE to the exact name on the cd and those little voices started and they got more frequent and they were goin off at me like every twenty seconds. Its too hard to hear what they say I tried turning my surround all the way up and still couldnt make it out.

Reclaimer
04-25-2003, 09:09 PM
I never noticed until I got my theater system. I was just looking through my hard drive at all my game saves. I was bored and I had the volume turned up on my receiver. I heard the voice, but it was from the rear speakers only. I jumped. I wasn't quite ready for that.

Master Gracey
04-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Something tells me that Microsoft didn't intend for the Xbox to be used in instrumental transcommunication. :D But if that's the case, we shall have to contact the Spiricom project immediately. Good thing they're right up the road from me!

http://www.worlditc.org/

cjskater
04-26-2003, 02:55 PM
yeah I heard it to but they talk to fast for me to hear what they say, I also have heard a noise like a knife or something being sharpened in the background.

VeNoMiZA
04-26-2003, 03:59 PM
yea i always hear them when i leave my xbox on.. does it freakl me out? NO. to me it sounds like traffic and people babbling on the street... wierd.. cant really make it out what it says.. sometimes it sounds like electronic sounds going on a wierd rhythm.

Hitman101
04-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Do say I'm crazy but I've had it happen to me in XBL. One day I got up toke my shower, brushed my teeth..........Blah...........blah....blah. The I turn on my xbox pop in Unreal Championship connected to my friend Duffman's server. We start talking and stuff then I disconnect from his server. As I'm look ing at the main XBL screen of UC I here a small wisper of something............:yikes:.......................and yes it was is the mic and I was all alone in the house. I swear man it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me while playing XBL. it was so wierd. :watchout:

Master Gracey
04-27-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Hitman101
Do say I'm crazy but I've had it happen to me in XBL. One day I got up toke my shower, brushed my teeth..........Blah...........blah....blah. The I turn on my xbox pop in Unreal Championship connected to my friend Duffman's server. We start talking and stuff then I disconnect from his server. As I'm look ing at the main XBL screen of UC I here a small wisper of something............:yikes:.......................and yes it was is the mic and I was all alone in the house. I swear man it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me while playing XBL. it was so wierd. :watchout:

Oh, man!! I'd go and get XBL in a minute if I could connect to the afterlife. :D I'd love to play the first multi-planar videogame.

canadianboi3
04-27-2003, 11:24 AM
The longer you are on the dash or going through the options, the louder it speaks, and the more frequent it does. I've just heard it yambering on, I can't understand what there saying.

dave729
05-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Maybe its sudam from the grave!>>>BOO! Gotcha didn't I

GrizzlySuit
05-04-2003, 09:40 PM
I turned up the sound on full and sat down for 20 minutes listening to it up close. It sounds like raidio transmitions. but i still couldn't make out what they were saying.

Soul Redeemer
05-04-2003, 10:12 PM
I've listened before an I know I heard things but I couldn't really make them out ...

frog11983
05-04-2003, 10:44 PM
sounds like imperial probe droids if you ask me... alert the base! we need to evac now!

No Fear 23
05-04-2003, 10:53 PM
i would like to know whats really goin on in the dashboard.

maybe its just a sound that sounds like voices or commotion goin on.

frog11983
05-04-2003, 10:58 PM
i think its just for an ambience "techy" feel. nothing really to be worried about. i don't think they are saying anything in particular.

No Fear 23
05-04-2003, 11:06 PM
take this sort of test that is similar to the voices heard from xbox. if u keep ur volume high, u could hear it at the end. but this one is much more scarier.
test (http://www.liquidgeneration.com/sabotage/vision_sabotage.asp)

Icecream
05-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
take this sort of test that is similar to the voices heard from xbox. if u keep ur volume high, u could hear it at the end. but this one is much more scarier.
test (http://www.liquidgeneration.com/sabotage/vision_sabotage.asp)

Haha :) I like the test.

Also, you don't need a 5.1 system to hear those robotic voices. It's just mumberish stuff and it never scared me one bit.

I think M$ put that to give the Xbox more of a 'futuristic' feel when powered up.

Actually, I like it. Makes me feel I own a personal 'Xbox Robot'. :D

aj142
05-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Yeah, those effects are on every Xbox. Nothing new. It simply says, "be sure to drink your Ovaltine".

Waterspout
05-08-2003, 11:57 AM
I heard it for the first time 2 years ago when I first got XBOX. I just finished playing Halo for the first time and then had it on the config screen where I heard it. It scared the hell out of me.