PDA

View Full Version : Dirty disc problems

maxpower
12-04-2001, 09:14 AM
Luckily it hasn't happen too much but when it's happened is what gets my goat. Two or three times as I'm trying to start a game over gamespy. The error is something akin to 'dirty disc or damaged disc'. Is this a wide ranging problem. All I do is open and close the tray and it plays normally, although I've missed my chance to join a game.

Sachile_
12-04-2001, 10:17 AM
and, in halo some times my xbox says that its scrached or messed up or someting. but its fine!!!

XBOX Dude
12-04-2001, 10:50 AM
my take on this is sense these are dvd-9's there multi layered and if there is even a little smuge or hair it probably messes up a lot more data, cause i couldn't get the second demo disc to work them i noticed a little smuge i cleaned and it worked

jeah
12-04-2001, 05:39 PM
It doesn't mean you have an actual dirty disc. I had this error several times and found a solution:

Before joining a game over gamespy, turn on halo and create your own multiplayer system link game (i just keep hitting A button until it gets to the waiting for other xbox's screen). Then back out of the game you created and go back to the screen where you can wait for games to show or create your own. Now when you join someone's game you should have no problems.

This solution works for me everytime. If I forget to create the game first I always get the dirty disc error when i join.

Hope that helps.

XBOX MSSC
12-04-2001, 06:02 PM
thx jeah it WORKED !!!

Plasticman
12-05-2001, 04:15 PM
Yep, keep ripping from recordable CD's and your Xbox will get worse.

hugoboss
12-05-2001, 08:52 PM
Ripping from recordable CDs can mess up the system?