PDA

View Full Version : Who is getting Halo for the computer?

MixMasta
04-24-2003, 12:18 PM
The PC version of Halo is being eveloped by Gearbox, and it is scheduled to come out this September(14th is the tentative date.) I was wondering who is planning on picking it up. There is going to be online play, and supposedly servers will support 32 players. I think Halo for the PC will be a nice treat until Halo 2 comes out for Xbox. And since it is being released almost 1/2 a year earlier, I don't see why someone wouldn't pick it up.

Here is an article on the games current progress:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halo/news_2907480.html

Duke
04-24-2003, 12:26 PM
I'll probably have compatiblilty issues. Even so, I imagine I'll be busy enough on XBL till Halo 2

RudedogX
04-24-2003, 12:29 PM
I may be one of the few, but once I got done beating halo, I really haven't picked it up since. Call me crazy, but it wasn't too fun to me. Then again, I never really played the multiplayer maps, which I used to do all the time with games like turok, so I didn't have a reason to play it through more than once. Either way...when Halo 2 comes out, now that I will get!

Xtopia
04-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Anything video game with the letters, "H-A-L-O" I buy.:D So of course I'll be getting it!:)

WynnFire
04-24-2003, 02:21 PM
I'll probably pick it up to show what my console hating friends are missing. Plus, being able to use a mouse and keyboard will make me happy.

GrizzlySuit
04-24-2003, 06:20 PM
i'm not goona pick it up

my comp is a p.o.s. so i probally couldn't even play it

matt_ch86
04-24-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm happy with halo on xbox. And if you think about it, won't halo be abit too easy on pc given the slowness of masterchief and the quickness of the crosshair using a mouse?

FiftyCent
04-24-2003, 06:46 PM
wasnt halo only on xbox?

bobothebear
04-24-2003, 06:49 PM
i thought halo was never gonna come to pc... i thought that idea got scrapped!

BUT if it does come to pc my computer is probablly to slow to run it at all.

GrizzlySuit
04-24-2003, 07:40 PM
yeah i thought it was 'scrapped' too

BlindSniper
04-24-2003, 07:44 PM
My computer is so so sooo slow. So I dont think Ill be gettin halo. But it on internet would rock! but I really dislike computer games :(

GrizzlySuit
04-24-2003, 07:45 PM
lol... same reason i'm not getting it... besides the not like computer games part...

thesecreted
04-24-2003, 08:01 PM
heh most games on xbox are coming to PC, not may be unfortunate is some cases. but hey games are fun to play with controllers:D I think I won't but the Halo for my PC. I think i'll save the 50 for another game like Brute Force or Fable:)

SiGuy
04-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Id buy it if my computer wasnt so damn slow. I think it would be better on the computer. Seems like the controlling would be more precise.

Reclaimer
04-24-2003, 09:42 PM
When I was buying BEA for the Xbox 2 days a go, the sign said that Halo-PC was out in July.
Hmm...

Anyway, if I can build this new rig, then hell yes I'm going to get it. If I decide to scrap my plans and just stick with my laptop, then forget it. But, it looks fairly promising, maybe as soon as I can squeeze more info from some of your heads about building a comp. :D

Ugunnalose
04-24-2003, 11:26 PM
i dont think ill buy it just cause i can already play it online

SPARTAN VI
04-24-2003, 11:43 PM
I'll be getting it because my dad's computer will be able to support it. Doesn't mean I will be playing it, but I'll still have it in possession.:cheers:

VenoM
04-24-2003, 11:57 PM
do i have a burner? yup......do i have broadband?.....you damn right :D

mmichael0
04-25-2003, 01:48 PM
I do not know if I will get the Mac version of this game as I got the XBox version.
I might get it :confused:

SiGuy
04-25-2003, 02:07 PM
this would be cool if you could play someone on the computer through your xbox or someone that doesnt have an xbox but has the computer version could play someone with an xbox on xbconnect or something like that.

l Maximus l
04-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Normally, I would get it, however, one of the main reasons why I got my XBox is because I hated constantly updating my PC just so I can play the latest games. It costs too much money...though, I would love to have it.

I'm a patient dude...and I'll wait until Halo 2. But for now, I'm still playing the original Halo on XBConnect religiously. Last night, I had a game that only had me by myself on my XBox, then there was another one with 4 dudes on it, another with 3, and finally, the fourth XBox had 2 people on it...and they all said that my server was one of the best they have ever played on. Damn, I love this thing!! :D