PDA

View Full Version : Steel Batallion is going online!

MixMasta
04-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Well, at least in Japan it is. Actually, it sounds like its confirmed for the US too. It is going to be called Tekki Taisen(in Japan), which translates to Tekki Wars. So it will probably just be called Steel Batallion Wars. I never got a chance to play Steel Batallion, and I really wanted to, but I just really couldn't rationalize 200 bucks for one game. Has anyone here played it? If I have the money, I might pick this one up. But I hope that I would also be able to find the first one somewhere, to make the purchase more worthwhile.

The article is kind of slim and vague, but here it is anyways:

Tekki Online Becomes Tekki Wars
More details for Steel Battalion's Online counterpart coming soon.

April 23, 2003 - Capcom of Japan has updated its Tekki (Steel Battalion in Japan) website with the first solid bit of information on the game's Online counterpart. Previously referred to as just Tekki Online, the game is now being referred to by its official name of Tekki Taisen, which translates to Tekki Wars.
The site provides a few teaserish comments on the game:

Tekki has evolved
Tekki is being reborn an Online game
Meet your friends who own Tekki on the battlefield
Will you be friend or foe on the new battlefield of Tekki?
Tekki has evolved
Look forward to Tekki Wars.

The Japanese is far more dramatic, but we trust you get the point.

The site promises that the May 16 and 23 issues of Japanese publication Weekly Famitsu will feature more information on the game. Expect details then.

-- Anoop Gantayat, Contributor

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/394/394693p1.html

Sounds cool. Can't wait for more info!

Flood
04-24-2003, 01:16 PM
now if i could only afford it.....

RudedogX
04-24-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
now if i could only afford it.....
Exactly what I was thinking man!

carlbme
04-24-2003, 03:05 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of how to explain that I spent 200 on a video game to the wife.

:watchout:

VAN
04-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Hey, since I got that $5K, I could buy 25 of them!

Oh, wait. I forgot that I already own the game. :D

::dodges rocks::

Hugh_Jass
04-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Tekki online...

http://www.frozennorth.com/images/homerdrool.gif

Cat325L
04-24-2003, 11:45 PM
Yeah but the $200 bucks gets you more than a gaime it has that awsome controller. Hopefully if it sells well some more developers will design more games to use with it. I can't wait to get it. Luckily I have a wife who understands that I don't spend money on 20 prs of shoes and 13 different purses,(like most women) so when I want to get something like this it is all good. :D

Duke
04-24-2003, 11:48 PM
I think it'll be great, too bad there's no way I'll be able to work that setup in my room.

Just not enough space and it'd get damaged anyway.l

NINE BREAKER
04-25-2003, 12:16 AM
It's not the price that gets me, it's just I can't get it ANYWHERE! And alot of people are selling theirs, used, for $200, idiots.:cuss:

l Maximus l
04-25-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure how large the chain is, but, there is a chain called "Game Crazy" that is associated with Hollywood Video. If there is one of those around your neighborhood, I know that they regularly carry Steel Batallion and the 40 button controller. I've seen it several times...just never seen it on the screen or played the game. It has a big fat price tag of $199.99 on it :eek:

Kane040
04-26-2003, 10:54 AM
man i wish i had 200$ for that:cry:

MixMasta
04-26-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
It's not the price that gets me, it's just I can't get it ANYWHERE! And alot of people are selling theirs, used, for $200, idiots.:cuss:

some guy on fun xbox said they had 59 left on ebgames.com