PDA

View Full Version : Headhunter: Redemption Announced!

Viper87227
04-23-2003, 06:59 AM
SEGA today announced the development of Headhunter: Redemption, a cinematic third-person action epic for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

Headhunter: Redemption is the gripping story of Jack Wade, a veteran Headhunter keeping order in a futuristic world overrun with unchecked consumerism, vicious organized crime and mind-controlling mass media. When Jack and his protégé, the sassy, streetwise Leeza X, stumble upon an arms smuggling operation that threatens the status quo, they must work together to deliver an oblivious world from impending catastrophe, confronting their darkest fears beneath a chilling shroud of evil that blankets the city.

Taking place in a world divided, Headhunter: Redemption features two disparate, symbiotic realities – "Above" and "Below." "Above" is a glittering metropolis of glass and steel towers, whose citizens are controlled by ever-present media and the powerful corporations behind it. "Below" is a subterranean colony, home to criminals, undesirables and misfits, sent down by the society "Above" to work in return for the right to survive.

"Headhunter: Redemption's execution of content delivers a unique gaming experience. Combining stunning locations, an original storyline and highly developed character design inspired by the best action movie blockbusters of today, Headhunter: Redemption brings true cinematic qualities to the games market," said Mathew Quaeck, European Product Manager, SEGA Europe, Ltd.

The title is in development by Amuze and is slated for release in North America and Europe in late 2003. The sequel to the acclaimed SEGA Dreamcast and PlayStation 2 release Headhunter, Headhunter: Redemption continues the story of the first game 20 years after the devastation caused by the Bloody Mary virus.
----------------------------------------

IMO this game sounds awesome. I imported it on Dreamcast, and even have been thinking aobut picking it up again on PS2. If this game can hold up to the orignal it will be awesone. And since the artical isnt real clear on the nature of the gameplay, it is a futuristic stealth action game that is very similar to MGS2 gamplay wise! I advise everyone to keep an eye open for this game
:cool:

Highlite23
04-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Can you say....................MUST HAVE :D

Kraft
04-23-2003, 09:48 AM
Isn't redemption the new subtitle of the new Hunter game coming out also?

WynnFire
04-23-2003, 03:08 PM
FINALLY!! I was going to buy the Dreamcast version but then they didn't release it in america and I was disappointed. I didn't want to import because it cost too much for me at the time. I can't wait for this. :D

Viper87227
04-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by WynnFire
FINALLY!! I was going to buy the Dreamcast version but then they didn't release it in america and I was disappointed. I didn't want to import because it cost too much for me at the time. I can't wait for this. :D

Redemption is a completly new game. I still reccoment the original its well worth it (get if off ebay should be cheap or get it on PS2 if ya got one). Would probably be nice to famiarize yourself with the style of gameplay. It remides me alot of MGS2 but its kinda different gameplay.

and to Kraft....I believe you are right. How mysterious :watchout:

Viper87227
04-23-2003, 03:30 PM
Just found out not only is this game on the way....its gunna be at E3!!!!! Lets buy sega a beer :cheers:

I am feelint particulary lazy and am not gunna even quote the article but head on over to IGN to read it. BTW the article is under IGN PS2 not IGN XBOX

GrizzlySuit
04-24-2003, 07:42 PM
I've never heard of the game... sounds good tho

D-Mob
04-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by GrizzlySuit
I've never heard of the game... sounds good tho

Really! I suggest you try and play the original somehow. I believe if it would've come out on Dreamcast that it would've been my favorite game to play on it. It is awesome and I can't wait for this sequel.

RudedogX
04-25-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Viper87227
Just found out not only is this game on the way....its gunna be at E3!!!!! Lets buy sega a beer :cheers:

Yet another reason I can't wait for E3!:cheers:

MixMasta
04-25-2003, 12:20 PM
redeemer, not redemption

its hunter the reckoning: redeemer

btw, this sega game looks sweet, whens it due out....

mmichael0
04-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Another great game for the XBox from Sega :D
I will drink to that :cheers:

Viper87227
04-25-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
redeemer, not redemption

its hunter the reckoning: redeemer

btw, this sega game looks sweet, whens it due out....

"The title is in development by Amuze and is slated for release in North America and Europe in late 2003. "

WynnFire
09-14-2003, 12:17 AM
Sorry for bringing this old thread back up but I completely forgot about this game until I stumbled upon this old thread. Is it still in production? Is it still coming out? I haven't heard anything about since this was posted. That was what, april? All I can find is a few crappy pictures (probably PS2 screenshots, lol) but that's it. Anyone know?