PDA

View Full Version : EA's Total Control

memphissheik
04-23-2003, 04:00 PM
Aight, look.

Nobody likes to admit. So, I'll take the punishment. EA has got something with it's Total Control engineering. This years version of Live (2003) is spectacularly well developed from a basketaball sense when it come sto player movement.

There are a few truths though...

Defense if **** poor and other than Total Control, EA coasted through another seaons of basketball with no real changes.

My question is this...

What if they put total control into all the other sports titles.

Deek (sp) for Hockey games
Dives and Special Slides for it's MLB series

I know some of you hate EA, but sometimes that's good..is actually well..

what's good...

ARONO129
04-23-2003, 04:29 PM
EA Sports is capable of making good games. Their Madden series is good (It would be better if they changed Madden's commentary i.e. "They have to protect well on this play, they have to protect well on every play" type comments.

NBA Live 2001 had the WORST A.I. of any sports game I've ever played. You cound stand under your own basket and pass the ball 3\4 up the court to a teammate and score every time.

Hockey has become an arcade joke. What "Gamestory?" and the opposing players just circle the puck. The fans look cheesy especially the cardboard ones facing backwards behing the net. Don Taylor adds to making the series a complete tragedy.

The games they make for the Xbox are a step down from PS2 ports.

They are a greedy, lazy company.

MasterChief
05-02-2003, 08:11 PM
yep

Dulacc
05-03-2003, 08:18 PM
One title I've really gotten to like from EA is College Football 2003. I like the depth of the off-season, and the overall gameplay. I especially liked being able to create my own college team.

Anyway, I can't really comment on Live 2002/2003. They weren't interesting enough of a rental to buy.

I like the Madden Series, but the 2k series just kills Madden on the commentary.

With EA, it's kind of a hit and miss thing. A lot like most game manufacturers.

Tix
05-03-2003, 08:36 PM
if they're that good why wont they make a LIVE soccer game for the xbox?....:cuss:

-=EDITED after Dulacc post=-

Dulacc
05-04-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Tix
if they're that good why wont they make a soccer game for the xbox?....:cuss:

Um, Fifa Soccer anyone?

Fifa 2003?

by EA Sports

Tix
05-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Dulacc

Um, Fifa Soccer anyone?

Fifa 2003?

by EA Sports

oops i wanted to say a LIVE soccer game....sorry

Dulacc
05-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Yeah, a Live soccer game would be pretty cool. Unfortunately, EA hasn't made any game Live enabled yet.

Oh well.

Maybe Sega will put one together.

Tix
05-04-2003, 05:27 PM
i hope so

En7gMa
05-07-2003, 08:08 PM
EA isnt doing too good in the online gaming industry

CarGuy
05-08-2003, 09:37 AM
If you play a lot of Madden 2003 then you'll notice the AI sucks hard. The first 4 or 5 games of franchise mode are easy then all of a sudden teams are 5 times harder to beat. The worst is the last two minutes of every half the AI team is impossible to stop. The worst team will drive on you and there's nothing you can do about it. I've even tried tweaking the AI settings but nothing will stop them. :cuss:

y2kash_14
05-12-2003, 11:12 PM
I can't stand the fact that most people hate EA just because they seem like they don't like the Xbox. They put-down one of the (if not THE) most talented game developers on this planet...and why?.. Because they don't like their favorite console. aww.. *tear*. It's just plain stupid.