PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Situation

Sachile_
12-04-2001, 10:15 AM
Just for now think that there is no Xbox,

now i realize that its hard to contemplate this but just bare with me.

would you buy a Gamecube or PS2??!?!

terrapin
12-04-2001, 01:06 PM
I'd buy a PS2. Couldn't pass up all those rehases. ;)

l Maximus l
12-04-2001, 01:44 PM
Sachile...If there was no XBox and I only had the choice to purchase a LameCube or a PoS2? Hmmmmm....I think I would go for the.....................................................PoS2. I'm tired of Nintendo. I grew out of my diapers two and a half decades ago. I will have to admit, I almost hyperventalated to your challenging question, though. The thought of no XBox is not a pleasant one... :D

LynxFX
12-04-2001, 03:19 PM
Neither, I would have waited and bought an NV25 for my pc and waited until someone made a console that looked interesting to me. That PS9 looked cool. But so did the flying cars behind it. :)

mattcoxonline
12-04-2001, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Sachile_
Hypothetical

Hypo-what-now?!?!

No, I know what you mean - I was just playing the fool...hardy ha ha!

Anyway - Gamecube. Nintendo make good games but they have f*cked up Zelda this time around!

xboxman_1
12-04-2001, 05:47 PM
PS2 all the way man..... You have to admit, they are gettin some really good games rioght about now. And I have owned Nintendo consoles all my life, but I think they screwed up this time....

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 10:01 PM
I woula become a PS2 fanboy if it was only in stock. After it came out I called everywhere for at least every day for a full month. After hearing from EB that I could be on a waiting list, and wait 6 months to get my PS2, I figured I might as well wait a few more months and get the good ol' X. I would still buy a PS 2 now, but after having the best, I wouldnt pay more than $100 for one...like that will ever happen...It made me almost sad when I was at walmart waiting for the X to be unleashed and at least 2 people put a PS2 on layaway, in addition to how many people bought it. I cant believe people would pay $300 for the thing when you have to KNOW it will come down to compete with Xbox and GC. But the poor kids who still want a PS2 a year later, and after seing the Xbox...jeez I just dont understand it

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 10:32 PM
Why dont you think so? FFXI will come to the XBox

SciFi
12-05-2001, 10:32 PM
well, they droped the $$$ of teh PS2 in other parts, so they ought to drop it in the USA...

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 10:36 PM
If Sony was smart they would of done it awhile ago for the increase the holiday sales will bring...Now poor kiddies will have to put up with a purple purse because their parents didnt want to spend the extra $100...parents will be like "I thought you liked Nintendo?" Yeah mom in 1989 I did.....

JeremyX
12-05-2001, 10:37 PM
PS2, if I had to. I just don't like the idea of getting ripped off. Funny thing is that I just bought a Gamecube. Now I'm playin Halo, DOA3, PGR, Rouge Leader and Super Smash Brothers. Life is pretty good right now.

Now, I know that the Gamecube has a very small selection of good games and most of them are hi-res remakes aimed towards preschool kids, but I'm having a little fun with it. Now don't get me wrong, it's no Xbox.

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 10:43 PM
Id only get a GC if it was really cheap, but only for Rouge Leader...dam[\] also Im jealous of the fold down PS1 like LCD screen...plus its small for travels...only if there were more good games it might be worth purchasing

Frostberg
12-05-2001, 10:51 PM
I read in Gamepro that FFXI is suppost to be released on PS2, GC, Xbox and PC because its suppost to be like a MMORPGof some sort and they said it was likely because they would want as many people as possible and by then many people would have invested in the new consoles. It must be in awhile, because I dont even know how they are suppost to get the cube online.

JeremyX
12-05-2001, 11:01 PM
Rogue Leader is a solid shooter once you get into the missions.

FFXI will not be comming to Xbox. Sony just bought over $100,000,000 worth of stock from Square to help them from thier losses from FF the movie and to get FFXI. Frankly I don't care much for the game, I'm looking forward to Panzer Dragoon!

But, what many people don't know is that Square commited to Xbox over a year ago. In fact Microsoft shipped dev kits to them. Not only did they receive them, they had FFXI running off the dev kits! The few people who saw it sayed that I looked awsome.

JeremyX
12-05-2001, 11:59 PM
Brute Force. Microsofts' next game for the Big Green Machine!

sinizuh
12-06-2001, 01:15 AM
yea, you should see the real in game screenshots... looks boring.

anyways, if there was no xbox, then i would have invested into a low-end computer for myself. PC will always be #1 ;)

Jason1010
12-06-2001, 07:51 AM
im already getting a gc and i despise ps2 so i guess ill say gc

Hugh_Jass
12-06-2001, 03:51 PM
I probably would have bought nothing. But if I did buy one of them it probably would have been the Cube and I probably would have been really disappointed with the boring games.

JeremyX
12-06-2001, 05:19 PM
I don't know what you are talking about. All the screen shots and game clips that I've seen look that good. Show me the pics you've seen.

JeremyX
12-09-2001, 01:34 AM
I'm still waiting.

Deathwish
12-09-2001, 08:46 AM
I would buy a Dreamcast

Twisted J
12-09-2001, 11:06 AM
i love hypothetical situations or questions. anything is possible with them!

Tempest87X
12-09-2001, 11:14 AM
lameCube. Super Monkey Ball looks fun. (haha stupid monkeys trap in balls haha)

XboxChump
12-09-2001, 07:41 PM
Well considering the Gc is more powerful than ps2,But Gc only has one game that i like thus far and thats super smash brother's.I am sure down the road Gc will have some good game's.But as of right now i would have to say Ps2...